I bought this gaming config

Status
Not open for further replies.

acewin

Point Blanc
the RAM issue is with XP and not Vista, and 64 bit performance of all OS is more than any 32 bit OS because of more bits accessed each time.

Thanks to the advice I got on this forum, I just purchased these things for my gaming PC.

Procy- C2D E8400
Mobo - MSI P45 Platinum
Graphics 2 x Palit HD4850 with 512MB-DDR3 in Crossfire
RAM - 4GB (2x2gb) G-Skill 800MHZ DDR2 (4-4-4-12 latency)
Cabinet -CM 690i
PSU- Corsair TX650W
HDD - Seagate 250 B 7200.10 series single platter (2 disks, one for OS+apps and other for data)

Please tell me Which version of Vista I should go for. Will Home Premium 32bit be okay?

What is the performance difference between 32bit & 64bit Vista. Is "Home Premium" available in 64 bit?

Rajat

for how much did you purchase your PSU, PC Case, Mobo and GPU?

toofan

Technomancer
I don't think that any body need the 64 bit version. Because of compatibility issue and use. Most of the applications are designed for 32 bit. And if you runs a 32 bit app. in 64 bit its of no use. And Having 4 gb ram on a 32 bit machine is currently useless.

So buying more then 2 gb ram is dumping the money. Better use that money to buy good head phones or speakers.
And if anyone is buying 4850 x 2 then is 4gb ram needed?:confused:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^RAM and GPU does not have anything to with each other.

If we go with your point, the 512MB would be enough if we buy 2xGTX280 :lol:.

Anyways, if you have 4GB then you have to buy 64-Bit for its full potential to unlock.

32Bit versions will only show 3.5GB of RAM. :(

OP
R

rajatrao

Broken In
Thanks for your advice guys. I bought Home Premium 32bit as I need to run many older apps.

And this is not a spam thread as some have remarked. The other thread is SW Troubleshooting Forum is specific for software query. This thread here in HW Troubleshooting Forum is for thanking you guys who have advised me in my choice of hardware. I had posted prices in "Post your latest Purchase" thread (as per instructions in that thread). But as some guys have requested in this thread, I am giving them here too. So don't cry SPAM now! Learn to be patient;)

Procy- C2D E8400 Rs. 8050/-
Mobo - MSI P45 Platinum Rs.9995/-
Graphics 2 x Palit HD4850 with 512MB-DDR3 in Crossfire Rs. 10450/- each
RAM - 4GB (2x2gb) G-Skill 800MHZ DDR2 (4-4-4-12 latency) Rs. 6100/-
Cabinet -CM 690i Rs. 3875/-
PSU- Corsair TX650W Rs. 6220/-
HDD - Seagate 250 B 7200.10 series single platter (2 disks, one for OS+apps and other for data) Rs. 2345/- each

I will definitely post benchmarks, once I get the system running. But I ran into trouble when I assembled the parts. The system would not boot! After carefully trying various things and going through entire manuals, I deduced that the LED on mobo were telling me that "RAM was damaged". I tried using the two sticks in various dimms 1+3 and 2+4 for dual channel. Also tried putting them in 1+2 and all other combinations. Finally I found that the system would boot only if a single stick was placed in dimm no. 1, no matter which stick. So the problem seems to be the mobo.

With a single stick of memory, the system booted and I installed Vista Home Premium. After several tries, I got the crossfire going (had to download fresh drivers). But now the system hangs or restarts on its own whim.

Then I installed XP Home on a second HDD (again with single stick of RAM). Everything went fine until I reached crossfire stage. I get error message that "Catalyst Control Center has encountered a problem". Games etc run on XP but they too hang. Downloading fresh drivers did not help.

So I am taking the mobo (and the system) to the vendor again. It will take some time as I don't live in Mumbai where I bought the parts.

Shall keep you posted.

Rajat

Thanks for your advice guys. I bought Home Premium 32bit as I need to run many older apps.

And this is not a spam thread as some have remarked. The other thread is SW Troubleshooting Forum is specific for software query. This thread here in HW Troubleshooting Forum is for thanking you guys who have advised me in my choice of hardware. I had posted prices in "Post your latest Purchase" thread (as per instructions in that thread). But as some guys have requested in this thread, I am giving them here too. So don't cry SPAM now! Learn to be patient;)

Procy- C2D E8400 Rs. 8050/-
Mobo - MSI P45 Platinum Rs.9995/-
Graphics 2 x Palit HD4850 with 512MB-DDR3 in Crossfire Rs. 10450/- each
RAM - 4GB (2x2gb) G-Skill 800MHZ DDR2 (4-4-4-12 latency) Rs. 6100/-
Cabinet -CM 690i Rs. 3875/-
PSU- Corsair TX650W Rs. 6220/-
HDD - Seagate 250 B 7200.10 series single platter (2 disks, one for OS+apps and other for data) Rs. 2345/- each

Rajat

Nice setup. I am about to purchase the same rig with slight difference. In mobo I will go for P5Q Pro / Deleuxe or P5QE. But unfortunately pro is not available here and Deleuxe is very expensive (13K). In HDD I will rather go for WD6400AAKS.

acewin

Point Blanc
get the mobo from online sites, they will manage it for sure. Get nything which u do not get from local heads from online sites

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^+1 for online shopping.

theitwares
lynx-india
techshop.in

All are kool. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/17.png

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
I am still apprehensive about online shopping though.
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/34.png

acewin

Point Blanc
I am still apprehensive about online shopping though.
*s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/34.png

well its just not you mee too, havent done any online shopping yet. But have got good response, as I was trying to go for buying a new system, though the plans got ditched as my dad said to take the system kept at home.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
what did u buy and from what site?hw were d rates and shipping? warranty and all?

I bought lotsa things.

Corsair 4GB pen drive.
My previous iPod Nano 2G
My dad's 2nd N73
mom's MotoFLIP
my little sis's Sandisk Sansa Express (Cheap and affordable performance).
2xCreative EP-630.
Had bought Creative Fatal1ty headset from site (dont remember).
LCD cleaning kit.

Various sites. ebay.in the most. Service depends on the user whos selling it. I have had no problems. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom