HP 6516TX - The computer is personal again

Status
Not open for further replies.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
dunno why, mebbe its the drivers. do check out the best drivers for ur 8400gs card. try out all thats available and decide on the best. my sis' lappy has the same card wid same memory (dell 1420) but it gets a consistant 3.8 rating for it in windows experience.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no i didnt re-install .... i updated vista and jus now chked that it downloaded updated drivers .... infra which drivers is she using did she dwnld em from nvidia site ???

freakin sh!t game performances have increased like helll ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fifa 07 with everything max is running like a breeze

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
no i didnt re-install

Actually, U don't really need to. Just uninstall everything u don't need & clean the temp & residual files. Its a cumborsome task but u won't have to re-install.

freakin sh!t game performances have increased like helll ..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fifa 07 with everything max is running like a breeze

Welcome to running Windows Vista with 2 GB RAM :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
nope, nothing. i'm the one who'll be doing all the housekeeping work for her lappy ;) and i hafnt updated. its using the stock drivers out of the box. jus experiment wid different drivers - stock, modded... everthing. i'm sure the rating will increase from the present 3.4.

@gx
pcmcia has been obsolete since a long long time. it was cardbus that was existant all these dayz and the express card has superseded it since the past few months.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
one thing i don't understand is why is hp/dell not shipping the intel 4965 wifi card (802.11n). its the std. everywhere out now. why are we left out??!!!

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
my display card ... hey infra a small favor please ... could u tell me which version of drivers is there ... else i think il have to dwnld frm nvidia :(

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
iMav said:
my display card ... hey infra a small favor please ... could u tell me which version of drivers is there ... else i think il have to dwnld frm nvidia :(

Check laptopvideo2go.com & download drivers from there.

Check guru3d.com for latest beta drivers of nVidia.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
ok, i'll check that out and report. you never know, mebbe dell tweaks the driver for their hardware. try hp's site. see if that sht latest. look into their forums as to which drivers gives more performance.

since these drivers are not supported by the gfx card companies, the lappy manufacturers do a lot of tweaking.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
check these sites for optimised nvidia drivers. experiment wid all. one of them will surely suit ur config. you may also try downloading the latest one from hp's site. they apply some specific optimisation to their product drivers.

1) *www.omegadrivers.net/nvidia.php
2) *downloads.guru3d.com/
3) *www.ngohq.com/

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmmm ... tahnx will chk em outand let u know ... :) thanx again

@intel_gigacore thank u

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the remote ctrl:

*img516.imageshack.us/img516/8941/image040va9.th.jpg

Quickplay controls:

*img104.imageshack.us/img104/9641/image041rg9.th.jpg

Finger Print Scanner:

*img107.imageshack.us/img107/6092/image042oy5.th.jpg

Lappy Open:

*img239.imageshack.us/img239/305/image043ax5.th.jpg

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Noooo.....don't ruin the beauty of this Laptop with your 6600, borrow some friends cam for some time & take snaps. Make sure they are taken in a well lit enviroment.

The same remote comes with Dell MediaDirect application. Hey manan, can we login to Vista using the finger print scanner, or say...login to yahoo mail in browser?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom