how to encode with Divx and other codecs(step by step)

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghug

Right off the assembly line
hai all,

frankly i dont know much abt encoding movies :( i have Divx and other codecs but dont know how to encode with them. can anyone please tell me how to encode a movie with Divx codec( step by step). which software to use( is there any free softwares available) and the procedure.

Thanks in advance,
bye.

PS: i havent tried this out, but my friend has.

first go here for a tutorial on encoding divx with links to download free software

*www.doom9.org/gknot-main3.htm

they have tuts with screenshots , and the software is free, so you may find it easy to work with

mamba

In the zone
use Dr Divx . they advertise it as a 3 step s/w 2 convert ur movies 2 divx , n actually it is that simple . its got a simple interface , n ne nubee use it . also if u understand tech-terms , u can customize ur vid 2 ne length u want

OP
R

raghug

Right off the assembly line
thanks Dheeraj and mamba. i tried the softwares recommended by u. but Dr. Divx is a trail version it wont allow u to encode more than 1 min until u register.

i tried the qknot also but its too complex i am still trying to understand it.

any one have any more suggestions please help me.

Thanks in advance,
raghug.

expertno.1

Technomancer
use virtual dub
it has many video codecs othrer than divx
many are free also

jsut set the encoding option in virtual dub to any file format you want and then click n save

hey you are done !

if not then post here

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I presume to that u want to rip a DVD and get the same as .avi file.

Do this:
1. Get DVD Decrypter (Freeware)
*www.dvddecrypter.com/
2. Get autoGk (Full pacakge) (Free)
*www.autogk.me.uk/modules.php?name=Downloads
3. First use DVD Decrypter to rip the VOB file from your DVD and save them into a folder.
4. Now open up auto GK...and locate the directory where u've saved the .VOB files...and now u have the option to rip to whatever size...since u wanna rip to 1.37 GB (2 CDS) or 700mb ,tick that option....and then change the other settings if u wish..and hit RIP!!

Note the ripping speed depends on the PC speed and it's performance. Get autoGK only u have a faster computer.
There are many ways to do this, but u wanted freewares :p

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Have you heard that <VP62> codec is better than Divx...
or
about the No1DVDripper...*www.dvdtox.com/

Similar thread is there

read this full...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11772

you will find very usefull things there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom