How to update avira manually?

gameranand

Living to Play
No I don't think so. You can update manually but that particular PC should be connected to internet. :)

ratul

█████████████████
will this work:
Download Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update February 6, 2013 Free Trial - Download the Virus Definition File to always keep Avira AntiVir up-to-date - Softpedia
download the updates and read the instructions given on the page..

ratul

█████████████████
Too large file. Auto update hardly is around 10MB at all.

dude, it's the whole update, that's why it's large, auto update just updates the database from the previous update, so regular auto updates will definitely be small, this updates contains the whole virus database needed by the avira version.. :wink:
i know you knew that.. :p

gameranand

Living to Play
dude, it's the whole update, that's why it's large, auto update just updates the database from the previous update, so regular auto updates will definitely be small, this updates contains the whole virus database needed by the avira version.. :wink:
i know you knew that.. :p

the first update usually is around 50-80MB or sometimes even more unless the version was recently released.

Yeah I know but thats the point. Version was released recently, so its better to get a 100 MB setup file instead of just the update. :)

Top Bottom