How to put 3 movies in a DVD

meetdilip

Computer Addict
I have .mkv files (around 700 MB) and I need to burn them to a DVD as in ones we buy. What all software will I need ? And what steps are involved.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
The last time I tried using iSkysoft DVD authoring tool, a single movie took 3 DVDs. Will DVD Flick convert into proper format and compress it to on be on a single DVD ?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes. DVD Flick does everything.

PS : Converting (Encoding) will take time depending on your processor. On my i5-2400 it took around 3hours for 3 movies on a single DVD.

aswin1

Journeyman
I think as mkv is a highly compressed format when converted to avi or VOB its size would fill one regular DVD. By the way is the mkv ripped from a dvd or cd or bluray

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have .mkv files (around 700 MB) and I need to burn them to a DVD as in ones we buy. What all software will I need ? And what steps are involved.

Tried DVD Flick, DVD meter gets 98 % with just one mkv file worth 700 MB. :(

I wonder why would you want to burn movies on a disk by "as in ones we buy" method anyway!
The only reason you may want to do that is to make it readable on a DVD player. But IMHO making such DVD's is a tremendous compromise on quality as you yourself experienced while using DVD Flick.

If you don't have "no other choice" I would advice you to simply refrain from making dvd-player-compliant disks and just burn them as normal files, to be played on a PC, and which allows you to have many movies on a single disk.
If the issue is to view them on a TV, then I think other option is to connect your TV to the PC using HDMI. But that would only work if TV supports it.

Now's your call.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Well not everyone have that option right.

Sometimes my parants wants to see few movies for which I need to make them Video DVD watchable in DVD Players. There's no other option :(

@OP Well for your case all I can say what @aswin1 said. May be they are highly compressed. You may try by degrading their quality, you can set quality as lowest which I of-course don't recommend.

OP
meetdilip

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Thanks for the replies. @ aswhin is right, I want to work them on normal DVD player. It seem not so easy. I will live with one movie per DVD. Thanks again.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@meetdilip: u can use other converters such as format factory or SUPER to convert mkv to vob format & then burn them in DVD using nero...

if u want a menu system in DVD then use Nero Vision

Top Bottom