Hutch is now Vodafone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
NEW DELHI: Hutch's migration to the Vodafone brand was completed on Wednesday, but the pug that made the mobile company ever so popular with the masses will remain.

The re-branding marks the completion of UK-based Vodafone's acquisition of Hong Kong-based Hutchison Telecommunication Ltd's Indian assets in May 2007. The company was in July 2007 renamed Vodafone Essar.

India will now become the 26th country where Vodafone has operations, covering across five continents and 40 partner networks with over 200 million customers worldwide.

"This marks a significant chapter in the evolution of Vodafone as a dynamic and ever-growing brand. The brand change over the next few weeks will be unveiled nationally through a high profile campaign covering all important media," a Vodafone Essar statement said here.

Asim Ghosh, Managing Director, Vodafone Essar, said: We've had a great innings as Hutch in India and today marks a new beginning for us. Not as a departure from the fundamentals that created Hutch, but an acceleration into the future with Vodafone's global expertise."

Company marketing and new business director Harit Nagpal termed the transition as probably the largest ever undertaken in the country. "It is even larger than our own previous brand transitions as it touches over 35 million customers, across 400,000 shops and thousands of our own and our business associates employees."

A Vodafone Essar spokesperson said the pug that has come to represent the company would remain.

Source

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I hope it doesn't become Wada-phone, and make a HOLE in your pocket. I'm post paid, can't afford to lose my number

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Get the new vodafone logo on ur mobile handsets

SMS 'VODAFONE' to 56565

PS : Currently works on Nokia Handsets Only

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
Probably this is one company which has changed it's name maximum number if times.

In Mumbai, it was first called MaxTouch, then Orange, now it is Hutch and soon it will be Vodafone.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I wish voda makes some change in mobile as well as broadband market.Will they start landline service too like Bharti Airtel??

azzu

AJJU
iam waiten for edge in all areas frm them (fsrt let them give edge correctly then we will se 3G)

enticer86

Stay Silent!
lets c wht happens tomorow

atleast a nice change, if nuthin else...

i hope we get sm freebies in India now.... ppl abroad hav free calling [isd calls too] in US and CANADA

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Sirf naam badla hain. Aur kuch nahin.

Same connectivity issues. Same bad call quality. same disturbane :)

Third Eye said:
Can we expect 3G from Vodafone.:rolleyes:

Isn't it the Government that should bring 3G to India?

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
The Govt shd start freeing and allocating the 3G spectrum now... i hope Airtel gets a license..

ThinkFree

Technomancer
cool_techie_tvm said:
Get the new vodafone logo on ur mobile handsets

SMS 'VODAFONE' to 56565

PS : Currently works on Nokia Handsets Only

How much are the charges? Rs. 3, 6, 10 or none?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Abhishek Dwivedi said:
well r dey planning to provied wireless internet connection also????ne one got ne details????

They already provide wireless internet through PCMCIA data cards and since a long time there website is saying that they would be launching usb data card as well. Don't expect to get broadband on mobile just now in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom