I think 'reincarnation' is a possibility.

Neuron

Electronic.
I've been having this thought for week or so.Since i don't have much to do in these holidays i thought of sharing my thoughts with you people.

The reason i say so is very simple.Well before our birth we all were nonexistent and we had no consciousness.But suddenly one day we came into being out of nowhere.Thus we came into existence from an nonexistent state.
Now,think what will happen after our death.It's the same old nonexistent state in which we were in before taking birth.Hence the state before and after death are exactly the same,the very state from which we become alive.So well,there is a big chance for us(not just humans,every life from out there which has consciousness) to be born again.

PS:We really need a philosophy section. :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
Rebirth :D

Y should I care?? I would not be getting any benefit from the past...what if I may be adolf hitler...what difference does it make anyways:)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I usually dont believe in this but you need to check my case. I was born after my grand father died ( about 1-2 yr gap). I have seen his photo and many of his facial features matches with mine. my mom says that my body structure is also same, like broad shoulders, lean hands etc. my mom says even my behavior is also same. in my case I would say its the genes and nothing more than that.

I will reply in another 40 years to verify if my then 60 year old face matches his :p

Sarath

iDota
2 possibilities:

After life exists and after life doesn't exist.

1 observation:

You are wasting precious "alive" time in thinking about "after life" which either is bound to happen whether you think about it or not (in case it's true), even worse if it doesn't happen because then you are thinking about something that would have never happened.

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Buddy do u have girlfriend? If not make one .
I've been having this thought for week or so.Since i don't have much to do in these holidays i thought of sharing my thoughts with you people.

The reason i say so is very simple.Well before our birth we all were nonexistent and we had no consciousness.But suddenly one day we came into being out of nowhere.Thus we came into existence from an nonexistent state.
Now,think what will happen after our death.It's the same old nonexistent state in which we were in before taking birth.Hence the state before and after death are exactly the same,the very state from which we become alive.So well,there is a big chance for us(not just humans,every life from out there which has consciousness) to be born again.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
Why to waste the present time thinking of the past time? If reincarnation is a possibility, then what does it make it so much difference? I don't think it will create that much difference.
BTW If I don't remember what had happened in the last month /last year, how can I remember what had happened before this life?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Not at all. If you know basic biology, birth is not from nowhere but from pre-exisiting life.

Now,think what will happen after our death.It's the same old nonexistent state in which we were in before taking birth.
Your body stops functioning and you brain stops processing information. So there is no more existence of the person since the brain is gone. Brain = YOU.

Hence the state before and after death are exactly the same,the very state from which we become alive.So well,there is a big chance for us(not just humans,every life from out there which has consciousness) to be born again.
And how that state is transferred? There's no transfer of memories for a start. So that's a non-starter.

Fight club.

I usually dont believe in this but you need to check my case. I was born after my grand father died ( about 1-2 yr gap). I have seen his photo and many of his facial features matches with mine. my mom says that my body structure is also same, like broad shoulders, lean hands etc. my mom says even my behavior is also same. in my case I would say its the genes and nothing more than that.

I will reply in another 40 years to verify if my then 60 year old face matches his :p

Genetics.

OP
Neuron

Neuron

Electronic.
Not at all. If you know basic biology, birth is not from nowhere but from pre-exisiting life.

Your body stops functioning and you brain stops processing information. So there is no more existence of the person since the brain is gone. Brain = YOU.

And how that state is transferred? There's no transfer of memories for a start. So that's a non-starter.

You don't understand.I am talking about the 2 states of being,'conscious' and 'unconscious'.After death or before birth consciousness is absent.Of course,birth has to be from a parent and their have to be brain to feel selfhood.But consciousness wasn't there once.Now after birth,all of a sudden you have a selfhood.So my question is, won't i become conscious through/'beacuse of' some other brain, even after my death?.

Sarath

iDota
Did you ever kill a cockroach? Did it's soul come to haunt you till eternity?

If answer is not to the latter then...there is no after life.

OP
Neuron

Neuron

Electronic.
I am not talking about souls,i'm not talking about hauntings.I am talking about the possibility of being conscious again.Maybe the term reincarnation is misleading.As you can see i am not speaking of it in the usual sense.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
"I think 'reincarnation' is a possibility. "

Of course it is. Look at me. I am one prime example!

Top Bottom