HP Envy TouchSmart 15-J001TX

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
I am facing an issue with the webcam. Its doesn't seem to work. Instead of displaying images, it just displaying black background. There might be issue with the driver because when i go to device manager>Imaging Device it shows usb webcam instead of HP Webcam. But I can't find the drivers of this webcam on internet. Can someone help me in resolving this issue?

pranav222

Right off the assembly line
Hello Guys....
I Finally Recieved my Laptop ..
Flipkart was pretty Fast..
I Ordered on 10th ,They got the laptop from seller on 13th, And I got the product on 14th :)

I m so happy and bit disappointed! :(

Actully I was counting on the Display to be perfect at this price and config...
Its not that its too bad ... It is pretty crisp n near to true colours.. but we have to adjust our screen angle to best view it..
and the most disappointing thing is that YES IT SEEMS GRAINY.. i.e we can see the pixels mesh...
Well the Full Hd actully reduces it a lil bit.. but still I can say that my previous laptop Dell Studio 15 (1920x1080p) had a pretty Crisp as well as Truelife colours and very subtle and saturated.. well i cant explain it to you but if you see it in side by side config u can clearly see the difference!!!

And the next disappointing thing is ... The Keyboard Flex... also many other parts of the laptop have flux..
Which gives it a pretty bad build quality.... :( Sad to say but true ... Well Screen is very sturdy though..
But I feared most of times while handling the laptop.. which is pretty sadening....

Overall Ecxcept it all is good... but seriously HP has really underdone the machine where this price range is considered!!!

And the other messy thing is coz of microsoft as they have decided not to give the product keys and Intallation media to customers to avoid piracy..

So we have to create the Recovery DVD's (3-4 Needed) or a single USB (32GB- 22GB space required)..
:(

Gosh...

pranav222

Hey I purchased the Laptop on 13th So I am eligible for the student offer !!
But whenever im trying to visit
www.hp.com/in/hpstudentoffer
The webpage is not available!!
What should I do?
How should I reedeem the Offer?
(I remember very clearly seeing that it was displayed on same website that the redemption site will be open till 21st of Aug 2013)

I will be calling the customer support tommorrow as today they are offline coz of 15th Aug.. :(

Hey the HP Student Offer Redemption Site is Online Again.. So I registered ....

And waiting for the order confirmation call...

One more thing guys ...

Actully when you buy a new Win8 PC .. The Product key is now Ebedded In BIOS of the Machine .. So In order to clean install the OS from other media it wont work ... or If you are using the retail version of Win 8 Disc it wont work on this machine .. So here is the steps to solve it ....

As many of you must have experienced this and I too had a lot of trouble solving this prob but finally I found the solution to it on the webistes below...

*www.blogsolute.com/create-windows-8-usb-bootable-pendrive-uefi-boot/25988/

*www.blogsolute.com/windows-8-clean-installation-product-key-do-not-match/25990/

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
@ Pranat, I want to make sure if my product is not defective. Does the HP light glows? Tell me if I am wrong. Just like MacBook Pro the HP Logo that is on the center is a light that glows, when the laptop is powered on?

pranav222

@ Pranat, I want to make sure if my product is not defective. Does the HP light glows? Tell me if I am wrong. Just like MacBook Pro the HP Logo that is on the center is a light that glows, when the laptop is powered on?

No the Logo Dosent Glow!!!

ANd Maveric ... Have you got ur Student Offer Approved?
I registered on 16th and Today they mailed me that my claim was rejected becoz Saying "model is not a part of eligible product list" !!
What about yo?
what should I do>???? :(

keshab.nayak

Broken In
hi guys , by reading all yours posts ,,, i decided to enter in to this forum also ..

so , i ordered in flipkart by seeing this laptops processor .. i know this processor is best processor till yet in india...

but now sad to say by reading your reviews ...

the screen is not goood as it mention in HD ... :(

no optical drive ... it can be compromise :( but not the display

guys did played any big games in it like crysis 3 ,,,do feel it ..it can control the heat ??

Note : guys i ordered it today ,so it is not processed yet .. please tell me shall i cancel the order or buy it ?

i took it because of the mac design .... only .

but i sorted another best similar laptop from asus ... Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2..

Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

i am waiting for your reply ..wheter to cancel hp envy touch smart or NOT..

if u guy will say ,,its not worth it..then i will cancel it and rorder the asus One .:twisted:

NearCry

MISSING U ASSEMBLY LINE
hi guys , by reading all yours posts ,,, i decided to enter in to this forum also ..

so , i ordered in flipkart by seeing this laptops processor .. i know this processor is best processor till yet in india...

but now sad to say by reading your reviews ...

the screen is not goood as it mention in HD ... :(

no optical drive ... it can be compromise :( but not the display

guys did played any big games in it like crysis 3 ,,,do feel it ..it can control the heat ??

Note : guys i ordered it today ,so it is not processed yet .. please tell me shall i cancel the order or buy it ?

i took it because of the mac design .... only .

but i sorted another best similar laptop from asus ... Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2..

Asus K55VM-SX086D Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ DOS/ 2GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

i am waiting for your reply ..wheter to cancel hp envy touch smart or NOT..

if u guy will say ,,its not worth it..then i will cancel it and rorder the asus One .:twisted:

Hi keshab just to let you know if you still have time and if its possible cancel the order and go for lenovo y510p it is now available at lenovo sellers locally and several sites are selling it for 75-78k like ebay. Even flipkart is selling it but have wrongly mentioned the screen as 1366x768 while it is 1920x1080.
This is just a personal suggestion as y510p has better screen , GT750M GPU and cool red backlit keyboard. However the choice is up to you.

Lenovo Ideapad Y510P (4th Gen Core) ---- Ebay

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y510-59-390016-laptop-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdz5afhv8jyuuw?pid=COMDZ59FESCW6E46&otracker=from-search&srno=t_5&query=y510&ref=b17b2226-7a79-45da-b7d2-0f967ec677eb

Last edited:

CPDwiedi

Hi guys,

I am also planning to buy this laptop. I was almost about to order on flipkart but then I got this forum and started reading. And after finishing, Well, I am a bit shaken. By reading the Specs it felt like an Awesome buy (I still feel, less though...but 4th GEN i7, Touch screen, Backlit keyboard, Full HD !! looks awesome on paper).

What bothers me most is comments about Full HD screen. IS it that really bas as you guys have said? :-o:-(

Unfortunately I didn't get any comment about touch response on screen, Like how fast, accurate and spontaneous it is?

Pravan and Maverik, Thanks a lot guys for taking some time out and giving such proper review. Really appreciate the effort. :)

One more request, Pranav, Maverik and dia, You guys must have played some high end games by now. Please review the gaming performance and heating problem while gaming.

I will be ordering it today, Kindly spare some time. It would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
This laptop isn't designed for high end games at maximum settings. However you can play games like Crysis at low settings. But medium end games like NFS MW will run smoothly. In order to tackle heat go for a heat pads for Belkin. Never keep the laptop on bed or pillow.

CPDwiedi

This laptop isn't designed for high end games at maximum settings. However you can play games like Crysis at low settings. But medium end games like NFS MW will run smoothly. In order to tackle heat go for a heat pads for Belkin. Never keep the laptop on bed or pillow.

Thanks Maverick. Could you please tell something about Touch Screen Sensitivity(Accuracy and smoothness). Hope that is up to the mark at this price range.

Well, Overall I guess I am so in love with this device.... gonna buy it anyway. May be because of lack of other options.:)

keshab.nayak

Broken In

hi mavrick thanks for comment ,,

i also want yoour advice ..

today i gone to bangalore outlets they told me they provide me y510p on 74000.00 cash

but again

this laptop processor is also awesome ,.,

chek its and 4700mq in cpu rank chat high end . almost same power ans performance in 3d bench mark..

and it price is 49000 in flipkart . and after seeing the y510p design ,.i dont like this bulky design ...
hp envy design awesome ...

maverick please suggest assus 49000 rs OR lenvo 74000 rsOr Hp envy 78000 ??????

can u guys post some more comments about the hp envy display and what are other major COns. ?

