How to modify system properties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
to all of you.
When we right click on My computer icon then a menu appears and after selecting the properties from this menu, a system properties page appears, I want to know in the General tab if somebody wants to change the name of the processor etc. Is it possible in Windows? Please let me know with how to do this method? Thank for reading this post.
Regards,
GEEK_COMPUTERGEEK

sude

Tech'ing life seriously!!
Though I wonder why one would do this... but yes you can do this!! I dunno remenber the tool to be used. but u can do it.
But *Remember* it might invite issues to ur system comfiguration in future!.

-SUDE

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Hello,
to all of you.
When we right click on My computer icon then a menu appears and after selecting the properties from this menu, a system properties page appears, I want to know in the General tab if somebody wants to change the name of the processor etc. Is it possible in Windows? Please let me know with how to do this method? Thank for reading this post.
Regards,
GEEK_COMPUTERGEEK

Well, it can be done easily by changing Windows Registry settings. For example, if you want to change your processor information, do the following,

• Open Registry Editor by entering "regedit" (without quotes) in the Run box (WinKey+R)
  • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
  • There will be a string value named "ProcessorNameString". You can edit this string value to anything you want. And the changed value will be reflected on System Properties.

OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Well, it can be done easily by changing Windows Registry settings. For example, if you want to change your processor information, do the following,

• Open Registry Editor by entering "regedit" (without quotes) in the Run box (WinKey+R)
  • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DESCRIPTION\System\CentralProcessor\0
  • There will be a string value named "ProcessorNameString". You can edit this string value to anything you want. And the changed value will be reflected on System Properties.

Hello,
Sir,
Thank you for reply. Can we also change the size of Ram by using this way? Please let me know the procedure.Thank you for reading this post.
Regards,
GEEK_COMPUTERGEEK

~BSOD~

Broken In
ComputerGeek

RAM is a actually a hardware component, so u cant increase its value by any means other then expanding it.

CA50

Cyborg Agent
^^SPAM
what the hell is this??
Are you replying to the given question or creating one??

Mods plz check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom