I expected more from people here at Digit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

juvenile_delinquent

Right off the assembly line
I posted this about a week ago.
Got no proper reply.
I think I expected too much from the people here.

I'll just try again...
Well, sometimes when my computer starts up, none of the programs work.
I can only open folders, but no files or programs.
Even the task manager doesn't show up with Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Even tried typing 'taskmgr' in Start > Run. But got nothing.
AND the computer doesn't even shut down.

When I try to open files or run programs or shut down, nothing happens. Nothing at all.
The only thing I can do it turn the power off and on again and hope it works.

At first I thought it happens because of not shutting down properly (power cuts). But then I noticed it happens even when I shut down properly.

I don't want to act like a patient diagnosing himself, but I think my processes don't start up properly.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PS: You know the 'Windows Updates' icon that appears in the system tray on start up? It doesn't show up sometimes. And I noticed that the programs work properly when 'Windows Updates' icon shows up. When it doesn't appear on start up, thats when the programs don't work.
The other icons (AVG, ATI Graphics Controller) always show up.
Don't know if that will help, but just thought you might want to know.

Have Windows XP installed, Pentium 4, 3.06GHz, 2GB RAM.

PPS: If you don't know whats wrong or how to solve it, could you at least suggest some site/forum that could?
Any help would be appreciated.

blondie

Broken In
you want help? are you mad? we used to be a tech forum., but that was like long long loooong time ago...

now we r a super chit-chat forum.. i can chit and u can chat if you want. just look at the intelligant threads in dat section by our high iQ super members. you r welcome to join there..

the cow says moo...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
if u have got bootable partition magic disc, insert and boot from it.
disable evry partition except c:
then format c:

after than install a copy on win XP/vista/win 7 fresh on c:
install all driver and stuffs
install KIS 2009 and activate the trial for 1 month and update

now put back the bootable partition magic disc and boot from it
eneble other partiotns and reboot to windows
dun open explorer or anythin, just launch KIS and do a full system scan at max protection level.
everythin will be clean

after the trial is over, either download new version from their site and activate another trial or get some other AV siut.

But for this purpose, nothin beats KIS.
i have removed many viruses and threats 100% in this manner from lots of systems. it works for sure.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
you want help? are you mad? we used to be a tech forum., but that was like long long loooong time ago...

now we r a super chit-chat forum.. i can chit and u can chat if you want. just look at the intelligant threads in dat section by our high iQ super members. you r welcome to join there..

the cow says moo...

haha...i totally agree with you on that. i used to be active on this forum about an year back, and then took a break. now, the forum is nothing like it used to be earlier

shaunak

Tux Fan
Hey we are not paid to do this you know. Have some patience friend.

Download a zero fill tool or low level formater from your HDD manufacturer, fromat the disk completely. Then reinstall the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom