i m intrested in sify braodband...shuld i go 4 it????

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
D

dinesh_singh

:(( sify sucks here people are complaining...
such a good sity and no good quality broadband service....:((
reliance dialup is the best.

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
People are complaining because Sify has applied download limits even on unlimited accounts.But u can take night accounts for downloading.

And also it depends on how good your cable bhayya maintains the network.

But saying Reliance is better than Sify is craap.
U will enjoy better speeds on Sify than on Reliance.
On Reliance u will get speeds of 10-12Kb/s on 256 kbps connection its really horrible.Even on Sify 48kbps pack u will get 12-13KB/s downalod speed.

Delpiero

Journeyman
Mahesh Babu said:
People are complaining because Sify has applied download limits even on unlimited accounts.But u can take night accounts for downloading.

And also it depends on how good your cable bhayya maintains the network.

But saying Reliance is better than Sify is craap.
U will enjoy better speeds on Sify than on Reliance.
On Reliance u will get speeds of 10-12Kb/s on 256 kbps connection its really horrible.Even on Sify 48kbps pack u will get 12-13KB/s downalod speed.
That's true. Sify does give 11-12 kbps on just a 48kbps connection. Sify is just great IMO. I don't have any problems with it. And i recommend it to everyone. :eek:

armourlength

Right off the assembly line
My Goodness!
U people r in which part of India????
I use a BSNL Dataone 256Kbps connection & it gives me upto 29KBps download speeds & 1GB DU/UL limit per month. All costin just 500/- a month? I voraciously do surfing & downloading still I have used only 50% of my limit!!
No ISP can beat that coupled with good service.
I used Sify dial up for 3 yrs. They start cheating u after u renew ur connection once.
All that 48kbps is nonsense.
I get at times 48KBPS download speeds.
U got an answer for that, let me hear it.

Sorry if am sounding rude. But I just don't get the idea of being misled with measly surfing speeds.
The private Broadband ISPs & cablewallahs aren't even present in my area of all places in Ahmedabad.

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Dude I can finish off 1GB in 1 day on 256kbps connection.I don't think u downlaod much like movies,songs,games,etc..etc..so u are satisfied with that tariff.But for hardcore internet downloaders it is nothing but BULLS#HIT.If they continue the 1GB limit after 30 June then all will say BSNL is BULLS#HIT.And there is no unlimited option in BSNL.

And u are saying that u can sometimes reach 48KB/s download speed.
Ha ha i can reach 200KB/s sometimes on Sify.
Check this screenshot
Edit[Nemesis]:Image removed because of link to possibly illegal Cricket 2004 download
and by the way sify also provides 256kbps 1GB limit package for Rs 550.

armourlength

Then go for higher rates

Babu,
I am a normal user, but 1st pl check up BSNL and go for the better plans which might suit u.
What the hell will u download worth 1 GB??????

Charley

Just Do It
Delpiero said:
That's true. Sify does give 11-12 kbps on just a 48kbps connection. Sify is just great IMO. I don't have any problems with it. And i recommend it to everyone. :eek:

Are the Newdelhi sify users going bonkers??? :shock: :shock:

WTF, how do u get a speed of 11kpbs/12kpbs on a 48kpbs connection. that comes between 88&96 "KPbs". U have a 48KPbs connection and u get 88/96 KPbs ?

It will never happen..

Ringwraith

Journeyman
Re: Then go for higher rates

armourlength said:
Babu,
I am a normal user, but 1st pl check up BSNL and go for the better plans which might suit u.
What the hell will u download worth 1 GB??????

N00b :D ........... he finds 1 GB too much :!: :p .........1 GB isnt even 1 movie....when u can dld so many in a month!

ujjwal

Padawan
achako@dataone.in - actually it does happen, all unlimited plansm from 48kbps to 96kbps get the same speed of 11-12kBps, for the past 3-4 months.

Sify is quite good in terms of speeds, but it creates new lows in other things, for example there is a daily limit of 150MB on all "unlimited connections", pings are blocked, and many non-mainstream applications like torrents, p2p clients, irc are blocked.

If you want to just browse web pages and access chat rooms, sify is actually quite good. But for downloaders, irc users, newsgroup users, or any other type of user classified by them as "abnormal", sify is just terrible.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I have 128kbps unlimited sify connection.

I know that there is a 150 MB limit on download per day. but i want to know that is it true that you can download unlimited between 10PM to 8AM???

Charley

Just Do It
Mahesh Babu said:
Dude I can finish off 1GB in 1 day on 256kbps connection.I don't think u downlaod much like movies,songs,games,etc..etc..so u are satisfied with that tariff.But for hardcore internet downloaders it is nothing but BULLS#HIT.If they continue the 1GB limit after 30 June then all will say BSNL is BULLS#HIT.And there is no unlimited option in BSNL.

Who said so ?? I'd d/l and u/l 1GB within 7 hours many times in a day. They were all kinds of mp3's, movies, games, music albums, softwares, etc .. :D

Poor me now I have to sit and count the number of data transf each day. :cry:

syedaijaz143

Hi

U can try for BSNL connection too. They are providing 256 kbps for 500 per month. I don't know the details about it much. But my cousin who is using it said that

No Download Limit
Quick Downloads or High speed Download
At Rs 500 per month

You would be needing a Bsnl phone connection for it too. Get the details with them

Aijaz

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Jags said:
the reliablity of sify's internet depends alot upon their last mile i.e. ur local sify service provider (usually cable operator).

sify's internet is divided into two parts:-

1) local gateway (this is maintained by ur local sify service provider)
2) SAM server (maintained by sify)

u will rarely have any problem with the SAM server
(once in a month...max)

but if ur cable operator is an a**hole then no one can help u.

i know this because my cable operator is one.

I have a 12 hr/day connection (9am - 9pm)...but my net breaks down atleast 2 hrs every day.

when i talked to my cable operator he says that he can't do anything as there is no staff during night.

so before going for sify's connection make sure that ur cable operator have a staff that works during night.

and one more thing... the price mentioned on sify's site does not include ur cable operator's maintainence charge...they cud charge anywhere b/w 50-300 RS.

Suppose u r going for 128 night plan..then u will have to pay Rs 400 + maintainence charge.

to know more about sify's internet visit:-
Code:
*forum.seo4india.com/

Mine is too... an a**H***

And Sify is not gonna be much help if u are using linux

Charley

Just Do It
syedaijaz143 said:
No Download Limit
Quick Downloads or High speed Download
At Rs 500 per month

You would be needing a Bsnl phone connection for it too. Get the details with them

Fun is over today, tommorow 1GB limit comes into play. :cry:

Yes it is fast . And one requires a phone to get connected.

Any1 wants info on this connection please review the existing posts in the search option before u think of posting 1. :)

mamba

In the zone
Shikhar said:
I have 128kbps unlimited sify connection.

I know that there is a 150 MB limit on download per day. but i want to know that is it true that you can download unlimited between 10PM to 8AM???

have been doing so since i switched over frm my 256 night 2 128 unlimited

in these 10 hrs , i d/l bout 500mb

if the 150 mb limit would have been applicable , would have had 2 renew my connection a gud 6 back :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom