Htc explorer trouble!!!!

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Hi guys...i am really excited about my new HTC Explorer...everything is working fine although i do have a strange trouble with the phone.

When i transfer music to my phone from the PC in a data storage mode...it shows the transfer and i can also play the music on the phone after the transfer is complete but after some hours when i search for music on the phone it shows "No Data" on the music widget and the "Astro File Manager" doesn't show any mp3 file anywhere on the phone...
:-?

Any help???? :cry:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Thats a strange problem.
Maybe Firmware Bug.
Make sure firmware running is up to date.
Use OTA to update it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. Try updating Firmware to latest one.

Also try to format the memory card. backup everything and do a format. might solve.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
The first notification the phone showed after connecting to the net was "updates available" and i applied them. So the phone is on the latest firmware might have to try the formatting option, but it's strange cause i can see other photos which are in the SD card...just the mp3 files keep vanishing.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Hey bro i got something.
Check these links:
HTC EVO 4G:Music to SD Card keeps disappearing - Android Forums
HTC Desire:Music keeps disappearing... - Android Forums

Both links are about same problem as yours and points to 2 major causes:
1.Fake SD Cards.
2.HTC Fw BUG.

One of that guy got his problem fixed by formatting the card.Try that.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Hey bro i got something.
Check these links:
HTC EVO 4G:Music to SD Card keeps disappearing - Android Forums
HTC Desire:Music keeps disappearing... - Android Forums

Both links are about same problem as yours and points to 2 major causes:
1.Fake SD Cards.
2.HTC Fw BUG.

One of that guy got his problem fixed by formatting the card.Try that.

I saw those links earlier but wanted to try something else...so i hooked up the phone to the PC in data storage mode...put the music files in 3 different folders i.e. 1. DCIM/Songs/ (DCIM is automatically created and i made a folder named songs inside it) 2. Downloads (Automatically created folder)..3. Music (Created by me)

Now the files are working fine in the first two folders but the music file in "Music" folder keeps disappearing. So i don't mind that cause i can keep the music in any of the two working places but it is a rather strange "BIMARI"(illness) :p

@thetechfreak I am sure those were phone updates because i have received updates regarding the apps two time till now and when i click on them the market(Yesterday updated to "Google Play") opens up but it didnt happen the first time.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
justme101 said:
@thetechfreak I am sure those were phone updates because i have received updates regarding the apps two time till now and when i click on them the market(Yesterday updated to "Google Play") opens up but it didnt happen the first time.
Friend, Google Play gets updated like any other app. I could update to it without any change in OS.

You can update firmware from phone, using Settings menu or else from desktop by using this HTC software.

HTC Explorer Product Support ? HTC Help Center

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Friend, Google Play gets updated like any other app. I could update to it without any change in OS.

You can update firmware from phone, using Settings menu or else from desktop by using this HTC software.

HTC Explorer Product Support ? HTC Help Center

OK i checked for an update and it showed that there is an update available and it's around 29 MB...so tell me this, will this occupy the internal storage???? this is a big concern for me cause as you know the explorer is already low on memory and i have only 72 MB available now...????

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Yes. If you feel there is too less space, you can always move apps to the memory card. Just use a application called apps2sd.

Although updating should use much new space.

Sujeet

Undead!!!
Software updates available. from manufacturer not always are meant for firmware updates or Bug fixes.Sometimes those updates contains upgrade package for pre installed apps which means phone memory will be used since preloaded apps are installed mainly on phone memory by manufacturer.

Compare your current fw version with the version of update to make sure update pack is meant for original fw.

By the way all fw updates are patched directly to ROM not internal storage.
However from my experience i can tell there will be slight reduction in phone memory after update.

Last edited:
OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
I just manually checked for updates and it showed as system update available...but the fw version it was showing was older than my current fw version...so i decided to skip the update..and i just checked a site which shows how to move almost all of the apps to the SD card without rooting the phone...i dont know if you guys have seen it yet...this is the link:

*www.bongizmo.com/blog/moving-all-android-apps-to-sdcard-apps2sd-froyo/

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
OK i checked for an update and it showed that there is an update available and it's around 29 MB...so tell me this, will this occupy the internal storage???? this is a big concern for me cause as you know the explorer is already low on memory and i have only 72 MB available now...????

internal memory shouldn't be affected. as it is a system update i.e. bug fixes it'll most likely replace some files. internal memory shouldn't decrease but will get erased during update. also even if internal memory decreases, it'll go down by a few MBs at max.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
OK the music folder problem is still there after firmware update..but as i said it doesn't bother me much. Thank you all for your valuable inputs. :)

Top Bottom