How to Degauss monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Can anyone tell me how to degauss my monitor? My monitor shows up as default monitor in the Display Settings. Originally it is a Vintron 15'' monitor, but has no option to do so.

Also, can you tell me if there is a software to do so?

Anand_RF

Journeyman
You don't need software. You can do it through monitor buttons. Goto the menu and goto a section which MAY be named special or misc. You'll find the degauss option there.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My monitor doesnot have a menu button. It simply has the buttons to select the various options and a +/- button to adjust. So everything has to be adjusted from the front of the monitor itself.

Third Eye

gooby pls
DeSmOnD dAvId said:
My monitor doesnot have a menu button. It simply has the buttons to select the various options and a +/- button to adjust. So everything has to be adjusted from the front of the monitor itself.

Your monitor doesnot have menu button ?
You can also degauss via driver,tell me what do you have chipset or graphic card.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
if you only have options and +/- buttons, you can degauss by a combination of the buttons. Try the brightness and contrast buttons together. Or try experimenting with combinations (or RTFM)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
tech_mastermind said:
You can degauss via driver properties,check the degausss in driver properties,you will find it.

There isnt any option to in the driver properties.

Can anyone suggest any software that can invoke my motherboard to do it?

shaunak

Tux Fan
Get intel's latest drivers. Go to graphic properties. navigate around the menus you will surely find it.

PCWORM

UBERGEEK
If u have an LG Monitor then the degauss button is there in the settings display
of the monitor.....i think there is no medium of Degaussing by the help of any software or latest drivers..

i think as u have an old monitor it must not be supporting the degauss function.
but as ilugd told try some combinations of keys or if u have its booklet refer it.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
My Uncle tells me this trick:
To degauss a Monitor, keep it cold (such as by keeping it off overnight). When you put it on the next day in the same state, the monitor automatically gets degaussed.

What do you think (or say)?

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Well, logically it shouldn't, but maybe if you do it in faith, it should happen. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom