HP Envy TouchSmart 15-J001TX

When will we see these laptops in indian market? Will these laptops ever come into indian markets? I like these laptops because of beautiful looks and most important 1080P resolution. Will these laptops ever come into indian market? Or just like any other time indian distributers will ignore, just like the way they happened to ignore 1080P display laptops?

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Flipkart is teasing for last couple of days coming soon.
HP Envy TouchSmart 15-J001TX Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) - HP: Flipkart.com

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^they are giving a weak GPU at that price.. i mean 740m is good till 50k range...why would someone bother to buy a 740m @80k when you could get 750m @70k.
the only plus point is looks which can be found in many laptops.
Lenovo y500 @68k will blow away this laptop in terms of performance and when they are labeling this as "Gaming" laptops. they are more like entertainment laptop

^^ at this price... in international market we can get 770m/760m easily with mSATA hdd/sdd

nikufellow

In the zone
Well envy series weren't renowned for VFM offerings were they? Also more or less all OEMs tend to over price touch laptops as of now

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
^^they are giving a weak GPU at that price.. i mean 740m is good till 50k range...why would someone bother to buy a 740m @80k when you could get 750m @70k.
Lenovo y500 @68k will blow away this laptop in terms of performance and when they are labeling this as "Gaming" laptops. they are more like entertainment laptop

^^ at this price... in international market we can get 770m/760m easily with mSATA hdd/sdd

This Lenovo laptop is using previous generation core i7 which and CRAPPY 768P resolution. My requirement is a Haswell based Core i7 and strict 1920 X 1080 resolution.

*www.flipkart.com/lenovo-ideapad-y5...Y500&ref=bc4d131b-e64f-4ad8-aab1-6047397aae9c

Well envy series weren't renowned for VFM offerings were they? Also more or less all OEMs tend to over price touch laptops as of now

Can someone suggest me alternative laptops that should have

1) 4th generation Core I 7 Quad Core CPU
2) 15.6 - 17 inch LED screen with 1080 display
3) Backlit keyboard.
4) Good gaming GPU GTX 740 or above. Overall it should be beautiful and good in looks

I can't afford Dell Alienware which are excellent gaming laptops and ASUS J series is something I find UGLY

Does this laptop have 1080 screen? I can find several Envy series laptops in indian HP website but none of them offer 1080 resolution, which is very important for me.

3) Backlit keyboard.
4) Good gaming GPU GTX 740 or above. Overall it should be beautiful and good in looks

I can't afford Dell Alienware which are excellent gaming laptops and ASUS J series is something I find UGLY

Last edited:

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
This Lenovo laptop is using previous generation core i7 which and CRAPPY 768P resolution. My requirement is a Haswell based Core i7 and strict 1920 X 1080 resolution.

Lenovo Ideapad Y500 (59-379647) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

3) Backlit keyboard.

Does this laptop have 1080 screen? I can find several Envy series laptops in indian HP website but none of them offer 1080 resolution, which is very important for me.

3) Backlit keyboard.

Sorry, but till now there is only not a single laptop with 4th gen core apart from 2-3 laptops in india..... i don't think even the alienware with the 4th gen proccy have been launched here ... so i guess there is no choice apart from this or 2-3 other models that sony offers without a GPU.
Only thing you can do is to either buy from international market or wait till options more 4th gen laptops are launched

i am sure that they are not known for their "gaming" genre .. they are just highly overpriced multimedia notebooks with somewhat gud looks

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

3) Backlit keyboard.

3) Backlit keyboard.

and you plan to play games at 1080p in that FHD monitor and 4th gen intel with a GT740M? its a weaker GPU than 650M which also comes in lesser price label, even there are models of GT750M which comes in near equal of that much....btw there is no card named GTX740 though :(

powerstarprince

In the zone
probably september

like how n55sf came to india last year

no matter what but the price would be 70-75k easily still it has gt 750m

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
probably september

like how n55sf came to india last year

no matter what but the price would be 70-75k easily still it has gt 750m

70-75K is a good price compared to what HP is offering. In fact ASUS N550JV has a DVD writer and backlit keyboard. So it makes it much better and it is overall beautiful

.How is the quality of ASUS laptops since ASUS is a brand of Tiwan, does it match the quality and performance of American brands like Dell, HP and Lenovo?

powerstarprince

In the zone
Asus is the most reliable laptop brand in the world. It easily is one of the top 5 laptop manufacturers. Also it is cost efficient when specs are compared. I would say HP is good, dell is slightly better and lenovo even better and asus can be close to lenovo. This is in higher segment laptops esp multimedia and gaming 55-80k ones.

I bought the asus n55sf 2 years back, and in competition there was only hp dv6 and dell xps 15 in similar price range. No lenovo though, but there was y580 model i couldnt find.
Comparing these asus was clear winner in terms of performance to features to price ratio.
At 63k it got 2nd gen i7, full hd, gt 555m ( best nvidia gpu tht time ),bd player and 7200rpm hdd.
dell was clearly expensive n had worse gpu
hp was good in price, had better gpu but not completely a multimedia package.

Last year there were no good ones frm asus in india, may be this year with haswell they would start selling them again.

$hadow

Geek in making
Definitely ASUS laptops are always reliable and their product range is always good but now in India why is it so it is still unknown. Last year not a single good laptop and those available were definitely pricy against their price tag. ow i am really looking forward towards 4th gen laptops from Asus.

OP
maverick786us

maverick786us

Padawan
Well that laptop is available in Flipkart and I've ordered with 0% emi for 6 months which is available for HDFC Credit Card. If I had Citibank credit card I would have 10% cash back.

The only thing that I dislike about this laptop is, that it doesn't have a backlit keyboard. Now my question is, if I pay 2-3K to HP, can they replace the standard keyboard with backlit?

shubham6300

Broken In
Asus G750JX-CV069P looks better than HP listed on fk:- Asus G750JX-CV069P Laptop (4th Gen Ci7/ 24GB/ 1.5TB/ Win8 Pro/ 3GB Graph) - Asus: Flipkart.com

pranav222

Right off the assembly line
Well that laptop is available in Flipkart and I've ordered with 0% emi for 6 months which is available for HDFC Credit Card. If I had Citibank credit card I would have 10% cash back.

The only thing that I dislike about this laptop is, that it doesn't have a backlit keyboard. Now my question is, if I pay 2-3K to HP, can they replace the standard keyboard with backlit?

Hey I too was awaiting for this model from a long time ...
Well do tell me about this model when you recieve it and ... do confirm about its ADP and Warranty in India as When I called HP after seeing this model on flipkart they told that they dont have any details about this model yet ,....

My email is pranavganore@yahoo.com

so please give as much details about this model when you recieve it as you can give .....
Photos are welcome too .. :) Sorry for the trouble .. but im really counting on you...

Top Bottom