Hyderabad vs Bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.

keshavasiva

Banned
This seems to be the hot topic for discussion everywhere these days - TV, print media, board rooms of MNCs, lunch tables in IT companies, blogs - just about everywhere.

1. b'lore costly city than hyde ...but the citi's area is lesser than tht of hyde

2. Food ...believe me none can beat hyde fr tht, be u frm any part of da country.. u'll hav best of da time here.

3. traffic and ppl breakin rules is not only common in hyde but also in B'lore now a days ... may b not a much as hyd does.

4. Ahh afa hyde is concerned infra rockzzz gr8 roads etc. Bang is catchin

5. I guess in entire south India u'll find more hindi/urdu speakin ppl in hyde
..so any person frm any part of da country will not hav any communication prob ...coz any passerby/autowalla etc will understand n speak hindi equally well ...

6. B'lore is still da best place to hang out ...hyde is very little behind....

7. B'lore is da Technology/IT hub --- hyde is not very behind...

8. Many IT gaints are firming up in Blore awa Hyde like MS CSC etc in HYD and HP IBM etc in Bang.

8. Hyd has much better culture and tradition than Blore.

These are my fcorse many others opinion . wat r urs .... plzz substantiate them too

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Banglore food waaay waaay better. Bandglore weather is also better. But biggest problem - bangalore lacks buses.
@anyone from bangalore
how do you guys commute?

hailgautam

Youngling
Source: E-mail forward

You are a true Hyderabadi if:

@>> Your address reads as 23-404-32/67A-43 (New MCH number 56-678/4A/B-22), while you actually live in the second house beside Zamzam cafe in lane behind Anand Theatre on SP Road.

@>> You end up buying only a salwar kameez, whether it is a theatre workshop, food mela, consumer expo, designer jewellery show, science show or an automobile convention.

@>> Your street has at least one roadside mobile hotel that serves Chinese delicacies such as Vegetable soft needles, Navrotten Kurma, Chicken Manchewurea or American Chompsee.

@>> Your answer is ’seedha chale jao’ when somebody asks you for directions, whether it is to Malakpet, Masab Tank, Malkajgiri or Moosapet.

@>> You come across tailors sporting the board: Immidiot delivery in two days onli.

@>> If you can speak Hindi, Urdu, English and Hyderabadi, except Telugu, fluently.

@>> Your answer is ‘not in my pockets’ when somebody asks you ‘Where is X Y Z ?’ and you also roll on the floor laughing at your joke.

@>> If you ask the waiter to get you some ‘Mango pickle’ even if you are sitting at a lavish continental banquet dinner with exotic Chinese, Mexican, Italian and Lebanese cuisines.

@>> You order for a tea just after having had a Caramel custard.

@>> If you have at least one Srinivas, Raju or Venkatesh within six square feet. In other words, you have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance with these names.

@>> If you have at least one cousin, friend, colleague or acquaintance in the US in software.

@>> If everytime somebody gives you a piece of good news, the first thing you ask them is ‘Party kab hain?’

@>> You are reading this and secretly admitting that you are, after all, a true blue Hyderabadi.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^^
it should read "you are true hyderabadi muslim if..."
I know true hyderabadis that dont meet those requirements especially language. Actually I spent half my life in hyderabad and I dont meet even a single requirement. I feel very ashamed. :(

azzu

AJJU
I second that Aditya
coz i hav plenty of non-muslim frnds who speak urdu so fluently than me...
and meet all the above requirements
i think u simply didnt got good Circle or area :D

faraaz

Evil Genius
Hmmm..interesting...I was born in Hyderabad and lived there till I was 13, then moved to Bangalore, where I have lived till I was 17 (still live there, but havent spent more than a month at a time in India since I studied abroad ever since)...so here's my evaluation:

Hyderabad's advantages:

Good infrastructure
Good language awareness...you can get by with Hindi with the autowallahs, workers, aam aadmi types...
Good food (Bangalore is laughably deficient in this area)

Bangalore's advantages:
Good weather (Hyd can go to 42-45 degrees in summer...insanely hot)
Good hangouts
Good proximity to other cities/centrally located within South India...close to Goa, Hyd, Coimbatore, Mumbai, Chennai etc etc
Good business-wise...in the sense, if you are a businessman, you have more opportunities in Bangalore than Hyderabad...or another way of phrasing this would be that Bangalore is a more entrepreneurial city than Hyderabad.

Hmm...based on that, you can choose what you like. IMO Hyderabad is more of an informal city and you can't really do business there. People are inefficient, unreliable and in certain cases, irrational. If you're goin there for a week long holiday to kill time with friends, or visiting relatives...yeah, its an okay place. [:)]

praka123

left this forum longback
Give bangalore to locals...flew off Bangalore before population explodes :D every one is interested to come to B'lore!wth?
Move To:
pune!
if u persist to be inside karnataka,go to Hubballi-Dharawada twin cities(not very hot) or mangalore(climate is hot).
else ran off bangalore to Chennai or Coimbatore!Hydrabaad is too hot and the language is urdu?!
:D
Bangalore is supposed to be garden city and a hill station!all companies pack off! to Chennai,Coimbatore or any other city which is "eligible" to be polluted and completely industrialized

x3060

A LOTR fan
home is the best...:), when i say home i mean hometown of each person, am much in love with my place, and when ever i go out , i feel bad..:(

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Being a Bangalorean, I can only say that the condition of Bangalore is worsening. Thanks to the immigrants :mad:

faraaz

Evil Genius
@phreakout: Two observations here...

1) Now you know how the Americans feel! :D

2) I think its more the increase in population, traffic and lack of infrastructure which further exacerbates the perception of worsening conditions in Bangalore...

Hmm...yeah...

wirelessraj

| Game Artist |
Bangalore Rocks!!!

Most of the international rock concerts happens in Bangalore!!!

Its almost all concerts, including the upcoming Megadeth concert in March!!!

But the traffic & the crowd at the malls sucks nowadays!!!

CINTEL ENTRINO

Loading . . . please d'nt
why....
hyd vs. bangalore...

start threads on each n every city/town/village in india..... :mad:
n continue segregating people...

ancientrites

In the zone
Bangalore Rocks!!!

Most of the international rock concerts happens in Bangalore!!!

Its almost all concerts, including the upcoming Megadeth concert in March!!!

But the traffic & the crowd at the malls sucks nowadays!!!

i wish to see few black metal bands like mayhem,gorgoroth or am i asking for too much:twisted: .unless religious ppl stay out here in bangalore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom