I can has Nokia N79

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@gxsaurav

Hey dude, .. I am also thinking about buying these awesome cool speakers,
can you tell me how much these costs in india and where are these available!

btw . I was thinking about subscribing this just for the heck of X-Mini :p
*eshop.infomediaindia.com/productdetails.php?id=133

3rdly, what about that .. X-mini II that just came out, can they play stereo?

advise..

No, I was not able to find a proper version so I m using X-plore now.
ok .. try this out I think .. this should work fine in your phone..
FExplorer -> Download Link

but You have to do click here to sign the version or Alternatively can try this

Regards

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@gxsaurav

Hey dude, .. I am also thinking about buying these awesome cool speakers,
can you tell me how much these costs in india and where are these available!

They are available in Lucknow in Jumbo Electronics for Rs 2,500.

3rdly, what about that .. X-mini II that just came out, can they play stereo?

Don't know. ask here

I now use Y Explorer which is free and as good as X-Plore.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Which one is for 2500/- ? X-mini max or 2 of X-mini capsule
Secondly just give a try to FExplorer, dont know i just like it over other applications,
and

Here is one more goodie for you :)

*mtvoid.com/calcium/

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanks for Calcium. Nice Calculator. X-Mini Max Stereo Speakers cost Rs 2,500 here in Lucknow

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
It is not released yet

I bought a wooden stand for my Nokia N79 yesterday for Rs 100.

*i40.tinypic.com/30ljnlk.jpg

I can keep the phone like this with Bluetooth enabled & when a call comes I can use a bluetooth handsfree to answer. (This is important cos now in case of getting angry, I won't throw the phone in anger....just the bluetooth handsfree :D).

If a SMS comes then I can either see it on the PC Suite or make the phone read the SMS.

The charger & data cable connect to the side so no problem in charging either.

Speakers can connect to the 3.5 mm jack at the top while the phone is still on the Phone stand.

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I inquired about the cost of Sony Ericsson HBH DS200 bluetooth earphone. It costs Rs 3,200 in Sony World here & add to it the cost of a good quality ear phone such as EP-630 or MDR-EX32LP, the total cost comes to Rs 4,000 which I don't find justified.

I am going to use the existing SE HPM-75 with Nokia Wired handsfree. The only time I need such earphone is when I am driving at which I don't listen to music but still use it t talk if a call comes, or when I m sitting somewhere, like public transport etc.

So that leaves only 2 things for me to buy, the X-Mini Max Stereo Speakers & Nokia Travel charger. I am unable to find the Nokia Travel Charger in Lucknow, can someone find in there city & see if it is available.

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Guys, I am in a very confused position today. I got a Budget of Rs 4k with me which I want to spend on a Audio Equipment for my Nokia N79 but I am unable to decide what should I buy. I am not an audiophile & for me the sound quality of my Philips HiFi SHP8900 headphones & that of some Bose headphone is almost same. Help me decide...

1) I wanted to buy X-mini Max but I don't have much use of Speakers in Lucknow. I use headphones as my family yells at me if I play music at high volume. The X-Mini is portable so I can use it with my Nokia N79 but I won't need it in Lucknow cos i m never in such a situation to use speakers with N79.

2) I can buy normal PC speakers from Creative or Altec Lansing, but again...got no use of them. At least I can use X-mini when I m out of Lucknow, but then in that case I will need it after May only. Conventional speakers will be very big too. My current PC will stay in Lucknow now even after I leave so i can buy conventional speakers for my family to use but again, will need it after 3 months only at least.

3) I can buy Sony Ericsson HBH-DS220 Bluetooth stereo headphone but it costs Rs 3.2k. I listen to music when I m driving bike, traveling in train or Bus, or waiting for some one somewhere. However, bluetooth eats lots of Phone battery & I won't be able to control the music from the bluetooth handsfree. This I can overlook but since I m already using the bundled wired Nokia handsfree with SE HPM-75, I am unable to justify paying Rs 3.2k for it as I am not even an Audiophile.

4) I can buy Creative EP-630 or Sony earphones but then I will loose the handsfree functionality. I want something to do all. I don't want to use an earphone for listening to music & a bluetooth hands free for talking. I like one thing do everything. In this regard I would prefer to buy the bluetooth handsfree, but then again....unable to justify the high cost.

Help me decide. How much is the phone's battery life affected when using a stereo bluetooth earphone? This is the only thing I can see worth buying if I am able to make my mind.

If all else fails, then I m buying 1 or 2 Pair or Reebok or Nike shoes :p

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
have a look at these
*www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/ap-en/Headsets/Pages/JabraBT3030.aspx?productfamilytab=Overview
i saw them once at reliance digital, they look awesome

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Can you find out what is the cost of Jabra & where is it available? I looked at the official presentation at Jabra Website & this is one device on which I can gladly spend money.

I can connect my own earphones to Jabra so using a high quality EP-630 or Sony MDR-32LP is possible & the over all cable length will still be manageable. It gives 7 hrs of usage on a single charge & charges in 2 Hours over USB or AC adapter. I will be able to control the music from it & also use it as a handsfree for talking. The claimed range is 10 meter which we all know is never true in real life scenario but still its good because many times I like to talk to someone on the phone while doing something, so this will help in keeping my hands free.

Hmm...this seems like a justified buy & something I will actually be able to use everyday.

I want to ask those using Bluetooth Stereo headphones, how much is the battery life of the phone affected? If the battery is at 100% then with 4 hrs of Wireless Music, how much the battery life will be, any approximate? Considering the fact that I charge my phone when ever the battery indicator is at 2 lines, which is usually after 3 4 days of usage, it shouldn't be much of a problem. When traveling between cities in train, I can use the wired handsfree & save battery.

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i dont remember the price. i just saw it in reliance digital,ambience mall gurgaon maybe its still available.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
if you can find the cost then please do so. I got friends in Gurgaon so they can buy it for me & bring to Lucknow.

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
i hope this may be helpful
*www.shopmania.in/shopping~online-m...bt3030-music-bluetooth-headset~p-3281714.html

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I inquired & found online that the adapter costs near about Rs 3k & there was a distributor selling it in Delhi on ebay.in. I will check about it in Delhi's local Market, should be available somewhere.

By the way, I want to control Windows Media Player etc running on my PC with my mobile phone. I downloaded Vectir & Phone Remote Control for this. Now, I am using BlueSoleil 5 as the driver of my Bluetooth Adapter. I paired my phone properly & as usual I m able to transfer files, connect the Dial Up network & use PC Suite. However, COM Port 4 is not connecting. It should get connected & show up in green as it used to in case of K750i but it is not. When I run the vectir application in my Phone, it says connection timeout.

i also tried Phone remote control but same problem. Com port 4 is not connecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom