I hate the Olympics!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Yes, I hate it from the from the bottom of my heart. Every 4 years, when the olympics comes around, i dread being an Indian. I dread the pitiful eyes that look upon us a retard or the physically challenged. I hate it when I se a 669 strong Chinese contingent coming out followed by a 56 member Indian Contingent. I hate to relalize that out of the 56, a silver medal is all we can really expect. I hate the Olympics, I hate it.

With a population of more than a billion, with more than 10 million cellphone subscibers, with more than 40 million below poverty line, and a government, 99% of whom are worse than criminals we cant win a medal.

But guess what, we play cricket.And we are so very happy. You know, we are among the top 5 teams in cricket. Only catch is that only 10 nations play it seriously.We are world number one in kabaddi, bad that only a few nations know what kabaddi really is..

We were world champions in Hockey, but more nations started playing it.Now we dont get a berth in the Olympics.

When a sportsperson wins a medal in a world tournament, he/she gets a small space in the last page of the sports section, marred by 10 expert comments by our great cricketers.

Tell me, what has Sachin Tendulkar or KapiL dev given us in the world stage.The fact that India won the cricket world cup in 1983 is known by say, about 20-30 nations world wide. But, take a peek outside India, Gagan Narang, who was thw world Number 1 in shooting in 2006 is probably more famous than Kapil Dev and has made India more proud. When Anju Bobby Goerge when the Bronze medal in the World Athletics meet, there was a few shouts on India's athletic prowess. But, no can do, you cant teach a cat to tap dance. So happened with India, with a failure, Anju bobby Goerge was forgotten and given over.

This is the sorry state Indian Sports is in, and we need to take an initiative. Because, if you dont now, you will never.

I am starting a blog on Indian Sports soon.Suppost me if you can, ignore if you cant. I dont expect anything from Indians either.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Are you trying to do Olympic sports vs cricket post?

If you are starting a blog and are serious about doing anything (which I don't see a blog doing) don't start with criticizing something else, criticizing something successful has become cliched and trust me you will be embroiled in cricket vs other sports rather than trying to tell people something everyone already knows.

The fact that cricket is where it is, is not anyone but other sport players' fault. Stop blaming and criticizing the people who are successful, it makes you look jealous of their success.

blah blah blah...

we have talent at the galli muhalla level, but we have sh!theads at the administration level.
rest of the story figure out yourself.

and whining does not make a country prosper.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Yes, I hate it from the from the bottom of my heart. Every 4 years, when the olympics comes around, i dread being an Indian. I dread the pitiful eyes that look upon us a retard or the physically challenged. I hate it when I se a 669 strong Chinese contingent coming out followed by a 56 member Indian Contingent. I hate to relalize that out of the 56, a silver medal is all we can really expect. I hate the Olympics, I hate it.

With a population of more than a billion, with more than 10 million cellphone subscibers, with more than 40 million below poverty line, and a government, 99% of whom are worse than criminals we cant win a medal.

But guess what, we play cricket.And we are so very happy. You know, we are among the top 5 teams in cricket. Only catch is that only 10 nations play it seriously.We are world number one in kabaddi, bad that only a few nations know what kabaddi really is..

We were world champions in Hockey, but more nations started playing it.Now we dont get a berth in the Olympics.

When a sportsperson wins a medal in a world tournament, he/she gets a small space in the last page of the sports section, marred by 10 expert comments by our great cricketers.

Tell me, what has Sachin Tendulkar or KapiL dev given us in the world stage.The fact that India won the cricket world cup in 1983 is known by say, about 20-30 nations world wide. But, take a peek outside India, Gagan Narang, who was thw world Number 1 in shooting in 2006 is probably more famous than Kapil Dev and has made India more proud. When Anju Bobby Goerge when the Bronze medal in the World Athletics meet, there was a few shouts on India's athletic prowess. But, no can do, you cant teach a cat to tap dance. So happened with India, with a failure, Anju bobby Goerge was forgotten and given over.

This is the sorry state Indian Sports is in, and we need to take an initiative. Because, if you dont now, you will never.

I am starting a blog on Indian Sports soon.Suppost me if you can, ignore if you cant. I dont expect anything from Indians either.

me so don't likes the cricket *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/88.png

Total time waste for me. Its like WWF now.

Go get some work or pursue your hobby instead of raising money for black hats.

You know its sh!te when you have some old suits at authority. Viva La Revolucion (but seriously who care unless its raining on you)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I HATE CRICKET ........it sux . thats all i can say...

WRC, F1, MotoGP, WCG:D:D and Football rulez .... Basket Ball ..... cricket sux and so doez Indian players :|

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
yeah.. cricket sux.. Indians are so crazy about cricket that they forget about other games.. a major hand of over-publicity of cricket goes to media also.. look at that d!ck heads at Aaj Tak.. all they show is either cricket or some crazy bollywood stuff.. and btw today is "Quit India Movement Day".. any channel showing it.. none.. aajtak is messing with "bhai ho to sallu jaisa".. man these Hindi news channels suck too

NDTV 24x7 is the best among them.. it emphasizes on other sports too..

And today i was watching a show on Discovery Channel about how the players are trained in UK, US, China and Russia.. they even measure the Lactic Acid level in their athletes.. and in India.. weightlifters etc paid for Visa from their own pockets

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The fact that cricket is where it is, is not anyone but other sport players' fault. Stop blaming and criticizing the people who are successful, it makes you look jealous of their success.

Yea, it is the sportperson's fault.Sorry to bother you. The Indian Sports Federation does not have money. Half the people are corrupt, the media understands only cricket. And it is the sportperson's fault. Gagan Narang was Wold no 1 in shooting a year back.How many of you know that?? Yea, it is Gagan's fault.He should have called people up and told them about his achievement. A few days back in the Vijender Singh beat the reigning Olympic champ.How many of you know that??

The media does its best o supress the achievements of rookie sportsmen in India, but suddenly, when they fail to deliver they catch on them. These people di not give a damn to what these guys did in the world preceding the olympics, but suddenly, a pair of mismatched clothes became a National Issue.Be Proud you a******** that these players, after going through many hardships have reached this far. Some of them did not have equipment nor food to eat. They travelled days in buses to reach a different part of the country. The Commonwealth Games in Delhi, preps havent even started. The Bird's Nest stadium in China was built in 4 years with more than 70000 workers at work. The building was completed way before schedule.After which the participants practiced there for months.Try and compare.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
The fault of the players is their consistency. Once in a blue moon do they ever do anything worthwhile and after that fall like a pack of cards, what happened to all the ace shooters today morning?

Which media suppressed Rathore's silver 4 years ago. He was an over-night celeb. So stop the cliched media bashing.

Media does not suppress anything, like the way to talk of it. They show what sells, they show what people want to see. Unfortunately circket has a bigger fan following because they have kept on winning.

Decide who you are against first. One time it is the media, then it is crickters, then it is the SAI.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The fault of the players is their consistency. Once in a blue moon do they ever do anything worthwhile and after that fall like a pack of cards, what happened to all the ace shooters today morning?

Which media suppressed Rathore's silver 4 years ago. He was an over-night celeb. So stop the cliched media bashing.

Media does not suppress anything, like the way to talk of it. They show what sells, they show what people want to see. Unfortunately circket has a bigger fan following because they have kept on winning.

Decide who you are against first. One time it is the media, then it is crickters, then it is the SAI.

these Indians are taught by indian coaches in India whom we have never heard of. These guys made it to the olympics after qualifying. That means they are one of the best shooters in thw world.Their competitors from China are provided with facilities beyond imagination.Training camps,world tour, tournaments and what not. And still these Indians beat most of them and came winners.

Consistency is not a god gifted thing. It comes from practice and from quality training. In India most of the shooting arenas remain closed or the coaches absent. So expecting an Olympic medal out of them is like expecting a choclate cake from a tea shop. First get your facts right and then criticize others. These players, if trained to world standards could beat any damn person in this world.

goobimama

 Macboy
True story. My friends wanted to organise a basketball tournament. Now the Sports Authority of Goa provides 2 lacs as funds for the tournament, and even the national authority provides for upto 2 lacs. But to get the sanction, one needs to get the approval of the director of sports (or something like that) in Goa.

The problem is that the guy refused to approve the tournament unless and until the guys promised to give him all of the government funding (as a bribe of course). This is the state of affairs in our country. And there's nothing you can do about it. Cause he can just say that he didn't see the tournament as anything viable to be associated with the government and be done with it.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
True story. My friends wanted to organise a basketball tournament. Now the Sports Authority of Goa provides 2 lacs as funds for the tournament, and even the national authority provides for upto 2 lacs. But to get the sanction, one needs to get the approval of the director of sports (or something like that) in Goa.

The problem is that the guy refused to approve the tournament unless and until the guys promised to give him all of the government funding (as a bribe of course). This is the state of affairs in our country. And there's nothing you can do about it. Cause he can just say that he didn't see the tournament as anything viable to be associated with the government and be done with it.

Report it to the media. Rise to the occasion. This is the way to do it.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^+123456789

goto Aaj Tak, atleast they will get something to show on TV rather then stretching one useless show for 2-3hrs. with one main line being spoken 123456789 times :|

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Indian bureaucracy sucks. Most of them are inept and morally corrupt.

int86

You'r Born Free
I exactly dont know what the Olympic sprit is, and neither know what other things can can be done with 43 billions dollar.
But on calculating what per head will recieve in a populas country like India if distributed to people equally, will result for a feast for everybody.
Ulternately this money could have been well used to get basic facilities for everyone like wate, eletricity etc.
Ya money is needed to play sports but so lavish that they make divide in societies around world. Ya the result is well know, Fear factor in so called anti-terrorist country,

Disclamer: I do not suppot killing people wheather they are innocent or not

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Is it? So what do you exactly do on your birthdays/weddings/anniversaries or any occasions in your house? I assume from the big words that you have used, that you have no celebrations of any sort and give away all your money that you would otherwise spend on the celebrations.

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
They spent 43 billion dollars. Any idea how much they got back through sponsors and ticket sales??? Well, i dunno, but surely more than 50 billion at the least. Then imagine the prestige in hosting an event as big as the olympics and the spirit.
Then the main factor. The Olympics in China gave work to more than 50 lakh workers.Now beat that. There was this story i read in moral science:

A beggar came begging to a man for fish.The man provided him with two pieces of fish and also gave him a fishing net.The guy never had to beg for money again.

Get my point?? ;)

OP
dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well, it has. It was meant for the other poster. The stadiums built will provide work to many.And if you can earn your own living, then why beg??

Last edited:

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@goobimama.. ask your friends to make the good use of their multimedia enabled phones the next time they approach to organize a tournament if the same person is their.. something kinda sting operation and send it to some news channel.. like one guy did his own sting in delhi to expose 94 policemen taking bribe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom