I hate the Olympics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh the guy doesn't speak the speak out loud. You think those guys are not smart about these sting operations? Anyway, this was like two years ago. Now everyone's got jobs to attend to so its all bye bye kansas.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
IMHO along with writing a blog post you might as well try to get your article published somewhere, it won't help much but well at least a few more people will say "Oh that's sad" and then switch to their favorite cricket news. :-\

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
Yes, I hate it from the from the bottom of my heart. Every 4 years, when the olympics comes around, i dread being an Indian. I dread the pitiful eyes that look upon us a retard or the physically challenged. I hate it when I se a 669 strong Chinese contingent coming out followed by a 56 member Indian Contingent. I hate to relalize that out of the 56, a silver medal is all we can really expect. I hate the Olympics, I hate it.

With a population of more than a billion, with more than 10 million cellphone subscibers, with more than 40 million below poverty line, and a government, 99% of whom are worse than criminals we cant win a medal.

But guess what, we play cricket.And we are so very happy. You know, we are among the top 5 teams in cricket. Only catch is that only 10 nations play it seriously.We are world number one in kabaddi, bad that only a few nations know what kabaddi really is..

We were world champions in Hockey, but more nations started playing it.Now we dont get a berth in the Olympics.

When a sportsperson wins a medal in a world tournament, he/she gets a small space in the last page of the sports section, marred by 10 expert comments by our great cricketers.

Tell me, what has Sachin Tendulkar or KapiL dev given us in the world stage.The fact that India won the cricket world cup in 1983 is known by say, about 20-30 nations world wide. But, take a peek outside India, Gagan Narang, who was thw world Number 1 in shooting in 2006 is probably more famous than Kapil Dev and has made India more proud. When Anju Bobby Goerge when the Bronze medal in the World Athletics meet, there was a few shouts on India's athletic prowess. But, no can do, you cant teach a cat to tap dance. So happened with India, with a failure, Anju bobby Goerge was forgotten and given over.

This is the sorry state Indian Sports is in, and we need to take an initiative. Because, if you dont now, you will never.

I am starting a blog on Indian Sports soon.Suppost me if you can, ignore if you cant. I dont expect anything from Indians either.

You are very very right. Other sports in India are just waste of valuable air time for news channels and headache for the officials. There is no money and recognition. You are criticized for not playing well but not appreciated for playing good. Why cricketers get so much money for their useless performance. Every other sport-person is angry with cricket domination in India. Our govt. also loves cricket because it gives them the political edge. Why should one play those useless games other than cricket. There is no infrastructure for other games. Nobody touches cricket grounds for any event but many events are organised on other playing grounds and stadiums. Our brains are totally washed by news channels, big sponsers and also govt. to eat, drink and sleep only cricket. And we always only hope to get a gold medal in the next olympics and I think that day will not come soon. :(

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Sorry,coudnt post here coz my net was down whole day.

Yea, the only hope I can see now of amedal hope is Saina Nehwal and Vijendr Singh. The others have screwed it up bigtime.

Now, look closely at the monica Devi case. Shes from manipur.Was a victim of cheap politics played byt SAI and was then cleared by the IOC. She missed her chance to be an Olympian, a dream she wanted to share with 10,500 more athlees.She ma also have been a great medal ope.But thanks to Mr Kalmadi, she lost it. This is what happens in india. If you are not relative or a friend of a big shot, you dont get a chance to compete.Mediocres take your place and you mingle with the rest.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
even Mahesh Bhupathi and Leander Paes had issues for playing together.. their emotions are much more important to them then country's pride..hey dreamcatcher why don't you put a poll with ur thread that reads.. how many medals do you think India can win this time?

chicha

High without substance...
all the attention goes to few games in india and no doubt cricket in the top of the list and i cant think of any thing else.
we waste too much of our resources on these few idiots. the reason we are not able to perform at olympics is not because we are few there its just because there is not enough motivation, if we could at least spend some money to get these ppl better equipment and some nice money they will perform better. but then again the rest is totally depends on the player his determination and his concentration.
there are far pooper countries which participate in few numbers and take few gold with them....

we are good at one thing and that is to blame some one or the other.

i used to blame the media for all the sh!t they show, but now i think they show because there are ppl who watch those. as long as there is demand for channels like these, they will exist.

Rahim

Married!
Deep in our heart we are all hypocrites!!!!
Remember when hockey league were lauched with great fanfare and ESPN-Star Sports beamed those matches, by all logic it would popularise hockey once again. But it didnt.
20-20 is for Money makers and sattaabaaz.

The officials in our administration all have big egos (donkeys like Gill & Kalmadi & Das Munshi) have been presidents of thier respective sports for so long without any accountability.
Charlesworth proposed the idea of bringing private companies in hockey administration as it would professionalize the sports but the govt and kalmadi were against it. I dont know why?

People love variety. Just imagine my mom making the saming food everyday and i am so content of eating it. Does this make any sense??

red_devil

Back!
/- OFF the Olympics debate -\

Indian Shooter Abhinav Bindra just won a gold medal !!

u guys should be happy about it and obviously feel proud.

chicha

High without substance...
lets see what kind of welcome these ppl are given and what insentives these playesrs are given from our government.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yea, hopefully the sports authority of India will rise up from their slumber and bring these guys in the fray.Even Saina Nehwal progressed into semis beating the 4th seed. Gread day for Indian Sports. Gagan Narang failed though.

Rahim

Married!
lets see what kind of welcome these ppl are given and what insentives these playesrs are given from our government.
Punjab Govt has already dec;ared Rs 1 Crore booty for him along with some others like BCCi :shock: declaring Rs 25 lakhkoo for him. Dont forget Bihar ,MP and Maharashtra Govt chippinf in with rewards and News Channells are showing the same news all damn dayyyyyy with sports personnel giving theier expertooo opinions :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom