HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

xs.dhaval

Broken In
Re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Just a random thought:

I dont use any graphic intesive applications, can I disable one of my GPUs to improve battery life?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Just a random thought:

I dont use any graphic intesive applications, can I disable one of my GPUs to improve battery life?

use APU graphics and low performance (from AMD CCC).

As you can see the, the difference is obvious and rather difficult for me to even interpret but the Bus speed of both lappys quiet noticiable.....Mine being just a half of him....

clockspeed matters, not bus speed. usually bus speed remains constant and the multiplier is increases/decreased forcing the clockspeed high or low. You don't need to worry about any of these things :)
bus speed is usually altered when overclocking to attain stability under high clockspeed. Don't know why the bus speed decreased in your case. But as clockspeed is same, doesn't make any difference.

Further-----> I’m also suffering from a little but considerable loss in Graphics Benchmarks as my both GPU's are not working at there full juice as well as frequent disconnections/re connection problem with USB 3.0 port connected with my external HDD and that is really frustrating .

check for USB 3.0 driver update. won't recommend you to do this, but if you want to, download the updated driver package from AMD site (if any as it is part of the A70M southbridge) and test again.

HP technician suggested me to leave Win 7 ultimate which i have and go for fresh install of windows 7 home basic as well as update the windows and drivers.

if your windows is not updated, better update it. no need to switch from Ultimate to HB.

and i'm 100 % sure ..the performance issue is something driver related.:Fingerx:

what kind of loss in graphics benchmark are your facing? don't point to WEI.

sh4r4th

Right off the assembly line

Now a proud owner of HP pavilion g6 2201AX. Can I be number 68, Mr.Creator?:-D
by the way, I'm facing major graphics issues. Even GTA san andreas is lagging like crazy..! Please help me Sam, akbsol...anyone!:-(

Last edited:

NovicePJ

Hey all digitizers!!

I bought 2010ax 1week ago but couldn't install win7 64bit till now :cry:
while expanding files it stops randomly at 30-40% and says cannot find drivers blah blah
i tried with many installation media.
note: I'm using USB installation only and it is perfectly installing on other system.
also I can install win7 32bit but not 64bit.strange :oops:

plz can anybody check and tell if they had similar issues with it. any workaround?
nw i feel 2010ax sucks wid no os and drivers. :evil:

hiteshlastm

Broken In

what kind of loss in graphics benchmark are your facing? don't point to WEI.

Thanks for clearing my issues....the Graphic benchmark was heaven and now the problem is vanished....benchmarks are working upto the mark only when i add them in 3D application high performance setting in application profile....strange isn't it and works a little lame when i remove them......
whatever the performance is great now....

I will inform you if something new will appear.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Hey all digitizers!!

while expanding files it stops randomly at 30-40% and says cannot find drivers blah blah
note: I'm using USB installation only and it is perfectly installing on other system.

plz can anybody check and tell if they had similar issues with it. any workaround?

That's strange, never heard of the issue.

hiteshlastm

Broken In

Hey all digitizers!!

I tried it with windows Ultimate 64 bit and everything was smooth........btw which version of 7 you are having problem with....
Are you using some machine specific OEM disk...? Try some other disc with different vesion of windows 7 . Try it with a real disc ...usb installation is a pain in the neck in some situations.

Last edited:

anujsetia

I just saw the review of aksbol and goblin and noticed that the performance as well as the hardware config snaps is a little different from mine........
Apart from having a little performance degradation in Benchmarks and a little change of snaps on same config and settings
This is the main thing which is driving me crazy

Take a look at the CPU-Z snap of me and aksbol :chinscratch:
this--->View attachment 7744

As you can see the, the difference is obvious and rather difficult for me to even interpret but the Bus speed of both lappys quiet noticiable.....Mine being just a half of him....

Your friend's laptop has an older version of CPU-Z installed & it seems it didn't detect the processor & its features properly. See it doesn't even identify the processor name: a8-4500m

rish89

Broken In

Is hp g6 2010 worth 1000 more.....or should get hp g6 2005ax with a cooler....suggestions pls

hiteshlastm

Broken In

Is hp g6 2010 worth 1000 more.....or should get hp g6 2005ax with a cooler....suggestions pls

Depend on your requirement.....2010 comes with more HDD and RAM..but also remember 4 GB is more than sufficient for most of the people....rest of the config is same...
I would suggest you to wait for a extended warranty offer in the time to come.....or buy 2005AX from a local dealer..

xs.dhaval

Broken In

Hey all digitizers!!

I too had many problems using bootable USB, cant figure out real problem. Maybe drivers missing or compatibility issue?

Just try using DVD. Why cant you use dvd???

Last edited:

manmeet

Dear experts,
Have recently purchased G6 2005-AX. It came with Windows 7 basic, which I have upgraded it to Windows 8 (Fresh Install + deleted all the original partitions !)
Now I face no problem except Fan speed. I have already disabled the "always on'" feature in BIOS, but problem remains. I have also downloaded & installed Coolsense driver 2.10.42 from here but again no success.

I have noted that Jaskanwar, has mentioned in post#928 almost the same problem, but has not come up to mention if he has actually solved this problem.
Guidance is required,

Regards,
Manmeet.

Hi
Have upgraded the BISO from F.08 to F.14 + Power Option set to "power saver mode" + Disabled always ON feature in new BIOS + reinstalled Coolsense V2.10.42.

I found this page in HP giving description to solve FAN noise problem. But problem remains.

NovicePJ

I tried it with windows Ultimate 64 bit and everything was smooth........btw which version of 7 you are having problem with....
Are you using some machine specific OEM disk...? Try some other disc with different vesion of windows 7 . Try it with a real disc ...usb installation is a pain in the neck in some situations.

more strange i tried vista 64bit dell oem disk and it got installed..
but tried win7 64bit two diff. iso via usb and both failed at expanding files step saying required files corrupt.
nw only dvd method left..but skeptical it wil work coz i have same iso that i tried with pendrive..clueless :|

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

if you have installed vista, simply upgrade to Windows 7 from inside windows.

hiteshlastm

Broken In

more strange i tried vista 64bit dell oem disk and it got installed..
but tried win7 64bit two diff. iso via usb and both failed at expanding files step saying required files corrupt.
nw only dvd method left..but skeptical it wil work coz i have same iso that i tried with pendrive..clueless :|

I'm sure that the DVD method will work......

DVD~ the way its meant to be installed :-D

rish89

Broken In

Pls Suggest a good cooling pad and mice combo within rs.1000 for these laptops.....

Hey all digitizers!!

don't know about 2010.. but i installed windows 7 ultimate on 2005ax after installing windows 8... both are working perfectly

Top Bottom