How to format and reinstall OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakthirajesh

Broken In
Hello friends,
My friend is having HCL Beanstalk 4998 Media center PC. Now he wants to format and reinstall OS. How to reinstall OS? He is having 2 CD's named as recovey cd.. How to format and reinstall OS using that recovery cd?

praka123

left this forum longback
you need windows installation CD to start an installation.get the media.then validate with M$ online during installation.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
If you wish to install Win XP SP-2. Go to BIOS setup and change the 1st boot device CDROM. Insert the Win XP Installation CD in CD/dvd drive. System will boot from CD. Follow the instruction. Some where it will give option for format do the job as per instruction and install the OS as displayed instruction.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
its branded PC, so no need to go to BIOS, or get another XP CD.

just Back-up all IMPORTANT Datas onto CD/DVD & insert that Recovery DVD/CD.

you'll have two options, 1. Standard Recovery, 2. Full recovery.

Select Full Recovery, in this process of full recocery, the WHOLE Hard Disk is formatted (all partition r deleted).

so first make back-up of all the datas that you need, & then ONLY proceed.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Windows Media Center Edition 2005 comes with two CDs.I presume - I may be wrong - that the two CDs that came with your PC as recovery CDs are nothing but copies of these two CDs.Please check and confirm this.If my presumption is correct you can straight away install the operating system using these two CDs provided you have the Product Key and I am sure you can find the product key in the sticker pasted by HCL on your PC ( certificate of authenticity ).Start installation with the bootable disk 1 as you would normally install windows.At some point you will be asked to insert the second CD and do so. After some files are copied from the second CD you will be asked to Please Insert Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD. Do not get confused and go searching for Windows XP Service pack 2 CD.Simply insert disk 1 again click Ok and proceed. (SP2 files are actually present in Disk 1).After installing the operating system proceed to install the drivers.If you know what motherboard is used you should have no problems. I do not know whether HCL has put the drivers also on the Second CD.In the original, disk 1 has the following main folders docs,dotnetfx,I386,support,and Value add and the used space is 580 MB.Second CD has one single main folder Cmpnents and occupies 258 MB and that leaves a lot of space for HCL to put all the drivers. Does not HCL say how to use the Rescue CD?

nvidia

-----ATi-----
ax3 said:
digit should give us FASTRACK 4 this topic ....... whot do u think ?

i have made many request bt no response ..... hope many ppl demand it & thus save lotta money which is spend 4 this small stuff & resulting in less visits 2 ur computerwala .......

Fasttrack to Format and reinstall the OS??:rolleyes::D:D:D

nvidia

-----ATi-----
^^ +1
You can ask for a special article or a tutorial on it.. But 15mins work cant fill a book:D:D

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Its Already On FastTrack

It was in the "Upgrade Your PC" released somewhere in 2005.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom