hw 2 share net between lap & pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

niku_19jan

Broken In
i hav bluetooth dongle & net connection in ma pc.
nw i want to acess net in laptop..it also has bluetooth.
i heard i can acess net on laptop..if pc n lap has bluetooth devices.
is it possible, if yes thn plz guide me.

abhijitroy

Broken In
There are two ways depending upon your requirement -
(A) Case-I
While you access net from your lap the pc is also switched on or vice versa.
In this case say your pc is directly connected to net by dial up or by broadband. First establish a network between the two. Then in your pc enable the internet connection sharing (ICS). For steps F1>Type ICS and then Enter. In the pc configure in the ie for automatically detect setting. Yoy are thru.
(B) Case-II
While you want net in the lap the pc is not required to be switched on.
This is possible only when you connect via router which costs around rs 2,000/-. If u r satisfied by case-I this is not required.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I don't know how it can be done but I have a suggestion. Before making any additional expenses confirm from your ISP that sharing the connection between 2 computers is allowed. Many ISP use MCA binding which prevents sharing of connections. In case they don't allow sharing, then you may have to ask for another package which allows sharing(tariff may be higher).

OP
niku_19jan

niku_19jan

Broken In
rohan ma isp allows sharing of net connection.
abhijit..i enabled net sharing bt dont knw hw to establish network...so guide me.

abhijitroy

Broken In
From Control Panel go to Network Connection and then the Network Connection wizard. It is step-by-step procedure managed in that wizard. Just try and report.

47shailesh

Security Exp
^in place of blue tooth i wud suggest buy 400 rs 4-port hub that wud give you a decent speed. In case of blue tooth you will suffer slow network speed.

OP
niku_19jan

niku_19jan

Broken In
thnks abhijit i tried but not able to connect.
shailesh purchasing is ma 2nd option...if i cant connect thn wil go for it.

shantanu

Technomancer
yeah you can surely connect ! you just have to setup a bluettoth LAN connection.. if you have already solved your problem its ok, if not post here.

niku : my net was down :)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I also want to share my internet BSNL 900Plus UL between my PC and laptop. I am using net in pc using lancard, Can I simultaneously connect my modem via USB to laptop ????

INS-ANI

In the zone
does ur lappy and PC contain ethernet card, if so, you can connect both using a cheap RJ45 cable, why bother abt bluetooth then.

OP
niku_19jan

niku_19jan

Broken In
does ur lappy and PC contain ethernet card, if so, you can connect both using a cheap RJ45 cable, why bother abt bluetooth then.

yup bro i hav ethernet in ma pc n lappy.
but i wanted to knw, whether can i connect using bluetooth, if yes thn hw?

satyamy

Alive Again...
i too have tried this
i connected PC and lap using LAN just cost me rs. 50/- for a single wire and 2 pin

shantanu

Technomancer
niku , the guide presented above is good , but its too easy process to follow, just a transreceiver and plug it in your desktop system. i hope your laptop is bluetooth enabled. so from your desktop computer start a local area connection using the bluetooth control in control panel .. and shoose a passkey for the other system, now make the laptop discovery on and let it connect to the desktop using the passkey.. you will have to keep the bluetooth on on both machines and the discovery should be on...

sorry to intrude, but is it possible for me to use the USB cable that came with my BSNL Type-I modem and connect my dad's lappy to the modem and connect to the net ? The PC is connected via ethernet port, but the lappy lacks one and I need to connect to the net through it. So can I connect it to the unused USB Internet port of the Modem using the bundled USB cable ? One of my friends told me he had done something similar with aother ISP(local cable wala) but Choto Cheeta once told that he failed to establish the connection like this for BSNL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom