I Need to buy a PSU, Help

razorsk100

Broken In
I bought a sapphire HD 5770 recently. I need a good psu before i start using my gpu as i have a generic 500W psu running on my computer. My budget is 2.5 to 3k
Computer specs:
Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 quad core 2.3GHz
Motherboard: Asus M2N CM DVI
RAM:Transcend 4GB ram
Power Supply: Zebronics 500W

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Another vote up for Corsair CX430V2.
You won't have any other option in 2.5-3K range.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ For HD5770, CX430V2 will be enough.
That PSU which is suggested in 80+ certified & is a very good choice. So you shouldn't worry about that.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Price at local market:
VS450 @2K
CX430V2 @2.3K

I think we should wait for OP's nest post before suggesting anything more. ;)

OP
R

razorsk100

Broken In
Hi guys, I bought the suggested CX430v2 last week
But ran into some issues immediately.
I plugged in all the connectors my mobo, HDD, GPU but when i start the computer there is no display, the monitor doesn't computer out of standby mode.
Although i can the GPU, CPU, HDD running.
So I connected the monitor to the on board VGA connector, the computer runs fine.
I again tried to connect the monitor through the gpu, it did get to windows but after a long time {3-4 mins).
But when i restarted the computer,it dint boot.
What do you guys suggest.
Also how do i disable the on board gpu.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
1. Reset BIOS.
. Make sure you plug in PCI-E cable in the graphics card (if it have any)

OP
R

razorsk100

Broken In
hi i reseated gpu and cmos battery. When i started the computer it gave three options, to recover bios setting/to change bios settings/continue with default settings.
I choose the last one, right after the windows welcome screen the computer froze and restarted, keyboard lights flashed after some time i could hear the windows welcome tune but the monitor was still under standby. Before all this i had reinstalled the drivers for the gpu while running on the onboard graphics. Could it be a drivers issue?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
It could either be GPU or motherboard issue. Try to send the GPU for RMA at first, and then see the result. If the problem remains as it is, then only send the motherboard for RMA.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I suspect this as a gfx card isse .. the mobo is working fine as Op can run with mobo IGP withut any issue but to be sure he can test the gfx card and psu on a friend's pc anyway.

OP
R

razorsk100

Broken In
hi guys, yesterday when i was checking the settings in bios, the screen froze. that means it has to be the gpu.
any idea where to get the RMA done in bangalore.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aditya Infotech Ltd
Office Address
#7 (Old No. 136/7), 2nd Cross,
Elephant Rock Road/Diagonal Road,
Next to Public Library,
Near South End Circle3rd Block,
Jayanagara,Bangalore - 560011.

Ph. Number/s
080 - 41654876 / 26653699 / 26652255

OP
R

razorsk100

Broken In
hey guys i gave the gpu for service, seems the gpu was faulty. They offered me to give a new hd6770 2gb ddr3 instead of my hd5770 1gb ddr5...
what do i do? need some quick replies please

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Don't accept it.
Demand Sapphire HD6770 1GB DDR5 edition.
2GBDDR3 edition is inferior than 1GB DDR5 edition.

Top Bottom