Htc one x from flipkart or ebay

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy htc one x 16 gb model.

in flipkart it comes around 31k (32k and 1k cashback) HTC One X - HTC: Flipkart.com

in ebay some seller are selling at price of 25k NEW HTC ONE X WHITE 16 GB ANDROID SMARTPHONE WITH WARRANTY AT&T UNLOCKED | eBay or 27k HTC One X | One year Warranty | eBay and I have 7.5% discount coupon so it comes to around 23k and 25k

The ebay seller are specifying warranty as seller warranty I think something fishy there.. also not sure if they are really new or not?

advice guys..

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Seller's warranty is not the same as manufacturer's warranty. it is as good as the seller which in almost all the cases of ebay you don't know so HTC's warranty is always better. imo, avoid ebay!

If you can spend upto 31k then buy Lg Optimus G from flipkart, avoid HOX.

OP
S

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
thanks guys, whats good in Lg Optimus G compare to htc? I am long time htc user so i trust it more

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks guys, whats good in Lg Optimus G compare to htc? I am long time htc user so i trust it more

packs 2 times (rough estimate) the power of One X. And also something called a memory card slot (which HTC proudly cancelled out). Not to mention a bigger battery.

samudragupta

Youngling
Firstly its a wrong comarision... HOX aint that bad, its a great phone (i am a proud owner :) ). LG optimus is released in NOv 12, whereas HOX was May 12. But eventually as members mentioned that LG is currently a better VFM compared to HOX.

aroraanant

Explorer
If you still wish to buy One X then here is a great deal for you.It(32GB version with manufacturer warranty) is available at tradus for 29k, use a 10% off coupon and get it for only 26k, there couldn't be a better deal than this.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Better get it from FK. People have posted so many complaints against ebay. In case of problems, getting a replacement is not easy with ebay. You'll have to take the device to service center, and before that you and seller are asked to settle this mutually first. You'll need to get a certificate from service center that it is damaged, and more such steps.
FK is a lot better with replacements. Better go with FK for very costly items.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Better get it from FK. People have posted so many complaints against ebay. In case of problems, getting a replacement is not easy with ebay. You'll have to take the device to service center, and before that you and seller are asked to settle this mutually first. You'll need to get a certificate from service center that it is damaged, and more such steps.
FK is a lot better with replacements. Better go with FK for very costly items.

i have not faced any such problem yet, got almost over a 1lakh of goods.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
i have not faced any such problem yet, got almost over a 1lakh of goods.

Did you get any defective products from ebay? Did the seller co-operate with you for replacement? How fast was ebay support in responding to your queries?

I got a defective pen drive from ebay seller. The seller did not co-operate. It looked like the product was tampered and the seller did not co-operate to exchange it. ebay CC was extremely slow in responding. They took up to 1 week to respond to simple queries, and I had to roam to a lot of places to apply for replacement. Seller claimed that I damaged the product and I was supposed to prove that it was not my fault. I was expected to get the damage certificate from service center and few other places.

Is it really worth all this?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Did you get any defective products from ebay? Did the seller co-operate with you for replacement? How fast was ebay support in responding to your queries?

I got a defective pen drive from ebay seller. The seller did not co-operate. It looked like the product was tampered and the seller did not co-operate to exchange it. ebay CC was extremely slow in responding. They took up to 1 week to respond to simple queries, and I had to roam to a lot of places to apply for replacement. Seller claimed that I damaged the product and I was supposed to prove that it was not my fault. I was expected to get the damage certificate from service center and few other places.

1. never got a defective product. (thankfully)

but in one case product did not reach me on time, i just filed a refund claim and got back my money in 10 days.

did you make your purchase from a seller having a high rating? i never made a purchase unless i was sure that the seller was sending me a seal packed and genuine product.

aroraanant

Explorer
Even I m a very satisfied ebay buyer, have never got any defective piece, have got things worth 2-3 lakhs till date(or may be more).
But if the product was not delivered I have got a refund and have got the gifts on time as well all the times.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
did you make your purchase from a seller having a high rating? i never made a purchase unless i was sure that the seller was sending me a seal packed and genuine product.

Yes, I got the product from a seller with 100% rating and he had more than 500 positive reviews. Finally I felt that for a 400 or 500 bucks pendrive it doesn't make sense to roam around to service centers and stuff just to get fitness and dame certificates for the product. From then I'm using FK for purchasing costly products and ebay only for some cheap products not available in FK. For me, FK is the best.

gaurav_div

Broken In
Hello brother
well on ebay if the seller is giving you the seller warranty then that means that there if something happens to your phone whether hardware or software then you have to send the phone to the seller back to get repaired by courier whereas if u get manufacturer warranty then that would be better , means if something happens to your phone then you can get it repaired at service centres all over india ....so mainly see these things whether you are getting manufacturer warranty or seller warranty:cool:

Top Bottom