How to overcome anxiety and depression?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,

I started this thread for asking some tips to overcome these issue.

Anxiety-Whenever i face a problem , my mind gets negative thoughts of failure.
For eg When iam at home, i get anxious when i hear some people outside calling or vehicle goes by.
I feel sometimes that some bad thing is coming or quarrel may happen with him.
I had this feeling since i fought with a guy when he argued outside my house over some problem.
I worry a lot over silly things .My heart starts to pump fast when feel anxious.
I don't know how to overcome this anxiety which i feel from longtime.

Depression-Sometimes Whenever i face failure, i easily get depressed without moving forward.
I try to motivate myself but get depressed at times.This is mostly because i faced failure and it repeats and
i lose energy to move forward and get demotivated/depressed.But i can recover over short period but i waste my time over
internet when i get depressed.This cause me to get addicted to internet.

Do i need to consult a doctor for these issues?Can i overcome it with meditation or something?

Thanks

Renny

Padawan
When did you fight with the guy? Its totally natural to feel shaky after an encounter (if you haven't had experience fighting with people!!), don't worry the fear will pass and you'll toughen up and get stronger in the process - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
What you refer to as sudden heart rate spike are palpitations due to anxiety - Meditate, focus, workout and toughen yourself up - Nothing like being prepared for an eventual hard situation (Which we all must face time to time).

Is it workplace failure gets you down/depressed?

PS - Go to a doctor as a last resort, your symptoms aren't chronic, don't let them go till there.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Hi all,

For eg When iam at home, i get anxious when i hear some people outside calling or vehicle goes by.
I had this feeling since i fought with a guy when he argued outside my house over some problem.
I worry a lot over silly things .My heart starts to pump fast when feel anxious.

Depression-Sometimes Whenever i face failure, i easily get depressed without moving forward.
I try to motivate myself but get depressed at times.This is mostly because i faced failure and it repeats and
i lose energy to move forward and get demotivated/depressed.But i can recover over short period but i waste my time over

Do i need to consult a doctor for these issues?Can i overcome it with meditation or something?

Thanks

We're on the same boat, bro. Regarding anxiety, You might have OCD as I do.

Lately, I have started liking feeling Depressed. And I am addicted to that feeling. Don't know why.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
When did you fight with the guy? Its totally natural to feel shaky after an encounter (if you haven't had experience fighting with people!!), don't worry the fear will pass and you'll toughen up and get stronger in the process - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
What you refer to as sudden heart rate spike are palpitations due to anxiety - Meditate, focus, workout and toughen yourself up - Nothing like being prepared for an eventual hard situation (Which we all must face time to time).

Is it workplace failure gets you down/depressed?

PS - Go to a doctor as a last resort, your symptoms aren't chronic, don't let them go till there.

Thanks for thoughts.I fought about 3 months ago.
I am not working and at home trying other jobs/higher studies since a year which is a risk i took .
But these issues amplified a bit since i am at home due to boredom i guess.

*www.youtube.com/user/bkshivani
Eric Thomas - YouTube

Thanks will listen

Lately, I have started liking feeling Depressed. And I am addicted to that feeling. Don't know why.

thanks will research on symptoms.

theterminator

Wise Old Owl

Yeah, I am suffering from that too but its Obsessive Computer Disorder in my case :lol:.

@OP... don't worry bro, we're with you in the elite group of non-working-sitting-at-home-infront-of-their-computer-all-time disorder.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Yeah, I am suffering from that too but its Obsessive Computer Disorder in my case :lol:.

@OP... don't worry bro, we're with you in the elite group of non-working-sitting-at-home-infront-of-their-computer-all-time disorder.

Thanks ;)

@shah

Ya i do wash my hands frequently..lol as per wiki have one symptom atleast. let see

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/OCD_handwash.jpg/230px-OCD_handwash.jpg

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
The symptoms you mentioned are more or less the same i had when i was diagnosed with anxiety/schizophrenia/depression,2 years back.Feeling anxiety is absolutely normal but only upto a level which would not inhibit you daily routine.I would highly recommend you to consult a psychiatrist before anything goes worse.

Hrishi

Hi all,

Thanks

Not alone on that boat , in the forum.:wink:
Well I do have similar issues.
Here's something I suggest :
->Increase interaction with people in physical life . I mean go out and have some friends.

->Everyone out there feels pretty much the same at some stage of life . But then they learn to fight. You'll get aware of this fact when you start observing people around you. That's why I am saying interact and understand how everyone else feels.

If possible try to make so close friends with whom you can share your feelings. It really helps. Learn to enjoy every moment , there's nothing to be afraid of. It's all part of life .

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
The symptoms you mentioned are more or less the same i had when i was diagnosed with anxiety/schizophrenia/depression,2 years back.Feeling anxiety is absolutely normal but only upto a level which would not inhibit you daily routine.I would highly recommend you to consult a psychiatrist before anything goes worse.

Thanks will consider.Did you take meds?

I also have this feeling that everything should be clean, perfect,etc.Did u have such symptoms.

Well I do have similar issues.
Here's something I suggest :
->Increase interaction with people in physical life . I mean go out and have some friends.

->Everyone out there feels pretty much the same at some stage of life . But then they learn to fight. You'll get aware of this fact when you start observing people around you. That's why I am saying interact and understand how everyone else feels.

If possible try to make so close friends with whom you can share your feelings. It really helps. Learn to enjoy every moment , there's nothing to be afraid of. It's all part of life .

Thanks rishi, i was trying the same for past few months slowly.It does give a confidence.I will improve.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Thanks ;)

@shah

Ya i do wash my hands frequently..lol as per wiki have one symptom atleast. let see

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/OCD_handwash.jpg/230px-OCD_handwash.jpg

Answer these questions, bro.

Do you become anxious when you find cupboards, windows or doors open?

Do you become anxious when you find things misplaced?

When you are anxious do you find it hard to concentrate on your work?

Are you sensitive to sound, light, etc.?

Hrishi

I also have this feeling that everything should be clean, perfect,etc.Did u have such symptoms.

Yeah , I still feel everything should go according to logic and perfection . But these things give me hard time making friends , so when I am with friends , I have somewhat learnt to say f**k logic and perfection. Let's have fun instead.

There was a time when I started developing problems with breathing . In fact , whenever I had thoughts about my career , future , exams , meeting with people , handling difficult situations I had that moment when I started feeling anxiety and then had problems with breathing.
I always wanted things to go the perfect way , and at times when it didn't happened that way then it was too harsh to bear.

In the end if there's something that's keeping it under control , it definitely has to be the practice of thinking less and doing more . I have stopped thinking too much , instead I spend more time finding a solution. I have realised that there are always some people there who care about me and will be there for me in times of need. I am not sure if there are any , but the thought gives me confidence to fight hard.
I keep in close with parents and family because their existence always makes me feel powerful ( confident ). And that I am not alone.

That's just my idea . It may be wrong or right , but I don't care as long as I am happy with that.

OP
G

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

Do you become anxious when you find cupboards, windows or doors open?

Are you sensitive to sound, light, etc.?

yes to all

Yeah , I still feel everything should go according to logic and perfection . But these things give me hard time making friends , so when I am with friends , I have somewhat learnt to say f**k logic and perfection. Let's have fun instead.

There was a time when I started developing problems with breathing . In fact , whenever I had thoughts about my career , future , exams , meeting with people , handling difficult situations I had that moment when I started feeling anxiety and then had problems with breathing.
I always wanted things to go the perfect way , and at times when it didn't happened that way then it was too harsh to bear.

In the end if there's something that's keeping it under control , it definitely has to be the practice of thinking less and doing more . I have stopped thinking too much , instead I spend more time finding a solution. I have realised that there are always some people there who care about me and will be there for me in times of need. I am not sure if there are any , but the thought gives me confidence to fight hard.
I keep in close with parents and family because their existence always makes me feel powerful ( confident ). And that I am not alone.

That's just my idea . It may be wrong or right , but I don't care as long as I am happy with that.

Agree with you.We should develop mind control which is very important.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
yes to all

There's a high chance that you're having OCD. Let me know if you find a solution to come out of this disorder. It might help me too.

Welcome to the club(boat :p). :D
It's next to impossible for me to make new friends. :( :(

[/QUOTE]
I don't trust anyone; even me. That's the problem with me. I can't even make a good friend let alone close friend. :(

@gopi_vbboy:
Sorry for hijacking your thread.

abhidev

Human Spambot

you are not alone buddy....even I get anxious with such things.

Moreover I also get anxious when people are wasting things like...
1. when eating out in a restaurant with friends...if they waste food..I get bit anxious and upset that the food is gonna be wasted and then I think abt the less fortunate ppl who have a hard time getting food.
2. I get anxious when I see a water tap open...wastage of water.
3. When I was in college...I would get really anxious before exams and would keep on calling my friends asking what all they have studied till now just to check if I have missed anything important...I know its silly :oops:...but it was the feeling to be left behind made me anxious.
4. There was also feeling that I would go totally blank during my exams and interview.

yes having interactions with close frnds and family helps a lot to overcome this...the feeling that you are not alone.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
you are not alone buddy....even I get anxious with such things.

Moreover I also get anxious when people are wasting things like...
1. when eating out in a restaurant with friends...if they waste food..I get bit anxious and upset that the food is gonna be wasted and then I think abt the less fortunate ppl who have a hard time getting food.
2. I get anxious when I see a water tap open...wastage of water.
3. When I was in college...I would get really anxious before exams and would keep on calling my friends asking what all they have studied till now just to check if I have missed anything important...I know its silly :oops:...but it was the feeling to be left behind made me anxious.
4. There was also feeling that I would go totally blank during my exams and interview.

yes having interactions with close frnds and family helps a lot to overcome this...the feeling that you are not alone.

I do feel the same about all the things mentioned above. :D

Let's create a separate thread for anxious and depressed digitians. :p

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl

/QUOTE]
yeah bud,im taking meds for past 2 years and doc said i would only have to take it for 2 more months since im almost at the last stage of recovery.:)
Also i was kinda like a perfectionist earlier,but im not as chronic as earlier.
For me(2 years ago) symptoms started at my new workplace.When i was not around others,i always got this bad feeling that my coworkers are talking behind my back saying bad things about me and i feared of being judged.I was not happy and i stayed away from social life/friends.I wouldnt take phone calls from my friend.I avoided everything and got isolated.From then everything felt really bad,i became a cynic. Thats when i quit my job and saw doc.
The real problem is the way we think about a situation,we tend to be more of a pessimist,but we really dont want to be,but thats what mind tells us to be.My doc told me to cause of this illness.
1)hereditary cause
2)chronic alcoholism
3)lack of sleep
etc.

Hrishi

Absolutely!!! Never ever think about what they will say.
Also stop thinking about things you can't control.

Hrishi

I do feel the same about all the things mentioned above. :D

Let's create a separate thread for anxious and depressed digitians. :p

Not sure that you guys are depressed. I think since most of the geek/techie guys are addicted to virtual life so much that handling real life situations becomes awkward and tiresome. Since you haven't had the chance to experience such situations before.

Modern day kids and teens Google for solutions .

Top Bottom