HTC P3400i Problems!!!! SMS / NETWORK n other probs!! plz help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
dear DFU's,
one of m friend bought a HTC P3400i handset based on Windows Mobile 6.
Today, december 31 is the 3rd day and it has already started giving probs...

It is just 3days i brought my HTC P3400i...and it has started giving problems....
the problem is:

1. Irregularities in recieving sms (i recieve 4/5 sms out of 20 sms sent to my ph number)

2. Sometime i dont get notification of incomig calls (my friends tell they rang me 2-3 times but it didnt show on my mobile screen)

I have confirmed that these problems are not network problemas it is fine when i use the same sim card in other mobile.

It would be of great help if you can tell me what i need to do to make my PDA hassle free?

did any of the user feel or face the same while using this handset??
what did u do??

please jot down here...
he is really at a loss..

-SUDE

blue_earth

Broken In
I have the same problems on my HTC Touch. Unfortunately there is no solution as yet except a radio upgrade which I'm a little skeptic about as it might brick my phone if not done properly. However, the problem can be reduced:
1. Restart once every day.
2. Do not leave ActiveSync running in the background.
3. Have your clock synchronised to your operator's clock time.
4. Do not run to many programs at once. Tap & hold 'X' to exit the application completely.

The problem will not go but it's frequency will reduce greatly.

OP
sude

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
thanks bluearth..
unknowingly according to my flriend he was implementing several of the said tactics for two days now but didnt find any improvement...
thnx anyway....

-SUDE

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ I own the same set but I do not have any such problems. Try flashing the fone to Windows Mobile 6.1 ..

vickyadvani

Journeyman
I own a HTC touch phone since last 6 months and have no problems with it...try hard reseting your device ....there should be a reset button on your phone...with the help of the pin reset the device it would go to the original factory settings ...

also try checking wht version of windows you have ...the latest is WM6..

x3060

A LOTR fan
yes, upgrade to 6.1, ....using it for 10 months (close to) now.
no problems, i used to face the same problems much early...just restart the mob , all will be gone. much like windows :-D

IronManForever

vickyadvani said:
I own a HTC touch phone since last 6 months and have no problems with it...try hard reseting your device ....there should be a reset button on your phone...with the help of the pin reset the device it would go to the original factory settings ...
Pin reset aint hard rest dude. Hard reset neads some button combinations.

And yeah. Before upgrading, follow care. P3400i ... the "i" version has a bit different way of flashing. You may brick your phone if you don't look out for the exact procedure, or use the flashing procedure of older 'Gene's.

Last edited:

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
^^^ just reset to default settings. nothing else.

@sude i wud suggest u to 1st flash ur fone to winmo 6.1.if issues still remain get the radio part of ur fw upgraded.

IronManForever

Pin reset aint hard rest? are you sure...so what does that pin reset does exactly?

^^^ just reset to default settings. nothing else.

Guys Guys.. Thats not what pin reset is. I do pin reset once is a day or two. It is like pressing the reset button of your PC. No settings changed, just flushes out the memory and is useful when your mobile hangs.

You think they'd make hard reset so easily accessible? Hard reset changes all settings to factory default and erases everything on your mobile. It is recommended to remove your memory card and SIM card when you are doing a hard reset.

Google for details on how to do it.

apoorav

Broken In
u can solve this prob..easily..just walk to your htc authorised service centre and get the software change..it hardly takes 20-25 mins...& your prob will definitely be solve..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom