How to make Wifi Hot Spot

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
Dear Forum,

I have a PC which is connected via cable for internet (Ethernet).
I have a laptop with wifi enabled.
Now, my question is what hardware shud i use to make my PC a wifi hotspot so that I can use net on my laptop also...

Please advice !!!

Thanks

tkin

Back to school!!
Dear Forum,

I have a PC which is connected via cable for internet (Ethernet).
I have a laptop with wifi enabled.
Now, my question is what hardware shud i use to make my PC a wifi hotspot so that I can use net on my laptop also...

Please advice !!!

Thanks
Get a router, a basic one can be had for ~1.5k, connect ethernet cable to that, now connect the laptop to it via wireless, and connect the PC with another ethernet cable.

This is a good one: Netgear JNR1010 N150 Wireless Router - Netgear: Flipkart.com

Back ports:
*img6a.flixcart.com/image/router/h/m/m/netgear-n150-wireless-router-400x400-imadenuezmka6ywj.jpeg

The blue is the input ethernet port where your internet line connects, yellows are outputs, connect pc to that, connect laptop via wireless.

OP
mati17

mati17

All Prez to The Almighty
@tkin: Thanks Buddy !!!

If i put "NetGear G54/N15 WiFi USB Micro Adapter" in my pc. Will my pc create wifi hot spot ???

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
@tkin: Thanks Buddy !!!

If i put "NetGear G54/N15 WiFi USB Micro Adapter" in my pc. Will my pc create wifi hot spot ???

A router will be a much better option than a wifi adapter. If you plan to use a adapter, then usability will not be so versatile, say, you on your PC and want to use net on your laptop, then wifi adapter will do, but what if PC goes off due to some reason ? Then again plug the cable to laptop, which is a tedious task. A router will keep you free from these headaches.

ramakanta

Ambassador of Buzz
Get a router, a basic one can be had for ~1.5k, connect ethernet cable to that, now connect the laptop to it via wireless, and connect the PC with another ethernet cable
--^ please visually show how it connect .???

I have a Data One 's Siemens ADSL SL2_141 model , can I create Wifi Hot Spot . ???

tkin

Back to school!!
--^ please visually show how it connect .???

I have a Data One 's Siemens ADSL SL2_141 model , can I create Wifi Hot Spot . ???

Is it a modem or router? See the manual if there is anything about router functionality.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
does your PC has wifi by using a usb wifi adapter?if yes then just use windows networking like you normally do when sharing over lan except in this case it would be wifi.if not then also you can share files where pc is connected to siemens sl2_141 by lan wire & laptop is connected by wifi.

Top Bottom