how to run windows xp setup from hard-idsk

clmlbx

Technomancer
well problem is My friend has an laptop with broken cd rom.. I tried making bootable usb but somehow bootable xp on USB does not boot in that laptop.. so I copied xp setup to hard disk and tried booting to dos and run setup but it did not work as after booting to dos it does not show hard disk partition

So guys any solution pls reply fast.. well I don't understand why it is not showing hard-disk partition..

I have already tried app like iso to usb and wintoflash but failed.. I made hiren bootable USB and dos bootable usb that worked flawlessly.. just xp bootable usb does not work

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just run the setup.exe from the setup folder of Windows XP from HDD.
It should run from within the windows itself. PC will restart and setup will then continue in normal mode.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
well problem is My friend has an laptop with broken cd rom.. I tried making bootable usb but somehow bootable xp on USB does not boot in that laptop.. so I copied xp setup to hard disk and tried booting to dos and run setup but it did not work as after booting to dos it does not show hard disk partition

So guys any solution pls reply fast.. well I don't understand why it is not showing hard-disk partition..

I have already tried app like iso to usb and wintoflash but failed.. I made hiren bootable USB and dos bootable usb that worked flawlessly.. just xp bootable usb does not work

1. Copy the Setup or image file(.iso) to your HDD
  2. Then Download Magic iso its free:-D
  3. Then open Magic iso and open windowsxp.iso
  4. There should be Setup.exe
  5. Click on it voila:mrgreen:

OR Just Open the Setup as suggested by Vyom

Neuron

Electronic.
You can install xp from a pendrive. Here's how.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/software-q/139921-tutorial-installing-xp-pendrive.html

Top Bottom