i7 2600k vs. i7 990x

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
They are different, price wise & obviously performance wise. So its better now to compare them.
But obviously, 2600K is better value for money than 990x.

OP
Siddharth_1

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
Guys can you please compare their specs!

For an example;

Cores/Threads - ???
Clock Speed/Turbo Boost Speed - ???GHz
etc.

They are different, price wise & obviously performance wise. So its better now to compare them.
But obviously, 2600K is better value for money than 990x.

You are right. Also, on comparing the specs, maybe 2 x i7 2600k will prove better than a single i7 990x, both in performence and value for money.

Doing comparions like these may lead to better configured PCs.

I am getting confused;

• Bus/Core Ratio - 26 vs. 34
  • Bus Type - QPI vs. DMI
  • System Bus - 6.4 GT/s vs. 5 GT/s

Please reply!:evil:

Last edited:

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Yeah. Core to Core or Per MHz Performance of 2600K is better than 990X for the same reason. Thats why the 4 Core performs almost equally in many benches with the 6 Core 990x and costs one fourth :)

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
IF OP have created this thread because he wants to buy one of these two, then he must go for i7-2600K.

esudip

Overclocker @ 4.8 Ghz
For Gaming Purpose I suggest 2600K is Better than 990x
So if you want it for hardcore gaming.......Go for 2600K

Piyush

Lanaya
intel always launches these kind of processors(like 990x) every time they launch a processor line
and these types of processors are solely to tell the world "Look guys..this the the real beast in the world"

I wont honestly recommend anyone to go for these types of products because the difference between the price is insanely large

and not to mention, the value for money and performance per watt matters most of the time....not the over-hyped benchmark results

Top Bottom