How to register a 2 character .in domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I want to buy a 2 character .in domain which when checked was available.

Is it possible to register one? And what's the procedure and cost?

Thanks!

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I'll threadjack this to ask the same question about a .dk domain. Not a 2 character one, but its available just the same. Anyone know any reliable hosts/domain resellers who charge nominal for the .dk domain?

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Hmm... most of the country level TLD (like .jp, .la, .au, .kr, etc..) are costly. They might cost more than $130 and above.

*services.sify.com/

*www.aapkadomain.com/

*www.registry.in/
Hmm.... I know where to register. I want to register a .in like www.ab.in.

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yeah, I checked some sites and just the domain name is around Rs.13000 per year. My name is Dheeraj Kumar(big surprise, i know! :) ) and my friends call me DK, so I was planning on www.dheeraj.dk but too costly... I'll one day register it for sure... for now I'll be happy with my googlepages :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
No two letter .in domain name is left now. Even no LLL domain is left now. And if its available, than there is no special procedure.

However NN.in is available..like 94.in

din

Tribal Boy
Grudge, as far as I know (I may be wrong) we can not register a name that is of length 2 characters or less

From - *www.registry.in/policies/

# Domain length: .IN domain names may be between 3 and 63 characters in length.

I also checked my friends site who offer .in domain. It also says the rule

# Domain name too long/short This means that the domain name that you entered was either too long or too short, legal domain name lengths are between 2 characters and 57 characters.
# Domain name cannot contain any letters of hyphens in 2 character domain names This error message is returned if your domain name was only 2 characters long and it contained either a hyphen or a letter, this is because 2 character domain names are only allowed to contain numbers.

This is for .in domains. Not sure about other

This is not the final word, please check with some one expert in this area.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

^^
That's the same tuxfan said when I asked him. So just wanted to confirm or know if there are any other methods.

I know for sure that we can register a 2 character .com domain but the cost is in excess of $1500.

OP
drgrudge

drgrudge

Hmm... good 3 & 4 character .in domains are all taken. Bad luck. Was little despo to get that name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom