HP Pavilion 15/G6 - powered by AMD Trinity/Kabini/Richland

bhupati

Broken In
For me it takes less than two hours, around 1.40 to charge.

BTW I think there's some "evil trickery" in our machines that disables the use of LiveCDs. I tried Ubuntu but after booting into the option screen no matter what I choose, live mode or installation mode, it ends up restarting. I also tried my old XP disc but after booting and setup screen same thing happens.
This can be troubling for Linux fans or even those trying to clean install their system.
I will try Windows 7 usb next...

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
re: HP G6 2005AX/2010AX/2201AX - powered by Trinity

Guys i have some queries but dont want to post a new thread.

1. Can i play Mafia 2 on 3rd Gen i3 with Intel HD 4000 @ med/high settings ?
2. Does Hp G6 2005ax is sufficient (CPU wise) for daily computing like Web browsing,music, movies etc. ?
3. Does Hp G6 2005ax is get heated while daily computing coz i will put it in my lap.?
As we all know that G6 2005ax reachs 95c while gaming, is that much temp does any harm to the machine?
plz relpy guys.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

check this link: Intel HD Graphics 4000.
And this is the conclusion about M2 at notebookcheck: The benchmarks indicate that the game is not playable in the tested settings.

2. Does Hp G6 2005ax is sufficient (CPU wise) for daily computing like Web browsing,music, movies etc. ?

read the last 2 pages. explained in details.

3. Does Hp G6 2005ax is get heated while daily computing coz i will put it in my lap.?

no.

As we all know that G6 2005ax reachs 95c while gaming, is that much temp does any harm to the machine?

almost all laptops touch ~90 when you game with GPU at full load. just the heating area will be different.

RON28

Cyborg Agent

Guys i have some queries but dont want to post a new thread.

plz relpy guys.

for you i ran MAFIA II on INTEL HD 4000 at low settings and here are the results...
*i50.tinypic.com/33pblmh.jpg

i suggest you to have atleast a dedicated graphic to play latest games at decent fps. this laptop HP G6 2005AX can run this game fluently on high settings.

bhupati

Broken In
But for me it always restarts after the setup screen like the first link i posted.

Another problem I got was with vReveal (recommended by AMD's "CoolApps") doesn't works with catalyst 12.8 drivers, fails to start. But it worked when i switched back to the default drivers.
BTW GPU acceleration isn't that much faster while processing H.264 VGA videos:
uploadfromtaptalk1347354619897.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1347354648333.jpg

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Sorry guys that I am cutting in like that but I want to ask one thing I recently installed Windows Ultimate on another partition on my HP G6 2005AX and I saw that the fan was blowing very warm air but when I am using the default Windows Basic which was there whe I bought this device, the fan was normal. Does it mean that the "HP coolsense" software helps in keeping the laptop cool or is it something else?

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

yes obviously. coolsense = auto fan control software. i am not sure what other such software are there but coolsense really works.

dhiman33

Broken In

but the site says coolsense is only available on hp pavillion dm3 pc's!! and how would it work.!!.. :(

" Automatic detection system uses the motion sensor in your notebook PC to sense where your PC is being used and automatically adjust the cooling."

is there any motion sensor thingy in our notebook!!.. :O

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Okay good to know that coolsense works but now the question arises, what will I do when I install windows 8 ? It won't have coolsense, so is it downloadable? Any alternatives? I don't want my PC to keep blowing super warm air for no reason.

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

but the site says coolsense is only available on hp pavillion dm3 pc's!! and how would it work.!!.. :(

" Automatic detection system uses the motion sensor in your notebook PC to sense where your PC is being used and automatically adjust the cooling."

is there any motion sensor thingy in our notebook!!.. :O

i doubt it'll detect so much. maybe when gaming/load the fan speeds up and at other time, slows down.

Okay good to know that coolsense works but now the question arises, what will I do when I install windows 8 ? It won't have coolsense, so is it downloadable? Any alternatives? I don't want my PC to keep blowing super warm air for no reason.

isn't there any link to download it or check if it is provided with the driver package in the C drive.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Yeah, I found it. Thanks: HP CoolSense Technology - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Its also in the SW folder in C drive.

aswinarjun99

Broken In

hi trinity friends,
i am facing a weird issue now,
- sometimes after log on the screen starts flickering very badly and goes blank for about 1 sec,
seeing this i changed the refresh rate of screen to 40 Hz, then the flickering stopped.
- but when i again log on with 40 Hz refresh rate the screen went black after the boot logo, and i have to do a
system restore via safe mode to solve it, and when flickering after log on i changed the refresh rate to 40 hz, the
screen went normal , and i changed back it to 60 hz because i cannot boot with 40 Hz settings..

I use 12.8 version of catalyst.. is there any problem with it??

Also about the Battery life, Its reduced to around 1.30 - 1.45 Hr drastically :( ..
earlier i was getting around 2.30 hrs..
i used a duplicate charger for one week coz i forgot the original charger at work place, but i checked the
voltage output of the charger is 19 v while buying it..
will the duplicate charger cause damage to the battery ?

Please Help..

Hi friends..

For partitioning the C drive, I have used acronis utility and since all of the 4 partitions in this lap are primary partitions , i have changed the recovery partition to a logical one and created a new logical partition after formating the c drive and installed Win 7 Ultimate 64.

Please some one tell me weather i will be able to recover my lap using recovery partition and restore original windows??

And how can i do it ???

OP
coderunknown

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Also about the Battery life, Its reduced to around 1.30 - 1.45 Hr drastically :( ..
earlier i was getting around 2.30 hrs..

i have a feeling both GPU are on. or processor is never clocked down. got an idea. check the battery capacity with HWMonitor and post here.

i used a duplicate charger for one week coz i forgot the original charger at work place, but i checked the
voltage output of the charger is 19 v while buying it..
will the duplicate charger cause damage to the battery ?

shouldn't.

For partitioning the C drive, I have used acronis utility and since all of the 4 partitions in this lap are primary partitions , i have changed the recovery partition to a logical one and created a new logical partition after formating the c drive and installed Win 7 Ultimate 64.
Please some one tell me weather i will be able to recover my lap using recovery partition and restore original windows??

recovery software won't check if you are having 1 or 10 drive. it requires the space and the recovery image or whatever you created.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

aswinarjun99 said:

It won't. For a partition to boot, it has to be a primary partition, true at least for windows. You must not mess with recovery partition.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

Sujay is totally right, that 20 GB which is occupied by the recovery partition should not be touched at all, you never know when it might come in handy.

sam9953

True Manchester City fan

I am sorry but I am very knew to this software, can you tell me how you were able to make out that just the discrete GPU is enabled by looking at that picture?

Top Bottom