HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

sam9953

True Manchester City fan
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Hey guys can you tell me how can I open AMD vision engine control centre when I need to? Secondly do you guys also face problem with the sound when connecting the laptop to a TV via HDMI cable?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for first option, Desktop> right click> ccc. i hope you meant catalyst control center as i have not seen anything called vision control center.

Good News :grin:
The biggest news with the latest iteration of Enduro is that AMD is planning to make universal reference drivers available for all the Enduro laptops. It’s not clear precisely what that means, but potentially any laptop with Dynamic Switchable Graphics or later (e.g. PX4.0 and later) would be supported by AMD’s “reference” drivers. That’s huge, and if AMD can deliver it will assuage most of our concerns with their hardware/software. Hopefully none of the OEMs get bent out of shape or refuse to allow support, which is a problem we've seen in the past. We should see the first public release in the next month or two, and then another release somewhere in the November/December timeframe.
*i.imgur.com/FeOOZ.jpg
*i.imgur.com/dzoHA.jpg

this is huge cause current AMD CCC is all messed up and assigning a game to use use a particular power source requires one to bang his head for more than a day. I been playing with AMD CCC for almost 6-7yrs now and it took me several hours to find why games run fast at times and slow at others and finally to configure it the right way. Will help the rest of 99.9% peoples who have no idea what switchable graphics is.

Source: AMD’s Enduro Switchable Graphics Levels Up

bhupati

Broken In
AMD Enduro looks promising and notebookcheck did a review of a supported model -
*www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-Series-5-535U4C-Notebook.80531.0.html
Although our G6 has the same processor platform the GPU isn't a "Graphics Core Next" or GCN model, wonder whether Enduro will be made available. I'll search more on this.

BTW today I experienced the most unprofessional treatment by HP. They put my 3 years warranty claim on hold because the price was hiked to 1700. The shocking part is that I registered and duly submitted documents during the previous price bracket of 1133 and was even sent a confirmation mail by HP instructing me to pay that price.
Now they're saying the cheque I've sent is "wrong" and that I have to send new cheque for 1700 "within two days" or else they'll reject my claim which is completely ridiculous as couriers take at least 4 days to deliver from my place.
I'm baffled!

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

@bhupati it is really sad to hear your case.
@sam, yes this is the right thing, but I am not able to find the settings of other things, like audio and video etc.

I face a lot of trouble while viewing output to TV.

duke123

In the zone

AMD Enduro looks promising and notebookcheck did a review of a supported model -
Review Samsung Series 5 535U4C Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
Although our G6 has the same processor platform the GPU isn't a "Graphics Core Next" or GCN model, wonder whether Enduro will be made available. I'll search more on this.

BTW today I experienced the most unprofessional treatment by HP. They put my 3 years warranty claim on hold because the price was hiked to 1700. The shocking part is that I registered and duly submitted documents during the previous price bracket of 1133 and was even sent a confirmation mail by HP instructing me to pay that price.
Now they're saying the cheque I've sent is "wrong" and that I have to send new cheque for 1700 "within two days" or else they'll reject my claim which is completely ridiculous as couriers take at least 4 days to deliver from my place.
I'm baffled!

did you talk with HP customer care...this warranty and redemption offers are maintained by Solutions integrated services which is handled not by HP(dont know why)...i also faced a problem few years back with a redemption offer as these guys never processed it...but i contacted HP customer service and they help[ me resolve the problem...

aAdirulz

Broken In

hwy I jst wana know how to change the brightness or change the temp on this lappe
plz guide a step by step

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^for brightness please press f3 key to increase and f2 key to decrease. I don't know about temp.

Guys please help me with the sound trouble.

rish1

Cyborg Agent

Hi , guys logging in after a long time here , is overclock possible now more than 2.3 ghz or not ? and @manojbhagat bro , i dont think kacchha bill helps in warranty , so it is equivalent to no bill . I haven't purchased any cell phones except nokia and whenever i visited nokia customer care they never ask for bill , i have got my 2 phones repaired 3 -4 times now. so dont know about other brands.

EDIT - Ohh i totally forgot i purchased HTC Explorer today only for Rs 7200 , will receive it in 3-4 days . i hope i don't have to go to customer care .

LoneWanderer

Broken In

hwy I jst wana know how to change the brightness or change the temp on this lappe
plz guide a step by step

Right click...click graphics properties...AMD Vision Engine Control Centre opens..
Under 'Desktops and Displays'...click on 'My Built-in Displays'...then click 'Display Color'...and magic!!! :lol:
If u figure out the perfect hue,saturation.brightness,contrast,color temp combo...i will be forever in ur debt if u cud post them here..coz i have been tryin nd tryin..but i still dont like the display..:-(

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Guys is there anyway to make the sound by default to speaker but when connected to TV via HDMI then it automatically changes to TV and I don't have to configure it each time?

sagarsoni

Sagar

hi sam. i am going to buy hp pavilion g6 2005ax today. it comes with windows 7 home basic. it i upgrade it using windows anytime upgrade (entering fake key, searched on internet), will my windows remains genuine? will it affect my laptop performance?
thanks in advance.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

hi sam. i am going to buy hp pavilion g6 2005ax today. it comes with windows 7 home basic. it i upgrade it using windows anytime upgrade (entering fake key, searched on internet), will my windows remains genuine? will it affect my laptop performance?
thanks in advance.

You still haven't bought the laptop? We had the convesation two weeks back. Anyway, you will already have genuine home basic so you will not need to enter any key, Your laptop performance will not be affected even if you use a pirated OS.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
thanks in advance.

my friend tried this and his OS entered trial mode (3days left to activate, etc). Instead try any mods or hacks to enable missing feature. Only thing that i missed is the personalize option (& windows transparency) which i guess can be enabled without indulging in piracy or trying WAU keys.

sagarsoni

Sagar

You still haven't bought the laptop? We had the convesation two weeks back. Anyway, you will already have genuine home basic so you will not need to enter any key, Your laptop performance will not be affected even if you use a pirated OS.

i will ask to order this laptop to shopkeeper. i visited so many shops and they said that they have no listender about this laptop before. other said amd processor cannot be repaired. they suggested my laptops under rs.35,000 which were i3.

how can personlization and transparency enabled in home basic. if so, i will enable it as soon i get my new laptop

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

how can personlization and transparency enabled in home basic. if so, i will enable it as soon i get my new laptop

Aero Enabler. don't know about personalize. Google about it. should be possible too.

dhiman33

Broken In

Hey all, anyone having problem with hibernation? I'm using 12.8 catalyst drivers, and everytime when I try to resume windows,the screen just becomes white and stay frozen,I have to then force a shutdown..anyone knows how to solve this?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

try disabling hibernation. deleting the hibernation file and turn on again after a reboot.

LoneWanderer

Broken In

how long does it take for you guys to charge the lappy completely ie from 15%(this is when it asks you to connect to an external power source) to 100%(when the light..glows white) ???

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

^I haven't actually noticed the time because I usually keep the charger connected but I believe it does take me something like 2 hours, I believe, I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom