HP Envy TouchSmart 15-J001TX

Terabyte

In the zone
Remove your comments right now before I ask moderator to take some serious action against you.
Err...why would I remove my comment if its totally valid? :|
I really don't get what's wrong with you?

Anyway I too am interested in getting this lappy like many others in this thread so was looking forward to your review.

OMG maverick you simply ripped off that review?
Come on dude!
he didn't rip off content from a review, he merely quoted parts of the review. He even gave a link to that review. If he wanted to plagiarize, he wouldn't give a link to the source.

But then, he added some of his own personal inputs, like his experience with Crysis and NFS:MW as those two games were not mentioned in the review of that website he quoted.

He just mixed his own review and the website's review. Ok from a scholarly point of view its a bit misleading(and unethical), as he didn't provide any footnotes, and we don't know which part is his own view and which part is the website's view. So i guess that's what making u confused and accusing him of plagiarism

Oh ya, as for the laptop, i am NOT AT ALL impressed ! i think it deserved less than 7/10 rating. Too many shortcoming and issues with it, definitely not worth its Indian price. The 1080p display is meant to be its main advantage over (much cheaper)Lenovo y500 but it is the worst 1080p panel ever on a laptop!
Moreover, Foreign markets are getting this for cheap! WS Retail, the dealer in FlipKart for this model, is looting us in broad daylight ! I understand doller rates have gone up but still, Rs78,000 !! Thats a SCAM!

diya.r

Broken In
he didn't rip off content from a review, he merely quoted parts of the review. He even gave a link to that review. If he wanted to plagiarize, he wouldn't give a link to the source.

But then, he added some of his own personal inputs, like his experience with Crysis and NFS:MW as those two games were not mentioned in the review of that website he quoted.

He just mixed his own review and the website's review. Ok from a scholarly point of view its a bit misleading(and unethical), as he didn't provide any footnotes, and we don't know which part is his own view and which part is the website's view. So i guess that's what making u confused and accusing him of plagiarism

Oh ya, as for the laptop, i am NOT AT ALL impressed ! i think it deserved less than 7/10 rating. Too many shortcoming and issues with it, definitely not worth its Indian price. The 1080p display is meant to be its main advantage over (much cheaper)Lenovo y500 but it is the worst 1080p panel ever on a laptop!
Moreover, Foreign markets are getting this for cheap! WS Retail, the dealer in FlipKart for this model, is looting us in broad daylight ! I understand doller rates have gone up but still, Rs78,000 !! Thats a SCAM!

Forget flipkart or WS retail, even HP online webstore is selling it and ata whopping price of 79,990. Lets not blame the dealer when HP Itself is ripping us off. What other laptop in the indian market has all these features and is upto the mark? Do u know?.

Gtb93

In the zone
HP itself has priced it @79 which is more than what flipkart is charging us.
Like mentioned above, yes it has 1080p but the display is really disappointing. So is the GPU. 740m with GK208(64bit width). :/
plus the keyboard flex is another issue and the lack of a dvd writer as well.
At this price range, atleast a 750m was expected. The battery life also seems to be another letdown.

diya.r

Broken In
Yes at this price it shud have had more features, should have given a better performance. But all the people criticizing this laptop, I respect ur opinion, but can anyone of u tell me whether there is a another laptop with all these tech specifications in the INDIAN MARKET?. Plz do tel

Gtb93

In the zone
Yes at this price it shud have had more features, should have given a better performance. But all the people criticizing this laptop, I respect ur opinion, but can anyone of u tell me whether there is a another laptop with all these tech specifications in the INDIAN MARKET?. Plz do tel

There's nothing exceptional about this laptop. The 1080pi isn't upto the mark. The GPU is a letdown. These 'tech specifications' only include a touchscreen which will slowly make it's way into almost all laptops. Then there's the 4th gen haswell, which again, if one decides to wait for a month or more will make it's way into all laptops. We're yet to see laptops from Dell, Asus, Sammy, Lenovo in the haswell arena. Might as well wait and compare all the choices. However, for urgent purchases, this is probably the best buy at the moment. :)

diya.r

Broken In
Yes the wait can go up to anywhere from a month to a year. Samsung and Lenovo are parading their n550p and y500 for the past ur. Dell is stuck with their inspiron series. Sony charges exorbitant charges fr tech specs inferior to this. So yes people in india who want to purchase a laptop have an indefinite wait. I mean y510p and xps15 were launched long ago. Still not in India. Wats up with that. So yes this wud be the best thing as of now or for the near future.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
I agree this is overpriced. But you won't find something POWERFUL and BEAUTIFUL in this price range. In Apple, DELL and Sony you will get same configuration with full HD and touchscreen for 100K. Every device has design flaws

rahuljindal

Right off the assembly line
I agree this is overpriced. But you won't find something POWERFUL and BEAUTIFUL in this price range. In Apple, DELL and Sony you will get same configuration with full HD and touchscreen for 100K. Every device has design flaws

Please tell me if this laptop is worth it.One is saying this is the worst 1080p Panel...What is up with that? And are there keyboard flexes in keyboard on the left side and nothing on right side...and do tell me if these flexes are in laptops of other brands...I am ready to compromise with the graphics card but not with full hd display and keyboard...Should I wait for other haswell laptops or buy this?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Sony's Fit series with 1080p display is far better than this HP laptop, both have GT 740M but Sony has inferior processor but still Sony wins with its audio and display quality which is priced at 58K.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Sony's Fit series with 1080p display is far better than this HP laptop, both have GT 740M but Sony has inferior processor but still Sony wins with its audio and display quality which is priced at 58K.

This VAIO Fit 15 is a generation old and costs 69990.

diya.r

Broken In
How can core i5 3rd gen of VAIO fit 15 be compared to core i7 4th gen of j001tx. But if people really don't want this model they wud go for core i7 3632 3rd gen its the next best thing. Although touch option mite not be there. If u want backlit, 1080 display and Gud GPU like 650M DDR5 go for dell 17 r special edition. As of now j001tx is a satisfactory bet. Until laptops like y510p and Asus n550jv come out. Although I don't think they have touch . Do they?

Gtb93

In the zone
I guess Ron28 is talking about this-
Sony VAIO Fit 15E F15219SN/B Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) - Sony: Flipkart.com

58k. inferior processor but man, that screen qlty. :D
It all comes to usage anyway. If you aren't gaming centric then the fit is a perfect choice.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
I guess Ron28 is talking about this-
Sony VAIO Fit 15E F15219SN/B Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 750GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) - Sony: Flipkart.com

58k. inferior processor but man, that screen qlty. :D
It all comes to usage anyway. If you aren't gaming centric then the fit is a perfect choice.

This time Sony also added sub woofers to make it a complete multimedia laptop.

Top Bottom