HTC Desire HD to get Gingerbread Motorola DEFY will enjoy Froyo

pauldmps

Banned
Source: HTC Desire HD to get Gingerbread Motorola DEFY will enjoy Froyo - GSMArena.com news

The French carrier SFR announced a schedule for the Android updates for HTC Desire HD and Motorola DEFY. The Desire HD will get a Gingerbread update in the first half of April, while the Motorola DEFY will taste Froyo by the end of April.

Both updates are right on schedule. If the SFR info is right we guess the rest of the world will get them about the same time.

OP
pauldmps

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Atleast they are providing an update. I wouldn't expect an update from them given their past record.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
hahaha .. They have big time issues man, they make such a good phones but software department takes an year to make up the build after the SDK release from google.

Soumik

Padawan
They should hire us Indians to work for them. We would make it faster than Google themselves. (Saying it to promote my line of work :p)

Qury, I heard even with Froyo, i cant install apps outside the internal card. Is that true for all phones? I heard its true for SGSL.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
They should hire us Indians to work for them. We would make it faster than Google themselves. (Saying it to promote my line of work :p)

Qury, I heard even with Froyo, i cant install apps outside the internal card. Is that true for all phones? I heard its true for SGSL.

High end Android phones are now going the iPhone route. They provide large internal memory for apps and games... which is a lot faster and improves user experience... and an SD card slot mainly for pictures, videos and music.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ So its true.. we cant install apps outside of internal memory! What the hell was the fuzz with the Froyo release anyways? That was the most important update in my opinion that would bring up the capabilities of low end Androids. Instead it just separated the gap between high end and low end. Making it faster, flash capable, etc, all are dependent on whether u have high end hardware inside your phone. It doesnt help low end segment anyway. So, why should one worry about updates while buying anything less than 15K?

anyone here tried the leaked Froyo official rom for Defy? Can anyone give me a link for what all moto is updating or fixing in this release... kinda like release notes for Defy Froyo?

Top Bottom