OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
the GA-MA78LMT-S2 is a micro atx board
the SILVERSTONE GD05B
supports micro-ATX / Mini-DTX / Mini-ITX MBs
so it should fit...

but i have a hard time finding a silverstone case!!!

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Check out the local market for zebronics anna/tambi or iball baby and see if you like them.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
Check out the local market for zebronics anna/tambi or iball baby and see if you like them.

i will surely have a look..

and guys what are your respective opinions on buying The Silverstone GD05B from amazon???

Amazon.com: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black): Electronics

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
i will surely have a look..

and guys what are your respective opinions on buying The Silverstone GD05B from amazon???

Amazon.com: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black): Electronics

^^ It looks good. But if you are from India, then you will have tough time time receiving materials from amazon.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
Amazon doesn't ship directly to India.

i just had a chat with a customer care executive at amazon...

"
:May I have the exact item name?

Me:SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black)

:Thanks for waiting, I have researched and found that 'SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black)' can be shipped to India at $10.00 shipping cost.
That is for bulky media. The total shipping cost would be $35.98 for this item.

Me:so the total cost would be ???

:The total order cost would be $129.98.

Me:does amazon ship to every state in india ?

:Yes.

Me:so after placing a order how long will it take the product to reach me(at the above cost) , and can its progress be tracked

:It will take 3-5 business days to be delivered to you. Since it is an international package, no tracking information is available.
We realize that Priority shipping can be expensive, and we're sorry for this inconvenience. However, we felt it was in the best interest of our international customers to ensure that the items they ordered reached them safely and on time.
Because packages shipped by non-trackable methods frequently didn't arrive in a reasonable time-frame, we now offer only Priority International Shipping.

Me:also would i have a warranty period for this product , and does it cover shipping costs in case of defects

:I'm sorry the information regarding guarantee is available with the manufacturer. You can contact them via phone at 1-909-465-9596, 1-909-465-9569.
Office Hour: 08:30 to 17:30 PST (GMT-08:00)

Me: so what shipping speed did you include in the price?
(option while finalizing purchase)

: Priority Shipping Method.(3-4 days)

Me: ok so is it guaranteed that there will be no damage to the product during delivery

: Yes
You have to contact the manufacturer for the details regarding warranty. Amazon.com ships this order.
We can guarantee only the shipment and payment issues to your satisfaction.

''

This is the cheapest way to get the silverstone GD05 in india.. the ones listed in ebay cost more than 10k , while $129.98 works out to be about 5978.46 rs or 6k give or take.
but i have to find out whether i would be offered warranty...

what do you guys think should i go for this or start looking for alternatives to the silverstone case ?

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ Bro, that's a great piece of info. Even I was not aware of it and international shipping of a such a big item @ $36 is also very much resonable. It will enable us to get Cabinet, CPU, high end cards or laptops in far less price even considering the Shipping charge.
Could you please let us know wht is the procedure to chat with care executive at amazon?

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
^^ Bro, that's a great piece of info. Even I was not aware of it and international shipping of a such a big item @ $36 is also very much resonable. It will enable us to get Cabinet, CPU, high end cards or laptops in far less price even considering the Shipping charge.
Could you please let us know wht is the procedure to chat with care executive at amazon?

Help page

*www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=468520&type=email&mode=&skip=true

Aj12, did you check if the final price include, Customs ... ????? Who would take care of the customs, Amazon or the customer.

no
the thought never occurred to me..
i will check it out
thanks anyway..

Last edited:
OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
Could some one help me out here

like sam9s said i forgot to check the customs & tax tariff
but ever since my chat gets interrupted because i keep losing connection and i am not able complete my requests

so could someone please find out the cheapest way to ship the Silverstone GD05 from amazon(inclusive of customs taxes etc) to Kerala. i will provide my billing address if needed to find exact costs taxes etc
(and no i don't have a credit card at the moment, so i cannot check the final price be placing the order which includes all the information that i need, but i am only in the process of acquiring one, hence i cannot check price using this method)

remember that there are two ways of shipping

Expedited International Shipping (averages 8-16 business days)
Priority International Courier (averages 2-4 days)

any way is fine by me as i am looking for the CHEAPEST solution, as long as the case does not get lost in transit or any other such situation

so could someone please confirm the total cost of shipping???

my previous quote was $129.98 which i think included the price of the case and shipping charges, but i don't know if it included customs & taxes and ever since i got cut off in the middle of a chat with the executive.

and this is where i need your help.
so guys please help me with this one.

here's the link for the case

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since i got cut off abruptly while chatting with their customer care executives I sent a e-mail Detailing my queries and they seem to have responded within a few hours.

anyway here's their response

''
Hello,

I've verified "SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black)" on our website and I can confirm that this item can be shipped to your billing address.

We two international shipping methods are available for you.

1. Expedited Shipping
2. Priority Shipping

From your message I understand that you would like to use the most economical way, so I would like to suggest, you choose Expedited Shipping for this item.

