i5 configuration request for Rs 30k for gaming etc.

maxtor

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A: Browsing the internet with probable downloads of movies and games, gaming with games like Crysis, Half Life and the latest games without really using maximum specs just casual gaming, watching HD movies and casual listening to music.

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A: Yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A: Rs 30k stretchable by a few Ks

4. Planning to overclock?
A: Not initially maybe later yes.

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A: Win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A: Max possible for using the system well

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A: Size of the screen should be 20 or 22 in. and max resolution

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A: 6

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A: By an assembler

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A: In a week.

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: Yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: Don't have any components though may mention that I already have 5.1 speakers for the games and music.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: New Delhi, guess everything is available in NP.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: Prefer an Intel configuration preferably i5 if possible unless AMD's price justifies its performance.

I may move the system around the house time and again and may need wifi. Like to keep the option of playing Blu-ray open for now.

Last but not the least if SandyBridge is round the corner say a few weeks is it worth waiting?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
AMD Athlon II x4 640 @ 4.5k
Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H @ 4.5k
Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
Corsair 2x2GB 1333MHz @ 2.3k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
MSI HD6850 @ 10.5k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
FSP SAGA II 500W @ 2k
Total 34.3k

You can go for a 20" if you want but you'll lose FullHD res.

saswat23

Human Spambot
But any intel sandybridge for the same price. If possible then without a GPU for will also do coz he can get a GPU later but not the CPU.

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
Intel i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Intel DH67BL B3 @ 6k
Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
Total 33.3k

This will only allow him to play low settings. :?
But yeah much better if he adds a 6950/560 after a month or two.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
^^gamma is much better. it has little cable management compared to none of 310. gamma has better ventilation, bottom mounted psu and better quality.

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
Thanks for the nice replies. I was actually looking for a mainly Intel config preferably i5. Can someone help me please since I am buying the stuff in the week ahead.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the nice replies. I was actually looking for a mainly Intel config preferably i5. Can someone help me please since I am buying the stuff in the week ahead.
Increase your budget by 10k.

Gaming performance is a blend of processor and graphic card. You can get an i5 config in your budget but without discrete graphics.

Go with this and add graphic card later.

Intel i5 2400 @ 9.5k
Intel DH67BL B3 @ 6k
Seagate 500GB @ 1.7k
Benq G2220HD @ 7.3k
CM Elite 310 @ 1.5k
Corsair VX450W @ 3.5k
Total 33.3k

This will only allow him to play low settings. :?
But yeah much better if he adds a 6950/560 after a month or two.

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
Hey I have sanction for stretching my budget to 40k as of today! Let me know a good Graphics card. Also is Sandybridge out does anyone know or is it round the corner? Should I wait - just for my Sandybridge?!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey I have sanction for stretching my budget to 40k as of today! Let me know a good Graphics card. Also is Sandybridge out does anyone know or is it round the corner? Should I wait - just for my Sandybridge?!
Sandy Bridge is already out and available. :)

OP
M

maxtor

Journeyman
That's really great! So will the config above change or need to be tweaked? Also which Sandybridge if there are many types of them? I am more and more excited to be getting a config at this point in time with Sandybridge out :)

Thanks in advance and thanks many times for the configs also...

masterkd

Padawan
for graphics card get a 6850 with the above config
and get nzxt gamma instead of elite 310

Last edited:

d3p

PowerHouse
@Saswat23 : I think 6850 is what is suggested not 6950 !...
refer the below sites & let me know, what are the prices mentioned ?

1.MSI R6850 PM2D1GD5 Graphics Card

2. TheITWares - One Stop for all Gizmos!MSI R6850-PM2D1GD5/OC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

3. *www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=14549

Now 6850 is a ideal deal for this setup. 1+ to Ishu.

Top Bottom