keshab.nayak

Broken In

today i gone to bangalore outlets they told me they provide me y510p on 74000.00 cash

but again

chek its and 4700mq in cpu rank chat high end . almost same power ans performance in 3d bench mark..

and it price is 49000 in flipkart . and after seeing the y510p design ,.i dont like this bulky design ...

can u guys post some more comments about the hp envy display and what are other major COns. ?

pranav222

Hey Maveric You didnt reply me!!
What happend about the student offer ?
did you claim it? Was ur claim Approved?
please give me details

As My claim Was in Provisional Approved State till yesterday But today it showed that Claim rejected bcoz the product is not part of the eligible list of models!! :(

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan

but again

I would never recommend anything less than full HD. 1366 x 768 resolution is a CRAP!!!. If Y510P comes with full HD and backlight keyboard it will be a good option

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
Guys,I need an advice....I'm planning to get this laptop for my brother-*www.flipkart.com/hp-envy-15-j048tx-laptop-4th-gen-ci7-8gb-1tb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdz77f69z3ks7h?pid=COMDZ76XDGNH5KQF&ref=d21f0670-9bf3-499f-81c5-9433412b65b1

I need a few clarifications:-
1.How is heat management??
2.How are speakers??Please rate is against XPS 15 or dv6 6000 beats audio??
3.Any issues??

I'm getting the laptop for 69k without accessories...Is it a good deal??
Please don't suggest y500p as one of my friends had a horrible time with the laptop...His screen went dead in about two months and then lenovo took 40 days to replace the same.His laptop is now at Service for motherboard replacement.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Hey Maveric You didnt reply me!!
What happend about the student offer ?
did you claim it? Was ur claim Approved?
please give me details

As My claim Was in Provisional Approved State till yesterday But today it showed that Claim rejected bcoz the product is not part of the eligible list of models!! :(

Yes my claim was approved. Although they take time. Although I have yet to receive the 2 year warranty voucher. They mailed me that I will receive it somewhere in the mid of October

parthoc

Hi Maverick!! Have been following your posts since long. Was very excited to go through your review. I excited still, as I might get my order delivered by 02/10. Just a few queries;
1) You mentioned that there is a mSATA slot available. Is it occupied?
2) I also intend to upgrade to 256mSATA. Is the Plextor mSATA (which you mentioned in your earlier posts) compatible and can we use it alongwith the stock 1TB HDD? I intend to use the mSATA for OS.
3) Any online store for upgrading the stock memory module with 8GB x 2. Am finding it difficult to get 1.35V DDR3 1600MHz modules? Only option is to go to HP stores for upgradation?

Any suggestions would be helpful for proposed upgradation.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Hi Maverick!! Have been following your posts since long. Was very excited to go through your review. I excited still, as I might get my order delivered by 02/10. Just a few queries;
1) You mentioned that there is a mSATA slot available. Is it occupied?
2) I also intend to upgrade to 256mSATA. Is the Plextor mSATA (which you mentioned in your earlier posts) compatible and can we use it alongwith the stock 1TB HDD? I intend to use the mSATA for OS.
3) Any online store for upgrading the stock memory module with 8GB x 2. Am finding it difficult to get 1.35V DDR3 1600MHz modules? Only option is to go to HP stores for upgradation?

Any suggestions would be helpful for proposed upgradation.

Yes there is mSATA port right next to HDD slot. So you can use mSATA as OS drive. However, if you want to use regular SATA SSD, then you have to swap your HDD with the SDD

What is better and why?
between HP Envy TouchSmart 15-J001TX and hp envy dv6-7206 tx
?

Off course this Envy laptop is better than DV-6. It has full HD, 4th generation Core i7 processor and it has premium look and feel

parthoc

Thanks Maverick. How about the compatibility of mSATA SSD's? Has anyone installed it yet?

Morevover can anyone help me in finding 8GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory modules? I have checked and found the following modules are compatible.

Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3L (1.35V)CMSX8GX3M2B1600C9, Crucial CT4503448, Crucial CT102464BF160B, Transcend SO-DIMM DDR3LV TS1GSK64W6H and Kingston KVR16LS11/8.

But the problem is availability in Nagpur. Any online site where the same may be available?

Top Bottom