I've calculated the shipping charges for this item with Expedited Shipping and I can confirm that you'll be charged $51.34 for shipping charges, excluding Duties and Taxes.

Duties and taxes may be levied once the package reaches the destination country. We aren’t able to control these charges nor predict when they will be required. For many destination countries, Amazon can determine an import fees deposit you pay when placing the order. As noted during the purchase process, these additional charges must be paid by the recipient to take delivery of the package unless they were pre-paid via the import fees deposit.

You can find out more on our Help pages (*www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=468632)

Here is some more customs information to keep in mind:

— Generally, customs forms for international packages will list the value of your order's contents by product type.
— We are required to declare the actual value of the items in your shipment.
— Cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
— We may provide certain order, shipment, and product information to our international carriers, and that information may be communicated by the carriers to customs authorities in order to facilitate customs clearance and comply with local laws.
— If the order is a gift, the cost of the items is still stated on the customs form. Customs authorities require us to state the value of gift items directly on the package.

The total cost of your order--including shipping, gift wrap, and any discounts you took advantage of--appears on the final page of the order form before you submit your order.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

''

oh and i forgot to mention Priority Courier Shipping the SilverStone GD05B
Costs 119.84$

But with shipping costs at 51.34$ thus bringing total cost to about 135.34$
which translates to about 6.2k which is on the expensive side for a case buts it is still a better deal compared to its price in India which is more than 10k.

But i am still not sure when it comes to customs and taxes.
Could someone with prior knowledge of a similar purchase give an explanation of the procedures such a product has to go through customs and whether or not my case will be held up at customs....

Last edited:
OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
My build so far...

Processor - Athlon II X4 635

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2

Ram - Corsair 4 GB (2x2) CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 1333 MHz Value DDR3

Gpu - ZOTAC GT 440 1GB 128-bit GDDR3

Hdd - Western Digital Caviar Green WD10EARS 1TB

Case - SILVERSTONE GD05B

Psu - CORSAIR CX500 V2

Remote - HP MCE Remote

NEW HP MCE /REMOTE CONTROL /USB IR RECEIVER /IR Emitter | eBay

Any suggestions are welcome...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Are all those components have been purchased or you have opted for them?
If the purchase is not made then I would recommend the following changes:-

1. Your mobo is having two DIMM slots. So don't occupy them with only 4 GB ram by going for 2X2 GB modules. Get a single 4 GB 1333 MHz Corsair DDR3 @ 1.2K.
2. For Gfx card, get HD 6570. All the AMD cards provide better post processing effects than their Nvidia Counterpart like in De-Interlacing, Mosquito Noise reduction, Image Sharpening and Upscaling. There is a very good article in Toms hardware.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
Are all those components have been purchased or you have opted for them?
If the purchase is not made then I would recommend the following changes:-

1. Your mobo is having two DIMM slots. So don't occupy them with only 4 GB ram by going for 2X2 GB modules. Get a single 4 GB 1333 MHz Corsair DDR3 @ 1.2K.
2. For Gfx card, get HD 6570. All the AMD cards provide better post processing effects than their Nvidia Counterpart like in De-Interlacing, Mosquito Noise reduction, Image Sharpening and Upscaling. There is a very good article in Toms hardware.

No i have not purchased these component...
This merely the config in my mind at the moment...
And i will Get a single 4gb stick instead of 2x2 gb modules as you and sam9s have suggested.

But Could you also give me the link to the article regarding the HD 6570 as i am getting mixed opinions on whether to use the HD 6570 or the 440GT for this build.

Last edited:

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
For The I Would Say If You Want To Invenst then get The Sony PS3 BD remote ( got one for MY HTPC Setup xbmc )(will be posting a how to Guide) ... If You Want a free solution try xbmc officiall app..

And the ps3 one is bluetooth so no Line of site or range problems ....

OP you can also wait for some time as I am For My NEXT NEW HTPC for the AMD Trinity APUS!!!!

Any Further Software help for XBMC Then PM Me

I am USING the Following to control XBMC(HTPC)
Logithech K400
PS3 BD Remote
MS Xbox 360 Gamepad(both Wired and Wireless)
XBMC App For iPhone
XBMC App For ANDROID

For The Case You Can Also See A Cheaper Option Of Coolermaster elite 360 and 361

Last edited:

tomys24

Broken In
For The I Would Say If You Want To Invenst then get The Sony PS3 BD remote ( got one for MY HTPC Setup xbmc )(will be posting a how to Guide) ... If You Want a free solution try xbmc officiall app..

And the ps3 one is bluetooth so no Line of site or range problems ....

OP you can also wait for some time as I am For My NEXT NEW HTPC for the AMD Trinity APUS!!!!

Any Further Software help for XBMC Then PM Me

I am USING the Following to control XBMC(HTPC)
Logithech K400
PS3 BD Remote
MS Xbox 360 Gamepad(both Wired and Wireless)
XBMC App For iPhone
XBMC App For ANDROID

For The Case You Can Also See A Cheaper Option Of Coolermaster elite 360 and 361

i don't think op can wait for more than 1 year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom