HP Veer for 7.8K on Ebay, Good buy?

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Hi all,
My mom needs a new phone. She only uses the phone for calls and has been using a Nokia 1110 for all these years, which has gone kaput. :p

I thought, why not give her a HP Veer? It is small and easily handled, has a smooth OS, easy to operate(not too sure about this but from the reviews online, it seems that way). She will slowly learn all the other features. Apps don't matter much. Is it a good buy at that price point? Or should I get her another b&w phone like the Nokia 1280.

Is the phone gonna work in India? She has an Airtel prepaid connection.

She just needs a phone that is easy to use.

Here is the link in ebay for the phone: *www.ebay.in/itm/HP-VEER-4G-MOBILE-...ile_Phones&hash=item19d1b165cd#ht_1573wt_1141

Any other phones in that price range you guys might wanna suggest?

V.VAIDYA

Broken In
Better than china phones for about 3-4k , but at 8k i got htc explorer this is the best smartphone or you could look at other options .
Dont buy --officially discontinued , no apps , imported stale peice , no service center , virtually you are paying too much for a peice of junk.

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Bought Nokia 100 for now. But please keep on recommending more models. The 100 will land into someone else's hands soon. :p

red dragon

Master troll
Better than china phones for about 3-4k , but at 8k i got htc explorer this is the best smartphone or you could look at other options .
Dont buy --officially discontinued , no apps , imported stale peice , no service center , virtually you are paying too much for a peice of junk.

Have you even seen or use Veer for once!?
May be discontinued,but it is still far better than the crappy Android phone you are using!!
You people boast about multitasking in Android,just try the dead Web os for once to see what is called real multitasking!

OP
papul1993

papul1993

not a newbie.....
Have you even seen or use Veer for once!?
May be discontinued,but it is still far better than the crappy Android phone you are using!!
You people boast about multitasking in Android,just try the dead Web os for once to see what is called real multitasking!

Yeah. One of the reason wanted a veer. WebOS is awesome. But bad decisions ruined it.

Top Bottom