i m intrested in sify braodband...shuld i go 4 it????

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dinesh_singh

i m currently having a reliance dial up conn. at 115 kbps and it costs me 1500+10%tax monthly.i m a downloading freak and get a downloading speed of about 7-10 kbps regularly...and i need more.
in my city only sify is availabe except for bsnl dataone who has data limitations on every plan.and i hate listning data limitations.
so i wont never go for ant data limiting plan.
so my choise is only for sify.
the problem is.....can any body tell me what the speed he gets in the plan he is using....
or tell me the downloading speed in 64 kbps ,128 kbps and 256 kbps plan.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1st off all the biggest question is how much u r willing to pay...

& then try this bellow points....

i m a downloading freak

for that u have to look for a unlimited plan... which will not have any data limit...

064 KbpS means downloading of 5-6 KBPS
128 KBPS Means downloading of 9-10 KBPS
256 KBPS Means downloading of 15-20 KBPS

this all depends on the trafic... but the useual way is to count 1/10 of the browsing speed....

so if u can aford u can even have 2GBPS Bharti connection....

sahil_blues

In the zone
@dinesh Iam using the Sify Night Unlimited 128KBPS Plan (9 pm-9am)....mind you this is the shared bandwidth....download speeds are around 12-14 (on avg).....this is a really cheap plan....only Rs 400.....you can go for Night Unlimited 256 KBPS plan which costs around Rs 650....I would suggest you to take any of the Night Plans along with a Limited 300 MB Download @ 256KBPS plan(which costs about Rs 300-Rs400)....this combo will enable you surf during daytime and download as much as you want during the night time....

Mahesh Babu

Journeyman
Sify is really good now except the 150MB/day download limit.

Go for 48kbps unlimited connection for Rs450/- and u will get download speeds of 12-13KB/s equalent to 128kbps connection.
All the users of 48kbps plan are getting these speeds believe me.

But if u overcome the laxmanrekha i.e. 150MB/day (4.5GB/month) one day of your validity will be removed.

But downloads in the night time wont be counted.(10PM-8AM).So u can download 150MB from 8AM - 10PM and unlimited from 10PM-8AM.

Overall its good.

Jags

Journeyman
sahil_blues said:
@dinesh Iam using the Sify Night Unlimited 128KBPS Plan (9 pm-9am)....mind you this is the shared bandwidth....download speeds are around 12-14 (on avg)

*smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/astonished.gif dude... get ur facts right.
Sify Night Unlimited 128kbps Plan is not shared...its the 256kbps which is shared.
If u don't believe my words check this pic taken from sify's renewals-plan page

*img116.echo.cx/img116/3841/sify6ws.jpg

for the "1 mth NIGHT UNLIMITED 128 kbps" plan "service speed" is given as 128kbps (and nothin else)...while in the "NightUnlimited" plan ""service speed" is given as UPTO 256kbps... and i think we all know what upto means.

I also have a 128kbps plan...and in my plan description it just says 128kbps...if it had been a shared one they wud have mentioned it in the description itself.

I know this because i earlier had a 64kbps shared plan.

this is what my plan descr currently says:-

*img94.echo.cx/img94/1256/sifyplan6rd.jpg

OP
D

dinesh_singh

THE POINT IS I KNO THE PRICE OF PACKAGE.
I NEED ATLEAST 25KBPS ALL THE TIME AND I HAVE TO STICK WITH SIFY COZ THIS IS THE ONLY OPTION FOR ME.

Jags

Journeyman
the reliablity of sify's internet depends alot upon their last mile i.e. ur local sify service provider (usually cable operator).

sify's internet is divided into two parts:-

1) local gateway (this is maintained by ur local sify service provider)
2) SAM server (maintained by sify)

u will rarely have any problem with the SAM server
(once in a month...max)

but if ur cable operator is an a**hole then no one can help u.

i know this because my cable operator is one.

I have a 12 hr/day connection (9am - 9pm)...but my net breaks down atleast 2 hrs every day.

when i talked to my cable operator he says that he can't do anything as there is no staff during night.

so before going for sify's connection make sure that ur cable operator have a staff that works during night.

and one more thing... the price mentioned on sify's site does not include ur cable operator's maintainence charge...they cud charge anywhere b/w 50-300 RS.

Suppose u r going for 128 night plan..then u will have to pay Rs 400 + maintainence charge.

to know more about sify's internet visit:-
Code:
*forum.seo4india.com/

ujjwal

Padawan
Better stay away from sify ... they are totally unreliable, and most of the package names are misleading. Unlimited connections have a limit of 150MB/day, and really you are at the merci of your local cable operator.

Just check this link *forum.seo4india.com/index.php?s=332a4409e7f36162c9bb44a5861205bb&showforum=21

expertno.1

Technomancer
Can u all believe this---

I get the speed of 6 KB/s on 14.4 k connetion at night (using DAP)

and 3-4 KB/s in daytime (using Dap)

and 2-3 KB/s in daytime without and downlaod acclerator

arcticflare

Journeyman
48Kbps pm @ rs450 is good package and speeds are hovering btw 10-12KBPS most of the time. Reliability doesnt seem to be an issue for me tho

OP
D

dinesh_singh

in my city this 48 kbps plan doesnt available.
and i visited a few frnds of mine using sify.
they are in a hell....
and i wont get a sify....in my life
pertilarly in my city chandigarh....sify sucks and i m waiting for better plans form bsnl and reliance to come wich will be in july i think.till then i m sticking to reliance.....atleast i never get a problem and never get speed below 9 kbps
thank u guys...
u helped a lot
thanx a lot for ur help

ujjwal

Padawan
Sify in Chandigarh sucks a bit "extra" I hear ;)

Someone I know shifted to delhi to get away from sify there ...

mamba

In the zone
dunno bout the situation up there in chandigarh , but m totaly satisfied with sify .

1st i had the 256 kbps night 1 , which gave me 30 - 31 kbps 4 the 10 hrs . i usually downloaded bout 1 GB per night

now due 2 my req , have taken the 128kbps n download with it the whole night , bout 500 MB per night . n surf n download a bit during the day

no probs 4 me d00d :D

Charley

Just Do It
I had Sify in my mind before Dataone came by.. What more many of the Sify users say that the connection is not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom