How to turn off camera shutter sound in Nokia 5700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awestriker

Broken In
Hi,
Does anyone know about any secret codes or settings, thorugh which the loud 'click' sound of camera in Nokia 5700 can be shut-off/muted.
Methods I tried and didn't succeed:
1. Even in "Silent" profile also the sound comes.
2. Turning "Warning Sounds" off, has no effects.
3. Got a solution here, but have not tried, as you never know what is inside the software and even the OS in my Nokia 5700 is the recent Symbian 60.

See if you could help me with any solutions...
Cheers,
A w e :)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Heh in some countries its a law that cameras make a noise.

But that software looks good to me, except for no flash. And its available for S60 3rd edition which is what your phone is. Rest assured, it'll run fine :)

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
I have that app. Works like a charm. It is supposed to work without the flash.
No Flash, No Sound ;) No one gets to know you took a pic.

About turning of the sound, it is not possible. Nokia has never, and i dont think it will bring in that feature. Turning of sound has security and privacy concerns.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
No, no patch has been released for the default camera app for the v3 phones.
But you have the useful cCam app for v3 which takes photos without sound or flash.

OP
A

awestriker

Broken In
Hi,
@QwertyManiac - Thanks for the information about the fact about camera shutter sound.
@alsiladka: Appreciate your wink. That sums up all. Thnks for the information.
@pathiks: Thanks for helping my freinds out, who have v2. I can pass this information and google for v3 patches intermittently.

Cheers,
A w e :)

i have nokia 5200 .. and there is option to mute the shutter sound while taking pics ...... its convenient i think ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom