HTC One launched in India for Rs. 42,900, available April end

ajaymailed

In the zone
I don't think so. Htc one has some 600 series chipset which was shown at CES 2013. But X:Z got S4 pro like nexus 4. Or maybe i am wrong someone else can clear it.
HTC One vs Sony Xperia Z: One to Z - GSMArena.com
Z uses S4 Pro which has original Krait Core while One uses 1.7 Ghz clocked Snapdragon 600 which uses more modern Krait 300. Its not entirely clear what design improvements qualcomm has made but benchmarks suggests good improvement in performance. Afterall Snapdragon 600/800 with Krait 300/400 are gonna compete with Cortex A15 based designs like Tegra 4 and Exynos 5.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
The Snapdragon 600 is just a minor update over the S4 Pro, something in the likes of of a cumulative 15% increase in executed instructions per clock. Not much to make or break any phone comparison tbh.

Krow

Crowman
Better to go for Xperia Z then which has a better camera and is also water and dust proof ;)

Xperia Z does not have a better camera. More megapixels doesn't mean better pictures. HTC One has the best low light camera since the 808 Pureview and Lumia 920. Also the speed at which it clicks pictures is excellent. HTC Zoe is a good addition, makes the camera app worth using. Try it once before judging.

Meanwhile, you guys must hold the One once. I got a handgasm when I held it. The only other device that's given me a handgasm is iPhone 5.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
It's good to see that the build quality of a non Apple phone is so good. And yeah the Camera is better than the Xperia Z.

Definitely want to get a hands-on experience of this phone soon :D

raksrules

Youngling
How does everyone know the build quality is good ? Do anyone here own it ? Or by reading reviews.
The sad part is even after adding cores and all the gimmicks does not guarantee a lag free experience. Hope that gets cleared out soon.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@raksrules yeah we don't own it. We read reviews. Read the review on Anandtech.com and you'll understand what we're talking off.

raksrules

Youngling
Glad to see all flagships coming to > 40K price range but i am pretty sure there won't be complaints because it had some 16 or more core processor and 1080p ore more screen with pixel density so high that human eye actually cannot distinguish it.

Although people would love HTC One for being classy and all there will be segment of people who will not have this because i believe it does not have removal battery or memory expansion capability.

raksrules

Youngling
why are these flagship models priced at 40-45k ? is it because of iphone 5?

Probably because they saw that if iPhone can charge premium why not we. Before when there were not many flagships even the high end phones were costing around 30K range but they started pushing the envelope and started to increase the price and through very good marketing of the features they even got people to pay.

Krow

Crowman
How does everyone know the build quality is good ? Do anyone here own it ? Or by reading reviews.
The sad part is even after adding cores and all the gimmicks does not guarantee a lag free experience. Hope that gets cleared out soon.

I had a review unit for five days. Trust me, the build is superb. I didn't test it on heavy games, but the phone was lag-free in my usage.

reddick

Mobile Freak
One thing I dnt understand that for what Apple is charging such an amount from it's customers in case of iPhone? We hv ample of options in that range. Is it is for style purpose or for what :evil:

raksrules

Youngling
One thing I dnt understand that for what Apple is charging such an amount from it's customers in case of iPhone? We hv ample of options in that range. Is it is for style purpose or for what :evil:

The same way a BMW /Ferrari charges a premium on its cars when even a Honda City will do most of the tasks of a BMW and may even have more features.
It is a premium segment right from start. Wasn't it so obvious.

quagmire

Allllright !
^ buddy! That thing runs a year OLD CPU

The Snapdragon 600 is just a minor update over the S4 Pro, something in the likes of of a cumulative 15% increase in executed instructions per clock. Not much to make or break any phone comparison tbh.

:+1: with pranav0091..

The S4 Pro and the Snapdragon 600 are basically the same chip. The model number is almost identical (APQ8064 vs APQ8064T; the Plus, Prime, and 800 all have very different model numbers), same fab process at 28 nm, same L0, L1, and L2 caches, same GPU. The difference is higher clock speed (max 1.7 vs max 1.9 GHz), and potentially a faster/bigger memory channel.

From Anandtech:

"At the core of the HTC One is a Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064Pro) SoC at 1.7 GHz. This is quad core Krait 300 (as opposed to 200 in MSM8960 or APQ8064) which brings a 15 percent increase in IPC as well as higher clocks (from 1.5 to 1.7 GHz), for about 20–30 percent higher overall CPU performance. This is still built on a 28nm LP process, and is analogous to the MSM8960Pro change from Krait 200 to 300, but for APQ8064. "

After reading this IMO, HTC One is not worth the extra money over SXZ or N4.. As a matter of fact one can get two N4s for that price :wink:..

What One gains in build quality it loses more in repairability: "The HTC One earned a 1 out of 10 for reparability" - iFixit

ZTR

Cyborg Agent
:+1: with pranav0091..

From Anandtech:

"At the core of the HTC One is a Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064Pro) SoC at 1.7 GHz. This is quad core Krait 300 (as opposed to 200 in MSM8960 or APQ8064) which brings a 15 percent increase in IPC as well as higher clocks (from 1.5 to 1.7 GHz), for about 20–30 percent higher overall CPU performance. This is still built on a 28nm LP process, and is analogous to the MSM8960Pro change from Krait 200 to 300, but for APQ8064. "

After reading this IMO, HTC One is not worth the extra money over SXZ or N4.. As a matter of fact one can get two N4s for that price :wink:..

What One gains in build quality it loses more in repairability: "The HTC One earned a 1 out of 10 for reparability" - iFixit

Yup

If I were to buy a high end droid right now I would either get the Xperia Z or Nexus 4

Top Bottom