how to save win xp update security patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirage111

Right off the assembly line
i have win xp installed. can i save security patches downloaded from windows update site on another folder/cd. currenly my windows/xp crashed and i have to installed once again and downloaded all patches.

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
You can find updates here:

Go to the folder where you installed windows. It is usually C:\Windows. In the Windows folder:

\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Here you'll find all the updates dowloaded

anandk

Distinguished Member
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36612&highlight=save+windows+updates

shreyadr

Journeyman
narangz said:
You can find updates here:

Go to the folder where you installed windows. It is usually C:\Windows. In the Windows folder:

\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Here you'll find all the updates dowloaded

how to install/restore those patches ?:confused:

shreyadr said:
how to install/restore those patches ?:confused:

Just copy the file in the DOWNLOAD folder (non OS partition) as a backup of your Windows update....so that next time you reinstall your windows....you dont have to download these updates again.......

shreyadr

Journeyman
bajaj151 said:
Just copy the file in the DOWNLOAD folder (non OS partition) as a backup of your Windows update....so that next time you reinstall your windows....you dont have to download these updates again.......

that means creating software distribution folder into c:\windows and pasting - all the backed up files - into it - as it is - after the reinstallaion of windows; will work ? or they need to run ? pls. clarify :rolleyes:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Instead to using built in Windows Update, you can use this program: windows update downloader: *wud.jcarle.com/

or wait for Autopatcher. They are coming up with something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom