HTC Explorer Discussion Thread

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Has any of the HTC Explorer owners here tried Firefox Mobile on it?

I could not install it on a friend's Samsung Galaxy Y because it needs 512 MB RAM.
But since HTC Explorer has a low 90 MB of user storage, how will it work day-to-day, if Firefox Mobile can be installed there?

-------------------------------

I have changed the title of the thread to reflect the ongoing discussions about the phone as a whole.

Last edited:
OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I appreciate your suggestion. But I have dreamed of running Firefox on mobile for such a long time that I do not want to regret this decision later. I could not afford Nokia N900 earlier.

I regularly use Firefox across all of my Desktop/Netbook OS installations. The Sync feature if possible will just make it beautiful.

So back to the original question, has anyone else tried Firefox Mobile on the HTC Explorer or is anyone willing to check it out for me? Please ...

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I understand.

Since I already use Firefox on multiple OS installations spanning Desktop / Netbook, the sync facility of Firefox would help me.
And I like Firefox for whatever the reason it is.

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
[aroraanant]

Thanks a lot. Now I will peacefully go and buy it.

OR should I wait for the newly announced low end Sony androids? Not enough information is available but may be slightly better in config? ;)

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
I use dolphin browser hd on my explorer and no problems with it... Even Firefox is fine .. almost everything can be moved to the sd card

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Thanks for all the help.

At last, I did order HTC Explorer. Later ended up changing it to Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman.

Got it today and installed Firefox on it right away. It is working good now.

rohitshe

Broken In
Can you tell me experince with LWW as I planning to buy it.
Just want to know for how much time battery lasts after normal uses..

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
It is really early days yet with the new phone. So difficult to comment about battery life. Coming from Symbian land, it does feel like drainage is fast.

With all the installations, trying out software etc. it is hardly lasting a day.

May be after a week or so we will know the real picture.

rohitshe

Broken In
Finally I bought HTC explorer on saturday.
But I am facing one problem.My internet coneection is very slow.
It is lot of time to watch videos on you tube also even it is taking lot of time to load any webpage.

I am using tata docomo sim.
Please help me how can I get better speed?

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
What is the type of your connection 2G/EDGE or 3G?
YouTube videos will terribly slow if it is 2G.
Tata Docomo 3G coverage is limited to very few places.

rohitshe

Broken In
I am using 2G connection.
Can you tell me how to activate edge network?
Also which is good file manager to use ?I have downloaded one but it is
not well.
Also please tell me how to optimize battery backup?

Thanks in advence

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
HTC Explorer Discussion

Almost all 2G networks are EDGE these days, I think. So no need to activate EDGE.

Astro File Manager is supposed to be a good one. Also try File Manager by Rhythm Software.

Need to keep monitoring the running applications through Settings > Applications. Close all those which are not needed. (Start with those which you have used but do need to be running in the background.)

Last edited:

rohitshe

Broken In
I installed Rhytm softwares file manager and it is good.
Thank u very much.
Just one question cant we move facebook app to app?
If yes how dhould i do it?

OP
sling-shot

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I have no idea about your querry. I have never actually used a HTC Explorer. There are plenty of people on this forum who must have it. Hope they will answer your querry.

techlover

In the zone
Thank u very much.

no not really but
you can after you root your mobile ... you can even try this if u want (it doesnt require rooting :D )
How to Install Android Apps to the SD Card by Default & Move Almost Any App to the SD Card - How-To Geek

DevilGamer

Broken In
Thank u very much.

IF you don't want to root then try this Forcing Apps to install to the SD card without root - Android Forums

Top Bottom