• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

how to save win xp update security patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

mirage111

Right off the assembly line
i have win xp installed. can i save security patches downloaded from windows update site on another folder/cd. currenly my windows/xp crashed and i have to installed once again and downloaded all patches.

Last edited:

narangz

Web developer
You can find updates here:

Go to the folder where you installed windows. It is usually C:\Windows. In the Windows folder:

\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Here you'll find all the updates dowloaded

shreyadr

Journeyman
narangz said:
You can find updates here:

Go to the folder where you installed windows. It is usually C:\Windows. In the Windows folder:

\SoftwareDistribution\Download

Here you'll find all the updates dowloaded

how to install/restore those patches ?:confused:

shreyadr said:
how to install/restore those patches ?:confused:

Just copy the file in the DOWNLOAD folder (non OS partition) as a backup of your Windows update....so that next time you reinstall your windows....you dont have to download these updates again.......

shreyadr

Journeyman
bajaj151 said:
Just copy the file in the DOWNLOAD folder (non OS partition) as a backup of your Windows update....so that next time you reinstall your windows....you dont have to download these updates again.......

that means creating software distribution folder into c:\windows and pasting - all the backed up files - into it - as it is - after the reinstallaion of windows; will work ? or they need to run ? pls. clarify :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom