HTC One launched in India for Rs. 42,900, available April end

Krow

Crowman
Nobody cares about processor make or model numbers or theoretical benchmark stuff. All that matters is that we have a beautiful phone with a good camera that doesn't hang but doesn't have expandable storage. 43k is fairly good pricing considering that S4 will be above it and Butterfly was there too. With premium phones, every company wants to make money.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Nobody cares about processor make or model numbers or theoretical benchmark stuff. All that matters is that we have a beautiful phone with a good camera that doesn't hang but doesn't have expandable storage. 43k is fairly good pricing considering that S4 will be above it and Butterfly was there too. With premium phones, every company wants to make money.

This.
Good phone != Fastest numbers . Its amazing how often people forget that.

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
BTW you guys are forgetting about Xperia ZL which has the same specs as Z just isn't water and dust proof but has a dedicated camera key and removable battery and costs 3k lower than Z.

Kirtu Jindal

Broken In
A bit too expensive - HTC One is. Rumor has it that S4 wll be probably launched at the 43K mark, available online at around 40K mark. That will take the wind out of One's sail. Also, LG Optimus G Pro is waiting silently in the wings to see what everyone price their phones at.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
That's what I feel regards to S4's pricing too. But it'd be unfortuanate if the S4 kills the One. Its such a wonderful phone for all I know. I just dont wish to see good design die unable to face a relentless onslaught of GHz and cores and megapixels. That'd be a sad day.

ajaymailed

In the zone
And not to say how much lesser of a phone it is than the HTC One.
Rs.1400/- difference is more or less negligible.
its not much lesser or much more. its mostly subjective, about personal preferences.
If some people like the Design & Looks of the One, others prefer removable battery & SD Card of S4.
If Ones Ultrapixels are superior in low-light conditions, S4 Megapixels do exceedingly in well-lit conditions.
While Ones Zoe is awesome, S4 has overwhelming number of software features packed.
Battery, Hardware Performance are roughly similar. AMOLED Vs LCD is again based on personal preference.

If one gives importance to design, build & looks, then HTC One is definitely the choice. If looks aint a matter and focus is on brute force, features, performance then S4 is better choice.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
its not much lesser or much more. its mostly subjective, about personal preferences.
If some people like the Design & Looks of the One, others prefer removable battery & SD Card of S4.
If Ones Ultrapixels are superior in low-light conditions, S4 Megapixels do exceedingly in well-lit conditions.
While Ones Zoe is awesome, S4 has overwhelming number of software features packed.
Battery, Hardware Performance are roughly similar. AMOLED Vs LCD is again based on personal preference.

If one gives importance to design, build & looks, then HTC One is definitely the choice. If looks aint a matter and focus is on brute force, features, performance then S4 is better choice.
Nicely summed up.

Krow

Crowman

Most of them are gimmicks, so I won't count that as a positive. Otherwise fair enough.

The S4 is an incremental upgrade at best, while the HTC One represents proper innovation. I know which one I'd recommend.

ajaymailed

In the zone
Most of them are gimmicks, so I won't count that as a positive. Otherwise fair enough.
The S4 is an incremental upgrade at best, while the HTC One represents proper innovation. I know which one I'd recommend.
I agree, HTC had to come up with something new, they are struggling with falling market share and low profits, just like Blackberry did with Z10 and Nokia did with Lumia. While Samsung doesn't really need polycarbonate unibody designs or Ultrapixels when their plastic phones with high megapixels are selling like hot cakes, they just added more of everything which was already available in Galaxy S Series just like Apple did. Software was never the best strength Samsung had so they use their general strategy of overwhelming end user with number of features or gimmicks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom