Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
nope, as I mentioned I myself landed up with trouble, with my HD5850 when I tried to play a particular 3D SBS file of "how to train your dragon" when I got the BSOD. I googled and it was clearly mentioned a bug with AMD cards pertaining to video acceleration. That is the main reason I opted for 440GT for my HTPC else I could easily have gone for HD6XXX series.
My friend also had problems playing few video files encoded with h.264 @High Level 5.

I have been a fan of ATI for their HD series cards (been using HD5850 for ages for all games and it rocks) and was dead sure to get one, but these few experiences caught my eye. Me and my friend both opted for GT440 and its a smooth sailing since then. As I said its rare but it is there.

I dont merely recommend on benchmarks and articles, I also see what experience practically people have which they share via forums ........ In this case I myself is an example.

Then i think i should opt for the 440 GT just to be on the safe side...

and do u think that the gt 440 would fit in an Antec ISK 300-150 CPU Mini-ITX
case or should i look for another case since the price of this case is on the higher side 5k plus as sam9s pointed out.

if it fits in the antec should i use a different psu or the one provided with the case.

Piyush

Lanaya
nope, as I mentioned I myself landed up with trouble, with my HD5850 when I tried to play a particular 3D SBS file of "how to train your dragon" when I got the BSOD. I googled and it was clearly mentioned a bug with AMD cards pertaining to video acceleration. That is the main reason I opted for 440GT for my HTPC else I could easily have gone for HD6XXX series.

yea..I saw a sample video of this BSOD on youtube too
but it(and other crashes) were fixed by the driver updates from AMD
the last 2 updates were quite fruitful as mentioned online widely

Cilus

laborare est orare
Then I have couple of suggestion. Actually 5000 series have some problems regarding the driver as well as hardware issues. But from BART onwards those kind of problems are fixed. Any cards from Northern Island architecture like HD 6870, HD 6850, HD 6790, HD 6670, HD 6450, HD 65970 don't have these kind of problem. Get the GD 6570 istead, which is based on Norther Island architecture and with 11.4 and higher driver, it shouldn't have these kind of problems.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
cost of the 6570 compared to the 440GT..

better still could u provide a link..

and can you look into my case query..

Cilus

laborare est orare
GT 440 and HD 6750 are low profile card and they can be fitted inside even the local cabinets. Perform wise HD 6570 performs better than GT 440 almost all the times in higher resolution. If both are on the same range, then go for any of them.
Personally I would pick up HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 version as there is no pointer regarding issue of HD playback with HD 5670.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
yea..I saw a sample video of this BSOD on youtube too
but it(and other crashes) were fixed by the driver updates from AMD
the last 2 updates were quite fruitful as mentioned online widely

well you might be right, but I sure was not able to rectify the issue, tried all kind and versions of drivers and all sorts of solutions floating online. Nothing helped, finally just gave up. (which I usually dont do easily). Luckily the PC with 5850 (the i7 one in sig) I do not use it for movie viewing, its used for my Gaming and rest of PC activities. For movies n videos I built a separate HTPC with nVidia card, which easily played the same file.

Then i think i should opt for the 440 GT just to be on the safe side...

and do u think that the gt 440 would fit in an Antec ISK 300-150 CPU Mini-ITX
case or should i look for another case since the price of this case is on the higher side 5k plus as sam9s pointed out.

if it fits in the antec should i use a different psu or the one provided with the case.

Mini ITX case is not meant for external GPUs, please check before ordering one.
I'd say go for a mid tower.

Last edited:
OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
Is this case available in India

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum / 0.8mm SECC Grandia Series GD05B micro-ATX / Mini-DTX / Mini-ITX MB, 1x5.25", 2x3.5"+1x2.5"HDD or 1x3.5"+2x2.5"HDD, 3x120mm golf bladed fan, 11" expansion card capab

The config so far..

and for the gpu i decided to go with the 440 GT

Processor - Athlon II X4 635

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-MA78LMT-S2

Gpu - Nvida 440 GT
(Asus,Msi,Zotac GDDR 3 ,GDDR5 ???)
Please specify a make and model from the above

Ram - Corsair 4 GB (2x2) CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 1333 MHz Value DDR3

Psu - ???

Case - Silverstone GD05B If available ,if not a similar one
Like the Silverstone LC10 or the LC10-E

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You can check the Elite 100. But it has limited drive connectivity (type) when using boards.

Cilus

laborare est orare
In smcinternational, the 1 GB GDDR3 version of MSI GT 440 is available @ 4.3K and the Zotac 1 GB GDDR5 version is available @ 4.8K. Here is the MSI Link.
On the price of the GDDR5 version, you can easily get Sapphire HD 6670 1GB GDDR3 version, almost twice powerful than GT 440. You can get MSI and Sapphire HD 6570 1 GB GDDR3 version @ 3.8K.

Here is Lynx-india HD 5670 512 MB GDDR5 Price @ 3.7K.

Here is Sapphire HD 6570 1 GB GDDR3, priced @ 3.9K.

Here is Sapphire HD 6670 1 GB GDDR3 version priced @ 4.57K

All the above AMD cards are more powerful than GT 440 GDDR3 version. The reason is GT 440 is just a GT 430 with higher clock speed, nothing else.

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
guys now help me find a case and a psu...

The AMD configuration you have finished is not for a Mini ITX. The Gigabyte board you have chosen is an ATX board, so forget about Mini ITX case now. Go for something like CM Elite Series .

something like below ...

Elite 430 Black - Cooler Master - Leading Provider of Computer Case | Cooler | Power Supply

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
the GA-MA78LMT-S2 is a micro atx board
the SILVERSTONE GD05B
supports micro-ATX / Mini-DTX / Mini-ITX MBs
so it should fit...

but i have a hard time finding a silverstone case!!!

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
the GA-MA78LMT-S2 is a micro atx board
the SILVERSTONE GD05B
supports micro-ATX / Mini-DTX / Mini-ITX MBs
so it should fit...

but i have a hard time finding a silverstone case!!!

Ofcourse an ATX cabinet board will support/fit ITX board. What I meant was ITX cabinet, any ITX cabinet like CM E100 or that of Antec will not support ATX board like the one you plan to buy GA-MA78LMT-S2 .

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Check out the local market for zebronics anna/tambi or iball baby and see if you like them.

OP
Aj12

Aj12

Broken In
Check out the local market for zebronics anna/tambi or iball baby and see if you like them.

i will surely have a look..

and guys what are your respective opinions on buying The Silverstone GD05B from amazon???

Amazon.com: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black): Electronics

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
i will surely have a look..

and guys what are your respective opinions on buying The Silverstone GD05B from amazon???

Amazon.com: SilverStone Aluminum/Steel Micro ATX HTPC Computer Case GD05B (Black): Electronics

^^ It looks good. But if you are from India, then you will have tough time time receiving materials from amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom