HUMBLE BUNDLE !!!!! Get 8 Games for 4.80 dollars

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Yes. But remember not to cancel it, instead pause it.

Great. Thanks a ton furious_gamer, krishnandu.sarkar, arijitsinha :). Downloading Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box , 12% completed :cool:.

BTW, first I tried with State Bank of India MasterCard Debit Card , it didn't work. Bank of Baroda Visa Debit Card worked & Rs. 334 deducted for $5.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
I doubt if they are using internet for first time. Next they will ask How can I download while my PC is shut down.
Yeah, I know the feeling, it's similar when you get while teaching how to use a computer to an old person. In this case, we're not old so the irritation is much worse :-D.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
What if I don't cancel/pause it and shut down?

Huh? The quote you quoted said '' remember to pause it'' and my question is if I dont remember to pause it and shut down the pc what will happen?

IDK bro, I didn't do that. With torrents I can think of direct shut down as on startup it checks for the checksum and all.

But I don't think it'll resume download if you just shut it down, because on shut down, technically system sends terminate message to all the running processes if they don't terminate it force kills all.

So theoretically I don't think it'll resume download if you don't pause it.

Though you can try it out, we can then know what happens :p

But don't dare to do that if a huge part is downloaded :D

deepanshuchg

Ambassador of Buzz
IDK bro, I didn't do that. With torrents I can think of direct shut down as on startup it checks for the checksum and all.

But I don't think it'll resume download if you just shut it down, because on shut down, technically system sends terminate message to all the running processes if they don't terminate it force kills all.

This was the answer I was looking don't know why furious_gamer didn't understood it and above that is blaming me for spamming

kartikoli

Busy!!

when i download through resume support sites through FDM then i just shut down the PC without stopping the download and as i open the PC the download popup comes up and start downloading

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
To all who are panicked about 30 days download thing, read these carefully.

*help.ea.com/article/no-expiration-for-origin-downloads

Do games expire after 30 days on origin if you don't download them? - Yahoo!7 Answers

Long story short, this limitation was in EA Download Manager, which is replaced by Origin, so there is no such kind of limitation. Your game will stay forever even if you never download them. Even in worst case your game disappeared you can show them proof of purchase and get that game back.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
when i download through resume support sites through FDM then i just shut down the PC without stopping the download and as i open the PC the download popup comes up and start downloading

It depends on the procedure which download manager follows. Anyway, as I said, I really never tried it. But as questions are coming up, I'm sure one can test it. Like download 1% - 2% and shut down pc directly without Pausing. And on restart let us know if it's working fine.

But safe side is always to pause. Directly terminating a process can hamper your data.

Do games expire after 30 days on origin if you don't download them? - Yahoo!7 Answers

Long story short, this limitation was in EA Download Manager, which is replaced by Origin, so there is no such kind of limitation. Your game will stay forever even if you never download them. Even in worst case your game disappeared you can show them proof of purchase and get that game back.

Thanks for sharing that information :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

I cleared this with customer care, but some member here said that 30 day limit is applicable, but he never shown any proof. Anyway i know about it and still thanks for clearing it up..

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
The origin bundle is over now, Dont end up buying the Humble Comedy Bundle assuming you are buying origin bundle. You cannot buy the origin bundle anymore.

kartikoli

Busy!!
It depends on the procedure which download manager follows. Anyway, as I said, I really never tried it. But as questions are coming up, I'm sure one can test it. Like download 1% - 2% and shut down pc directly without Pausing. And on restart let us know if it's working fine.

But safe side is always to pause. Directly terminating a process can hamper your data.

Thanks for sharing that information :D

I agree but this thing work with free download manager and I have been doing so for long time ... just thought of sharing the info with the community

kartikoli

Busy!!
just now my PC shut down due to power fluctuation as i was playing the game so my microtek 1KW couldnt take the load. started the PC and the download resumed :D

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Anyone want C&C : Red Alert 3 Origin key? PM me... First one to PM me will get the key...

EDIT : Key gone...

Last edited:
Top Bottom