how to remove write protection from pendrive

niz04

Journeyman
how to remove write protection from pendrive ...my sandisk cruzer blade 8gb pendriveand its in ntfs format and it automatically gets write protection from a virus in my computer ....i tried editing registry and all the formating tools and cmd and linux ..what to do with my pendrive please to something need help

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
even I have the same problem. sandisk 4gb one became write protected. Found no solution, in the end I stopped wasting time and bought a new (non sandisk) one.

I copied these steps from somewhere:

start>Run=type(“CMD" without ” “) enter.

follow these
1. go to C:\ by typing C:\>cd c:\
2. type C:\>attrib -S -H -R autorun.inf
3. delete the file by typing C:\>del autorun.inf
4. goto drive D: by typing C:\>d:
5. repeat step 1,2 and 3
6. do the same in all your drives (say you have C,D,E,F).
7. Close the DOS command window
8. Open task manager and “end task” the explorer.exe in the processes tab
9. From Application Tab in taskManager, select “new Task” button, type “explorer.exe”

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^^ someone please give a link for live linux distro.. i need one too, and i dont know anything about linux. :p

OP
N

niz04

Journeyman
does it allow to format usb and use my hard drive and other option because i don't want to download anything else

OP
N

niz04

Journeyman
i just installed ubantu 12.10 and try to format through disk utility gparted but nothing work and in terminal it says permission denied what to do guys plss help hurry

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Can you see data on your drive? I mean, can you browse files on it (If there are any files). Also, can you see its properties?

OP
N

niz04

Journeyman
yes, i can see files and virus fold shmerica folder and autorun.inf file which cointain virus .... i can compress file from pen drive but i cant copy and paste anything....plss help me guys ........those who use ubantu plss try something which work

yes, i can see files and virus fold shmerica folder and autorun.inf file which cointain virus .... i can compress file from pen drive but i cant copy and paste anything....plss help me guys ........those who use ubantu plss try something which work

Top Bottom