++++:( How To Make Downloading Fast+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
hi guys

::cyborg:: here

guys iam really suffering from my pacenet connection it is a 128kbps connection but it only gives me 15 kbps speed wtf :(

is there any way to boost download speed the softwares available are really useless like connection booster and all.

thanks

plz help :((

ThinkFree

Technomancer
hi guys

guys iam really suffering from my pacenet connection it is a 128kbps connection but it only gives me 15 kbps speed wtf :(

is there any way to boost download speed the softwares available are really useless like connection booster and all.

thanks

Are you sure its kbps? It would be KBps (15KBps=120kbps)

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
hi guys

thanks

The Speed you are getting is exactly correct... You cant get more then that...
ISP shows speed in Kilo-BITS per socond while when we download our browser shows speed in kilo-bytes per second... Since 8 bits = 1 byte...
then by dividing your 128 kbps speed by 8 we have 16 kBps... Thats what you get...
I hope I cleared your doubts...

legolas

Padawan
guys not again the confusion between Kb and KB.

your isp offers 128 Kbps, Kilo bits per seconds. Its standard for marketing.
However, in softwares you see KB which is 128/8 = 16 KB/sec. This is your maximum speed. And you should get at about 15 - 15.5 KB... I hope its the case in urs too. You might have unknowingly mentioned as 15kb I suppose?

OP

In the zone
thanks legolas and quiz master i did'nt knew that well is there any way to make downloads faster i mean any tweak :|

thanks a lot anyway

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
You may can boost download speed..but you cant cross the bandwidth alloted by your ISP.

In your case, your download upper limit is 16KBPS, and you are getting 15KBPS, so, you are getting right speed.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
You'll get speed a little less than speed mentioned by ISP divided by 8. For ex. me- I have 150 Kbps connection and I get about 15+ speed. So its like that only.

At the ISP, your speed is not limited. Your connection is given lower prio than higher speed connections. A person with 300 Kbps conn. will get first priority than 150 Kbps user. And if there r very few users of 300 Kbps u'll get a greater speed like in my case, i get about 30 after 0000 hours and till 5000 hrs its like that. :D :D :D

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^^^^^^^^^
No dear....this is not the reason :)

Reason is:
Most Home connection dont have have 1:1 bandwidth allocation. generally home connection have 1:2 ration.

Means if you have 256 connection, and 1:2, than your speed will vary from 128 Kbps to 256 Kbps.

All business/ commercial plans have 1:1, and so they pay more monthly free.

And, there is nothing called priority. Only difference is home connections and business connection.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Well AFAIK, ISPs are supposed to give at least 80% of the advertised speed as dictated by TRAI. I maybe wrong though. But if its right, then your funda of contention ratio of 1:2 doesn't hold..

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
^^ Well AFAIK, ISPs are supposed to give at least 80% of the advertised speed as dictated by TRAI. I maybe wrong though.

I dont have any idea abut TRAI rules.........But this is what I was taught at Airtel BB.
Once I asked , why the same 256 Kbps connection has different rate for home connection and commercial plan....and I got this answer.

Another advantage of commercial plan is, they get better support.

But if its right, then your funda of contention ratio of 1:2 doesn't hold..
LOL...this is not my funda.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
^^^^^^^^^^
No dear....this is not the reason :)

Reason is:
Most Home connection dont have have 1:1 bandwidth allocation. generally home connection have 1:2 ration.

Means if you have 256 connection, and 1:2, than your speed will vary from 128 Kbps to 256 Kbps.

All business/ commercial plans have 1:1, and so they pay more monthly free.

And, there is nothing called priority. Only difference is home connections and business connection.

According to Reliance and VSNL, upload speed is equal to download speed or 512 kbps whichever is lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom