i5 or i7 on lappy, screen resolution

powerstarprince

In the zone
dell xps fhd brgled screen n 4 gb ram, 500 gb 5400rpm hdd is 69k rs right now.. wahh !!
but this has a blue ray player and writer....

@sking is that hp dv6 laptop available in india which has 1080p display?

Sking

real steel
when i last visited hp world for 6121tx i was heartbreak coz they told its no more,so 6120tx mite too not be available,call ur retail centre.Xps15 with i5,backlit keyboard,1080p is 60k.

i dont know wats goin on in hp.there was 6017tx at 48k,6121tx at 53k which they have withdrawn.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
and i am still confused b/w dell and sony coz by spending like 6k more i am getting an i7 + 540m over i5 + 6630, considering both have 1080p screens.

how build quality of dell's xps 15 keyboard, it doesnt look sturdy enough compared to a sony or hp(i am using hp) ?

so share ur views.

Bro, first clear your confusion of pricing. The XPS you're talking about (i7+540M+1080p+backlit keyboard) costs 67k. Sadly, even with i5, its costing 65.8k :-o. Now you can clearly see the difference. Regarding what you get better in Dell, firstly blasting speakers (haven't listened, but all say its best out there). Regarding ASS, Sony is no bad either.

ya,xps15 rgbled is the best out there.hp dv6 6120tx priced at 52k has 1080p display.Go for xps15 if ur budget allows!

HP has not released any 1080p version of Dv6 in India AFAIK.

Sking

real steel
may be.but dell increased priced of every model by 3k.few days before xps15 base model was 48k nw 51k,same with 15r its top model was 44k nw its 47k.

OP
S

silverdigital

Broken In
i will buy in beginning of summers, so lets c what happens till then.

just for knowledge, is there some new tech expected to hit markets in summers, or the things will remain same??

how is the build quality of dell keyboard compared to sony.

Sking

real steel
intel ivybridge is comin in march,lets c at what price every brand gives it. dell i7 price will drop n i5 will lose value.dell has already hiked every laptop by 3k.

guys plz upload the link to download this awsm wallpaper in video YouTube - DELL Inspiron N5110 Review (Core i7 2630QM, 8GB RAM, 640GB HHD, GT 525M)

OP
S

silverdigital

Broken In
ivy bridge is announced for april 2012 that too the high end models of it(2760 types).
the lower end like 2670 types are TBA so i think that prices will drop after summers only.
(but i m hoping it does by start of May)

sarthak

In the zone
If 1080p is a must, go for cb35. For performance hp 6165x. XPS for the awesome JBL speakers. But seeing the price difference I'd say go for vaio or hp.

If you want a cheap laptop ASUS K53SV is your best option....check out both i5(38k) and i7(45k) versions...they are way cheaper than similarly specced dell inspiron and xps....if u want FHD go for ASUS N55SF.....

Top Bottom