HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

I am sorry but I am very knew to this software, can you tell me how you were able to make out that just the discrete GPU is enabled by looking at that picture?

Because its showing temp of only GPU, if iGPU had been active, then its temp must be visible (HwMonitor must be updated)

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Ah okay, this might be a silly question but when does the integrated one gets activated?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Ah okay, this might be a silly question but when does the integrated one gets activated?

Depends on switchable graphics settings. By default whenever it detects a GPU intensive "app/game".

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Ah so this means like when I am not using any heavy app or a heavy game then just the discrete one works but when I do something heavy then both get switched on. Right?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Ah so this means like when I am not using any heavy app or a heavy game then just the discrete one works but when I do something heavy then both get switched on. Right?

No, when you work on normal apps, then iGPU works, if heavy apps, then either discrete/both(APU), dependent on you CCC settings.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

when this Enduro thing comes up, there will be a major change. iGPU will work all the time regardless of what you are doing but fGPU will take the extra load when you do graphics intense work. now like it or not you'll have to use X-Fire. No way out. For now you can turn iGPU off (thats what i think it is) or at least make the iGPU to not participate in games that have -ve impact from crossfire but with Enduro, iGPU will be turned on permanently and only dGPU will have optional use.

My guess is, unless AMD take care of new/old all games, scene will turn really ugly as some games may refuse to run on Xfire and iGPU is too weak to handle. Then keep waiting for (massive 150MB) driver updates.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

I couldnt understand much of what you said because I dont have much idea about this Enduro, Crossfire etc stuff. But tell me one thing, from day one my laptop is having all the switchable graphics settings at default, I have not made a single change related to graphics so incase I play a heavy game then will I get the maximum potential from my GPU (intergrated as well as dedicated) or do I need to do something to get the best out of it?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

I couldnt understand much of what you said because I dont have much idea about this Enduro, Crossfire etc stuff. But tell me one thing, from day one my laptop is having all the switchable graphics settings at default, I have not made a single change related to graphics so incase I play a heavy game then will I get the maximum potential from my GPU (intergrated as well as dedicated) or do I need to do something to get the best out of it?

Crossfire = Running two AMD cards parallely. Here, its iGPU and dGPU. Its also called/termed as asymmetric crossfiring (in case of APUs). Now, this graphics switching in laptop is given a name by AMD called "enduro", same as "optimus" by nVidia.

For games to max out in case of APUs, it depends a lot on nature of game. If it utilises crossfiring well, then good, otherwise it even return negative result. Plus, sometimes games are not recognised by CCC, so you need to manually assign them via CCC.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Very well explained there, Sujay. So does this mean that it differs from game to game? I mean is there a chance that with a great GPU like our laptop has, some games might work at highest settings and some games might be as bad as junk?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Very well explained there, Sujay. So does this mean that it differs from game to game? I mean is there a chance that with a great GPU like our laptop has, some games might work at highest settings and some games might be as bad as junk?

That's only in the case of ACF, as the drivers are in nascent stage. Let the drivers be more mature, it significantly make switching more effective.

PS: I made some mistakes in previous post, edited them, go through it again.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Wow all this gaming and graphics stuff seems like a whole new thing, I will read and study about this after my exams.

bhupati

Broken In

- sometimes after log on the screen starts flickering very badly and goes blank for about 1 sec,
seeing this i changed the refresh rate of screen to 40 Hz, then the flickering stopped.
- but when i again log on with 40 Hz refresh rate the screen went black after the boot logo, and i have to do a
system restore via safe mode to solve it, and when flickering after log on i changed the refresh rate to 40 hz, the
screen went normal , and i changed back it to 60 hz because i cannot boot with 40 Hz settings..
I use 12.8 version of catalyst.. is there any problem with it??

I have the same problem after clean installing windows. Check this -
*superuser.com/questions/267779/get-black-screen-at-logon-welcome
12.8 catalyst has some issues, as I have mentioned some GPU optimized apps (like vReveal Video Enhancement Software - Fix Dark, Shaky, Noisy, Blurry, Low-Resolution Videos | www.vreveal.com) doesn't works. Also SATA and USB3 controller are not included in the package for that you need the default AMD drivers in your SwSetup folder.
Enduro should fix this, till then avoid 12.8 as gains are insignificant and its not fully trinity optimised.

Please some one tell me weather i will be able to recover my lap using recovery partition and restore original windows??
And how can i do it ???

I'd avoid using recovery partition as it takes an obscene amount of time even with "minimal image restore". Better to get a win7 iso (Windows 7 w/o SP1 and SP1 Media Refresh - Direct Download Links), Backup SwSetup and use the product key at the base of your laptop to activate.

Okay good to know that coolsense works but now the question arises, what will I do when I install windows 8 ? It won't have coolsense, so is it downloadable?....Yeah, I found it. Thanks: HP CoolSense Technology - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Cool sense and Quick Launch are the only sensible preinstalled app, but the ones in the SwSetup folder won't install without HP Support Assistant (How to get HP Coolsense software working again after clean i... - HP Support Forum). Also the link you posted is of an older 2.0 version ours is 2.10C1

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

bhupati;17 Also the link you posted is of an older 2.0 version ours is 2.10C1[/QUOTE said:
I am sorry about that, didn't notice.

anuj kumar

Broken In

hi
I have hp g6 2005ax which i have bought 1 month ago.

when i shutdown the system it come to the shutting down..and it continue but window is not able to shut down.....i dont know how to solve this issue please help me...

Top Bottom