How to hide files and folders???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashis

In the zone
ramprasad said:
Hi,
The folders hidden using attrib +s +h can be viewd when 'Hide Protected Operating System Folders' is unchecked in Folder Options --> View.

Regards,
Ramprasad

Well....
I tried what U said....But it doesn't seam to work that way!
The files Or folder hidden using attrib +s +h are still hidden! :wink:

Any way...I any be wrong & I am still looking into it...If any body else also finds the same..Plz do report :arrow:

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thankyou every one, but the problem is not solved till yet. I tried every thing that I was recommended in the forum, but none could hide the files or the folders if I boot the computer in MS DOS mode. Now, is there any software that can actually hide the folders from MS DOS bootup.

Ashis

In the zone
go4saket said:
Thankyou every one, but the problem is not solved till yet. I tried every thing that I was recommended in the forum, but none could hide the files or the folders if I boot the computer in MS DOS mode. Now, is there any software that can actually hide the folders from MS DOS bootup.

Yea.....convert UR partition into NTFS :twisted:

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thats fine, but what if I want to use that partition from MS DOS for some reason. Incase if I convert it to NTFS, I wont be able to use it from DOS atall, and I cant do that.

Ashis

In the zone
go4saket said:
Thats fine, but what if I want to use that partition from MS DOS for some reason. Incase if I convert it to NTFS, I wont be able to use it from DOS atall, and I cant do that.

Well in that Case U need NTFS Floppy

Also Visit:
*www.ntfs.com/
*www.ntfs.com/products.htm

OP
go4saket

go4saket

But that again wont help as if I convert the partitions to NTFS and boot through a NTFS floppy, the same thing happens. Again the hidden folders and files would be exposed to every one... That's something I dont want to happen... Seems like there is no resque...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom